Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

A question for those who have stayed on top of FFXV content

05.27.2018 10:23pm
Thread Creator

Scribe
The Taru

First, are there any folks out there that have stayed on top of all the post launch updates and content releases? I myself finished the game and got the Plat. Trophy but haven't done anything afterwards. I got rid of my PSVR before the fishing game came out too :(. So if there is someone out there that has done everything so far, how were the additions?

Are there still updates planned? Who is in the know about this?

Jump to Post

05.28.2018 5:19am

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

I don't really know. I myself just started to play it. Although my work schedule at the moment doesn't give me much tome for video games. I'm not very far into it but is it worth really playing through this one?

Jump to Post

05.29.2018 1:09pm

Magnus
Registered Member

Well for starters, playing each of the episodes allows you to switch to that corresponding charatcer while in the main game. I have heard positive things about Prompto and Ignis' episodes. Galdio's episode seems to be the weakest of the three.

Royal edition expands on the content and makes some adiditons to the main story. It also has a credits sequence that shows the fates of the vairous characters and the final fates of the bros. However, Noctis' and Lunas fates are still locked in.

More content is planned going into next year, starting with Episode Ardyn in which we should see how he became the exiled king. Lunafreya and Aranea are also getting episodes. In addition, concept art has poped up showing possible alternate endings.

Jump to Post

05.29.2018 3:56pm

Inquisitor
Jericholic V2.0

I've held off on picking this game up since it was basically released unfinished/broken. I'll finally pick it up next year when all the DLC is released. I've been told picking up Royal Edition is about the same since the remaining DLC won't significantly add to the experience or alter the story, but I figure I've waited this long and have a ridiculous backlog. There's no point in getting a copy now. 

Jump to Post

05.29.2018 6:42pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

How long is the main quest of the game would you say? 

Jump to Post

05.30.2018 10:23am

Magnus
Registered Member

Estimated time without wondering around is 40 hours to compelte the main story as the game currently is. But trust me, you'll want to do the dungeons and sidequests. The rewards are worth it.

You're pretty much encouraged to compelte the Armiger and do the other sidequests and they do give you plenty of gil and rewards. I do think jsut playing through the main story makes the game THAT much more dfficult, especially later on. I know with the Royal ediiton they added in some boss fights to the main story.

Jump to Post

06.01.2018 1:17am
Thread Creator

Scribe
The Taru

I was probably able to get around 100 hours out of the game when it was first launched. The gameplay was very fullfilling the story without the expansions was lacking. It skips some huge moments.

I'm happy to hear they are thinking of doing stuff with those other characters!

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter