Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Dumbest thing you ever did in a FF

11.19.2018 6:53pm
Thread Creator

vinnyvalentino
Hyperion Master

Lets pretend for a minute this forum isn't completely dead.  I'm sure over the years this question has been asked before.  Probably a number of times but, what the hell, what decision did you make that you'd consider the dumbest thing you've ever done in any FF? I'll go ahead and start off.

So I was playing Final Fantasy Tactics.  I want to say it was my second playthrough, my "master" file, where I do everything the game has to offer, collect all the items, do all the sidequests etc.  I'm pretty far into the run, somewhere in chapter 4 or 5, I want to say.  Decided to do some grinding for JP to finish mastering a few classes with Ramza.  So I grind for a few hours(This was before I realized how easy it was to farm JP with Yell and Accumulate while leaving the last enemy alive and probably a chicken, what a noob I was) So I'm wondering around the map and had just finished mastering some classes, some of my eggs had hatched and finally a Wildbow was born.  Needed that ribbon.  Well some other random stuff hatched too so i get into a random battle after equipping Ramza with secret hunt.  So I put on a new class, figured why waste a battle just hunting when I could farm up some JP as well.  Don't remember the class or the secondary class ability I had equipped, but I remember it being a pretty crappy set up.  So anyways, I start the random encounter picking just Ramza and 4 monsters I wanted to hunt.  I start the battle and WTF! 10 or 11 or however many Monks.  All with the damned Gaia Gear and all knowing Earth Slash to kick my and my army of crappy monsters teeth in while healing each other.  Needless to say I had never run into this Rare Battle before and I hadn't saved since I had loaded up my file.  Made sure to start saving before random battles I wasn't bringing in real party memebers too after this.

And that, as they say, is that.

Jump to Post

11.19.2018 11:17pm
 (Edited on 11.19.2018 at 11:37pm)

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

Made the mistake of letting my little brother play my final fantasy 4 game on snes. When it came time to save he saved over my Master file where I was at the end of the game with everyone maxed leveled with all of the best equipment. It was like losing a child, I'm pretty sure being only 11 or 12 years old there was much crying and screaming and cursing which got me in trouble with my parents who would go on to say "It's just a video game" which of course as you know works to calm a gamer everytime they lose something, there was Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression and when I finally got everything back to where it was acceptance.

My brother would do this to me again years later on my Chrono Cross save.

Another dumb mistake was when I was watching my friend play Final Fantasy 8 and we got to the part where were riding the train and my friend had not saved in hours but he let me play through some of the game. Out of curiosity I clicked on a lamp item which took us to the fight with Diablo with his characters severly underleved and underprepared to fight it. I actually did pretty well but ended up dying. My friend was not too happy with me.

Jump to Post

12.28.2018 9:00am

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

Play FFXIII....

ZINNG ;)

Jump to Post

12.29.2018 9:01pm

Lexx
Terran Angel

The dumbest I can remember is when I was playing FFVII on my playstation.  I reached the end of disc 1 and hadn't saved in a loooooong time.  When I went to switch discs I instinctively turned the playstation off first.  Then my little brother started laughing really hard, and I realized what I'd done.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter