Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Ex-Death ... is now my second favorite FF villain

03.20.2023 2:20pm
Thread Creator

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

So I didn't realized this forums was still around. While I am here I might as well share my recent appreciation of Ex-Death an underrated villain for an underrated game.

I know the mainline Final Fantasy games has had it's share of iconic villians (Kefka, Sephiorth etc.) but the one that got overlooked was Ex-Death and after playing The Pixel Remaster of Final Fantasy V I am beginning to appreciate what he brings to the table.

Final Fantasy V was never known for it's story (sine the meat was more on the game mechancs). It's serviceable about a group of friends going on adventure to save the world with a good flow of humor.

But for FFV's lighthearted theme to work you needed the perfect vilian for this tone. And here comes Ex-Death!!!
There's nothing really menacing about him (at least compared to other villians) nor did he have a compelling backstory. 

What Ex-Death was was the prefect Saturday Morning Cartoon villian. Scheming along the way with his minions in his secret (ok not so secret)  lairs.

He devices traps to bait Galuf into coming to his castle, he pops up in random places mentiong his plan and going "Mwhahahahaa" everytime he appears (thanks to the GBA and PR translation for this) dissapears, and calls his minions to do his bidding. 

Ex-Death was so much fun this time around playing the Pixel Remaster, he's so campy like a twisting your mustache or stroking your chin with a big grin type Evil. It also helps the localization of the Pixel Remaster is better this time around.

So yeah Ex-Death is brilliant even his name lacks any subtlety. He's probably my 2nd favoriate mainliine FF villian (single player only).

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter