Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

FFVII PS4 Remake

< Prev 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18 Next >

12.07.2015 2:42am

Zet
Registered Member

Rhaegar said:

The FFVII remake will be ... EPISODIC.

And there goes whatever interest I had.

The trailer had me on the fence, but this probably just sealed the deal. Looks like I get to save my money and just watch "Let's Plays" on youtube to get the remake experience.

Jump to Post

12.07.2015 3:09am

Areas
Formerly Kenshin

Rhaegar said:

The FFVII remake will be ... EPISODIC.

And there goes whatever interest I had.

Wow.  They really can't get out of their own way these days.  Unbelievable. 

Jump to Post

12.07.2015 3:09am

Testament
Shamshot

The episodic part doesn't bother me so much, but WTF does "..each entry providing its own unique experience" mean?

Jump to Post

12.07.2015 3:47am

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

Either this is a tacitc admission of defeat in regards to disk size (and thus each 'episode' is the equivelant of a single disk), orrrr... as pointed out by a friend of mine, this might actually be a rerelease of the Compilation titles in connection with the remake (possible remakes for them on the horizon as well? It seems to ring true - and at least if this is indeed the case, it means we'd finally get Before Crisis. ;))

As it stands SE have not clarified what they meant by 'episodic experience' so lets save the knives for when we have more information. ;)

Jump to Post

12.07.2015 5:14am

Testament
Shamshot

Enkidoh said:

...as pointed out by a friend of mine, this might actually be a rerelease of the Compilation titles in connection with the remake (possible remakes for them on the horizon as well? It seems to ring true - and at least if this is indeed the case, it means we'd finally get Before Crisis. ;))

That would make sense. Methinks your friend is most likely correct.

Jump to Post

12.07.2015 6:54am

Areas
Formerly Kenshin

https://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1152062

Not about compilations.  Game will be cut into episodes in order for "a full remake of the original game to be achieved."

Combat system is apparently a hybrid of Dissidia, KH, and FF7.  ATB will be there in some form. 

"We are not going to remake a game so you only play for nostalgia. We want to make the hearts of the original fans pump. We are adjusting the storyline with this idea in mind."

Jump to Post

12.07.2015 1:25pm

grey_haven
Formerly known as 'Trekster'

Testament said:

The episodic part doesn't bother me so much, but WTF does "..each entry providing its own unique experience" mean?

My guess is each episode will focus on a different character's point of view. It's a different experience in that you have to fight as Barret for this episode.

Jump to Post

12.07.2015 2:06pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

*rubs temples*
Come on, Square Enix.  It was right there.

Jump to Post

12.07.2015 2:26pm

The Hulk
Good Boy

Megalixirs $2 a pop
50000 Gil $5
Characters wear branded clothing purchasable from online squareshop
Sidequests as DLC
Gold Saucer games cost real money

Oh and Lightning as a new main character.

I give good odds at least one of these things coming true.

Jump to Post

12.07.2015 2:57pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Oh lord the microtransactions are coming, aren't they?

When we* said we wanted a modern remake of FFVII, we didn't want all the shittiest parts of modern gaming included.

*(Obvs. not everybody.)

Jump to Post

12.07.2015 4:26pm

Testament
Shamshot

grey_haven said:

My guess is each episode will focus on a different character's point of view. It's a different experience in that you have to fight as Barret for this episode.

I would be fine with that. I just want it remade with the LBP. That could still happen, right?

...right?

*Least Bull**** Possible

Jump to Post

12.07.2015 5:44pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Oh I thought you meant LittleBigPlanet and was gonna be like that DID happen.

Yeah...I think I might not be on board for this anymore with the episodic thing.

In other news, the PS4 port came out, WITH cheats to let you get through the game faster if you so choose.  I think now that I don't so much want the remake, I might pick this up.

Jump to Post

12.07.2015 9:14pm

Crux
A mental Dentist's office

Well then, that explains why they were only showing scenes from the very beginning.... because they aren't going to be working on any of the pivotal scenes until much later....

This just screams bad marketability to me.

Jump to Post

12.07.2015 9:21pm

Areas
Formerly Kenshin

"However, Square Enix told GamesBeat that each entry will have its own story and feature the same amount of content as a full-sized game."

https://venturebeat.com/2015/12/07/square-confirms-final-fantasy-vii-remake-will-be-bigger-than-the-original-game/

Jump to Post

12.08.2015 1:23am

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

Areas said:

"We want to make the hearts of the original fans pump."
Wth anger? because as things are right now, nevermind what other misguided ideas they *will* implement in the future, that's how mine is going to pump.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter