Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

FFVII PS4 Remake

< Prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18 Next >

12.05.2015 6:40pm

Areas
Formerly Kenshin

I hope you all saw the new trailer.... OMG!

It is MUCH further along than I would have ever imagined.

Jump to Post

12.05.2015 7:14pm

Testament
Shamshot

Dude...

Jump to Post

12.05.2015 7:36pm

Spooniest
Coffee Warrior

Not interested. ;)

I'm going far far away somewhere

Jump to Post

12.05.2015 8:01pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

Oh I feel a lot of purists are going to hate this battle system.

Final fantasy 15.2

I'll reserve my own judgement for more detailed gameplay trailers.

Jump to Post

12.05.2015 9:12pm
 (Edited on 12.05.2015 at 9:18pm)

Areas
Formerly Kenshin

Looks more like the old versus XIII battle system than it does the XV one IMO.

Jump to Post

12.05.2015 10:18pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

Oh they probably just took versus XIII engine to build this game so it didn't go to waste.
The only thing I dislike are Barretts stupid sunglasses. Like he wouldn't be cool with out them or something like that.

Jump to Post

12.05.2015 11:54pm

Magnus
Registered Member

I think this is more Barret trying to be the badass leader. Well... we all know how that turns out. 

Wedge needs to have better voice work. His voice not only sounds like Tifa kicked him in the nuts a couple dozen times and hasn't recovered since, but also like the VA wasn't really trying.

Jump to Post

12.06.2015 1:54am

Ramses
Registered Member

Well screw that gameplay! PASS! How it doesn't sell one copy, and maybe they'll start making RPG's again. 

2011 FFO Fantasy Football Champion

Jump to Post

12.06.2015 11:16am

Fun
YES! WE! ARE!

Magnus said:

Wedge needs to have better voice work. His voice not only sounds like Tifa kicked him in the nuts a couple dozen times and hasn't recovered since, but also like the VA wasn't really trying.

Spoiler: don't worry, it won't bug you for too long

Jump to Post

12.06.2015 12:03pm

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

Fun said:

Haha, that is true. :p

Seriously though, after watching that new trailer, I agree Wedge's voice is atrocious, and also Barret's shades just make him look like a poser, but.. I don't know. I want to hate this, I really really do... but... damn you Nomura! Replace that minimalist battle graphic interface with something that matches the original in style and it's a done deal for me (well, I admit I'll probably get this even if they don't, but that would make it better :)).

Although it's hard to tell with an early 4 minute trailer, I love how it seems SE have expanded the maps of Midgar Sector 8 and added an apparent exploration requirement, and even the battle system does seem more natural. My only gripe with that is the GUI I mentioned, but that's more just me being unable to let go of the original's style of interface.

Jump to Post

12.06.2015 1:17pm

Magnus
Registered Member

Fun said:

Oh I know. ;)

Just wish they could have given him something a little better.

I get the feeling the demo is gonna set records for downloads over PSN.

Now when Guard Scorpion appeatred, I was actually half expecting Cloud to say the infamous mistranslation of  "Attack while it's tail is up, it's gonna counterattack with it's laser!"

Jump to Post

12.06.2015 1:40pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Magnus said:

Now when Guard Scorpion appeatred, I was actually half expecting Cloud to say the infamous mistranslation of  "Attack while it's tail is up............................................ it's gonna counterattack with it's laser!"

FTFY

The... not-great voice work reminds me of the not-great translation work, in a way.

Jump to Post

12.06.2015 5:30pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

The voice work could've just been place holders for now. A rush job to get an english trailer out.

Jump to Post

12.06.2015 6:47pm

Crux
A mental Dentist's office

^ I think that is the reason, the animations had not been adjusted to fit the English voice work yet, so perhaps that will come later.

Jump to Post

12.07.2015 2:21am

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

The FFVII remake will be ... EPISODIC.

And there goes whatever interest I had.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter