Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

"FFVI re-release screenshots...!"

< Prev 1 2 3 ... 6 Next >

12.04.2013 9:49am
Thread Creator

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

...on Android and iOS.

=))

===

"Plans? What plans? I'm making this up as I go!"

Jump to Post

12.04.2013 11:40am

Mert
on Dew

I am okay with this. Not too much of a departure from the original, but clearly more defined and much crisper.

Jump to Post

12.04.2013 2:26pm

Catastrophe
I'm Catbug!

Bah! Fie on thee and thy new-fangled technology.

Jump to Post

12.04.2013 5:17pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

I have no problems with this. My knee-jerk reaction to the announcement was "You don't fuck with perfection", but based on what I see here, I doubt the game will suffer from this. I'm actually hoping that they add 8-directional movement like they did on FFV.

In a dream world, I would also be in favor of see less battle transitions alla Chrono Trigger, but I know that's an absurd pipe dream.

Jump to Post

12.04.2013 5:50pm

Ashilyn
Career GM

I just don't get why people are so up in arms about the new look, particularly when they claim it's less deailed, when in fact I can tell some details cleaer than I ever could before. And I'll certainly take this over the pixelated, muddy mess 16 bit graphics can sometimes look like on modern displays. No, it's not the same as the 20 year old original, but why is that a bad thing?

Jump to Post

12.04.2013 6:11pm

Fincher
Deep Water Horizon

I don't like the cel-shaded look, but whatever.  It's not like I have a smartphone or would be getting this for it.

Currently playing: Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box, Picross DS
Last played: Time Hollow (good)
Last watched: Agent Carter (very good)
Me on Favslist

Jump to Post

12.04.2013 6:53pm

Shadow
Comes and goes like the wind...

I can live with this, I think it'll be fine.

Jump to Post

12.04.2013 7:20pm

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

Terra's hair is a lighter green.  YOU RUINED IT! 

Too early to tell in my book but I guess it doesn't even matter since I refuse to get a smart phone.  Still, I'd be weary about them dumbing down the battle system.  DIdn't they say they were going to "fix the grinding need"?

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

12.04.2013 7:27pm

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Looks good to me.

Although I didn't have a problem with FFV's new graphics, either, so ...

Jump to Post

12.04.2013 8:39pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

I don't know how much grinding is really needed to be able to beat the game. I've beaten it with Lv 18 characters.

Jump to Post

12.04.2013 10:36pm

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

Looks passable... I really wish they would hire a decent sprite artist for the mobile releases, but whatever. Any news on when? I've been checking the app store frequently.

Jump to Post

12.04.2013 10:43pm

Crisium
N/A

I got used to FFV phone version (playing it now) so I could get used to this.  But to be honest I prefer playing emulated with different patches applied.  I've played FFVI so many, many times I can't play it without patches.

Jump to Post

12.05.2013 2:21am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Looks pretty good to me

Jump to Post

12.05.2013 6:55am

Shadow
Comes and goes like the wind...

Coolsetzer said:

Looks passable... I really wish they would hire a decent sprite artist for the mobile releases, but whatever. Any news on when? I've been checking the app store frequently.

Yeah it's really tough, becuase in theory if it's being released on the iPad the game will have to run at a much higher resolution than the original 320x240 or whatever it was on the SNES. So all of a sudden having to make new pixel art that scales to the "HD" resolutions of an iPad is no easy task.

Jump to Post

12.05.2013 12:34pm

FenixDown
The King's orders are absolute

So far it doesn't look as bad as I expected considering the character models used in the FFV iPad game. I will never play this version anyway. But yeah, I'm more concerned with how much the gameplay will suffer from unnecessary adjustments (opposed to changes that actually would make the game better). Hopefully the audio quality will be better than the GBA release. If this gets ported to the Vita eventually, I might pick it up then.

Let's Play Chrono Trigger
Let's Play The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past
Let's Play Final Fantasy VI

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 ... 6 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter