Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

FFXIV 6.0 Endwalker

02.06.2021 4:34am
Thread Creator (Edited on 02.06.2021 at 4:51am)

Magnus
Registered Member

Moon + Endwalker. Don't tell me this title is not a partial nod to Moonwalker!

We're going to the moon baby!

Judging from the teaser. looks like we're getting the FFXIV version of the Lunar Whale. This may be what is hidden in Mor Dohna that Midgardsormr was protecting.

Release is Fall 2021. (Fuck you China!)

Story:

Preventing the second coming of end of days. This will be the end of the Hydalyen/Zodiark storyline. We are taken to the moon to stop Zodiark. Story ends at 6.0. FFXIV will not end.

6.1 begins a new adventure.

Do not fret! Yoshida is sticking around, views FFXIV as his lifes work unless SquareEnix president tells him to step down.

New Job classes.

Sage -Healer Type (this will be Alphinaud's new job, he will pick this up in 6.0 through the story)

-Uses Aether-embued Weapon, Nouliths (definate nod to Funnel/DRAGOONS/GN FANGS from Gundam depsite what Yodhida said. G-Warrior is big enough evidence Yoshida is deriving ideas from Gundam)

-Able to briefly self-augment own abiltiies.

-No Job requirements

-Starting Level is 70

-Will be retooling Astrologian to make it a pure healer and better distinguisehed from Barrier healers . This will be effected in the party finders

-Job will be offered in Limsa Lominsa

TBA in May (Necromanser? From Yoshida's t-shirt) -Melee DPS

Level Cap raised to 90

New Regions:

Thavnair - This island is located between Eorzea and Orthard. Can be seen on the world map. We will be exploring the entire island. The Dancer attire and job class originates from this island according to Lore.

Second region...

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
We've made it Mr. Frodo. We've made it to Mordor!

Garlemald: The Capital is in ruins a result of infighting.

Moon (TBA)

New Hub
Smaller town: 
Radz-At-Han (I am reminded of Lindblum, only no airships) Town is built on a mountain and outer regfions fo it are not supported by the ground. Definately has some Middle-eastern inspiraiton in the architecture.

Larger Town TBA

New Beast Tribes:

Matanga: These appeared at the Azeme Step. (Big blue elephant people) The tribe we are meatting is more peaceful.

Other tribes (TBA) Lunarians hinted?

New Primal:

ANIMA!!!!!! Designed by the same designer of FFX's anima, who is part of the design team for FFXIV

New Dungeons:
Wider variety of dungeons. Some ancient ruins, others high fantasy, others with modern feel.

New HIgh End Raid:
Pandemonium - compeltely original story with no collaboration

8-person raid Art indicates...

Lahabrea's back!

New Alliance Raid
Compeltely original Alliance raid and not a cross-over. Will invovle orzean Lore steeped in mystery

New Small-Scale PVP
New Side Squests based off of Role, Crafter, and Gathering

New Trust character:
Estinien -fills the melee dps hole
-Others may be revealed in May

Gold Saucer update:

"Something bigger than Mahjong"

New Content:
Island Sanctuary:
-Meant to be more relaxing content.
-Meant for all players
-Can invovle raising animals, farming
-Can take the fruits of your llabor and sell them
-Place to let your minions roam.

Housing:
The Firmament: Ishgard Housing completed.
-Purchasing will not be available until 6.1. Things need ot be done in 6.0
-Plan is to have same number of housing as other wards, along wiht apartments.
-Want to have enough plots available

RIP Belts.
-Belts no longer equippable and being removed from all content.
-Calamity Salvagers will be given the belts for safekeeping.
-All belt slots will be allocated.
-15 to Primary Weapons and 15 to Rings
-Remaining five slots held in reserve.

FFXIV confirmed for PS5
-If you already have it on PC, not much of a difference form my initial observations
-Boasts 4k resoilution support
-Faster Loading Times
-Significantly Improved Frame Rate
(I can't tell the difference since I play on PC and have never had to upgrade my computer)

Digital FF 2021 Commemorative Items:
-Lunar Whale Mount (based off of Yoshitaka Amonos original design)
-Seats eight people
-Minions Edge, Rosa, Rydia

Jump to Post

02.06.2021 8:58am

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

Yeah I was the same, as soon as I saw that logo, I immediately thought LUNAR WHALE.

So yeah, looks like we're going full on FFIV here - Derplander goes from DRK to PLD. Giant airship flying to the Moon. FFIV Rosa/Edge/Rydia minions and FFIV Lunar Whale mount from the digital Fanfest. And what's the betting Zenos absorbs Zodiark and becomes Zemus/Zeromous? (Zenus?Zenomous?Zenoark? :P).

Also it's funny, when they said new healer, due to the aforementioned FFIV references I just thought 'Sage' - imagine my delight when that's exactly what it was? :P Not yet a fan on those weird blades they use, but I have to at least give them props for originality (even though Alphinaud's version seems to use them more like guns). Second Job is a melee DPS but that won't be revealed til April/May, although hinted to be a scythe user by that Grim Reaper tshirt Yoshi wore (but of course, that could be just a red herring).

Also looks like Garlemald goes to hell in a handbasket - literally. Kept thinking of FFVI and Kefka's Tower (even though Hell!Garlemald is actually more like Pandemonium from FFII and Garlea (the capital of the Niflheim Empire) in FFXV.

I admit I got really pumped seeing Aphinaud, Alisaie and Derplander in his fancy PLD armour fighting FFXI dark dragons in a burning Floating City of Nym, so Eorzea is probably getting torched by Zenos and his Ascian pal. I wonder how this would be reflected in open world however (at least we know now what those weird towers appearing around the world in patch 5.4 are for now).

And I'm glad Lahabrea is back, because I always felt cheated out of killing him in the Singularity Reactor by Thordan. It's going to be sweet. :P

Either way, a lot of questions still unanswered, but we'll find out soon. :)

Jump to Post

02.10.2021 7:14pm

Spoony
TEH DISCORD CREW~

After Shadowbringers I have nothing but faith in the development team, writers, etc.  This should be awesome.

Now, I don't think that 6.0 ending the current storyline means that Eorzea will be destroyed or anything like that.  I'd figure we'll just go off on a new journey with a standalone plot, like FFXI's Chains of Promathia, Treasures of Aht Urghan, etc.
Also, I dunno about that belt thing.  I main Dragoon, and as such don't really have a free hand to hold my pants up while fighting.

Jump to Post

05.15.2021 5:13am
Thread Creator (Edited on 05.15.2021 at 12:20pm)

Magnus
Registered Member

Release Info:

Release Date: November 23 2021. (...Thanksgiving week. And I am in hardware mode/turkey-eatting mode that week)

Collectors Edition

What's in the Box?
incldued art kit, Crfated Paladin figure, Art Collection and frame set, Azem set, Loporrit mini plush.

In-Game: Arion Mount(six-legged winged horse), Wind-up Porom Minion, Death Scythe (not the Gundam)

FFXIV: Endwalker Collectors Box For those who purchase via Steam PS5/4.

You buy the code and get it online and get the box via mail.

FFXIV: Endwalker Digital Collector Edition

For those who want the in-game items only.

FFXIV: Endwalker Standard Edition

For those on a budget/don't want the digital items.

General pre-order bonmuses for all version:

Wind Up Palom Minion and Menphina Earring

Game is going with non-physical media for purchase.

Early Access November 19 2021

New info including an extended trailer.

6.0 will have a ton of content in order to wrap up the Zodiark/Hydaelyn storyline.

We are introduce dto anothe rof the First Brood. Vreitra, who is one like Niddhogg, Hraesvalgyr, and Tiamat.

The guy in the Sharlyian Concil Chamber will be introduced in 5.56. May be Alphinaud and Alisae's father.

New major Hub.

Old Sharlyan. City where the archons/Scions began. Serves in the same manner as the Crystarium. Setting is the Concil are a bunch of beuracrats content to let the world burn while they remain safely isolated from the choas (naratively this is an indication shits gonna go down there.)

New Job Class

Reaper: Melee DPS. Armor set is same as Dragoon. Wields the 2h scythe weapon for CQC which give primary damage. Avatar from the void joins in battle to deal damage. Can also seve as host for their Avatar. Completely original job. No required class. 1 job must be at lvl 70 along with the Endwalker expansion. starting levle is lvl 70. Job quests being from Ul'Dah.

Will be the next job class of Zenos.

Areas in the regions:

Labryinthos: Area described as an enigma. Buildings have ancient look with technology to them. Is actually underground. (I get the feelign this will be expanded on in the future.

Thavnair: The whole region is very vibrant wiht it's coloring. Heavily inspired by Indian arhcitecture.

New peice of artwork with a location in the sky. More info to come.

Garlemald: As before, City is in ruins from civil war by would-be monarchs vying for the throne (save Noah van Garbranth)

The Moon: Mare Lementorum is the region on the moon, a pit where Zodiark clearly sleeps is next tot he hub. We may yet explore more of the moon in future expansions.

Beats Tribes:

The Magus sisters: Going along with the FFIV-esqe themes we'll be fighting them. Will be portrayed differently.

Loporrits: design is clearly derived from FFXII moogles. Residents of the moon

Belts will be replced with slots for rings and weapons.

High-End Raid Pandemonion:

Oriignal series with original enemies

New Housing: Ishgard available in 6.1

New Dungeons:

First one depicts what is clearly the final dengeon leading the Zodiark's chamber.

Second one is Garlean-themed

Third one appears ot be set in Labiryntios

New Alliance Raid:

Myths of the Realm

Deals with The Twelve.

The final reveal: BUNNY BOIS!!!

Beast Ladies coming.

Jump to Post

11.10.2021 5:54am

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

Perhaps not surprisingly, given Yoshi's perfectionism, launch and early access have now been delayed to beginning of December:

https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/543305a31fe801d5df3a29ef2cea581e00b46761

Which I'm glad, as it gives me a chance to get caught up!

Also, launch trailer has gone live, which...asks more questions!

Youtube link as the video play function seems to be broken ; ;

Anima looks monsterous, fittingly (although no sign on the Magus Sisters as far I could see, unless that's Mindy's voice saying about "relieving your burdens")
Venat/Hydaelyn finally shown (assuming the 'Lady of Light' is her)
Ancients shown as actual people (with hair and faces under their masks), rather than the featureless drones Emet depicted them as Unknown Garlean Legatus in FFXII Judge Bergan armour inside a locomotive cab (Doomtrain?)
Is that Crystal World I see?
FFVII Remake 'Time Jannies?'
Zenos being the smarmy bastard as usual (apparently capturing the WoL and browbeats them)
Fannyboy taking a leaf out of FFXI's book with the whole 'Gate of the Gods' thing
Surprisingly, no Lyse or Gaius shown.... that doesn't bode well for them
Zodiark finally shown in the flesh so to speak
Emet being overly theatrical in his voiceovers, as usual :p

Damnit, I can't wait til December Yoshi, why must you torture us! :D

Jump to Post

11.10.2021 7:03pm

Spoony
TEH DISCORD CREW~

Yoshida really, really needs a vacation.  That poor guy was close to tears announcing the two-week delay. 

Jump to Post

04.13.2022 1:34am
Thread Creator (Edited on 04.16.2022 at 3:54am)

Magnus
Registered Member

So... 6.1

Fucking Golbez and the Elemental Archfiends incoming!

Just completed the first of the new raid series. Definately had some Greek God vibes in this one. Can't wait to see what the other eight are like later this year.

Also, as to their identities, I am leaning towards them being...

The twelve who sided with Venat, agaisnt the Convocation, and summoned Hydaelyn. The forms they take are of the same Creation Magic that Emet'selch/Hades used

There werer 14 members of the Convocation. If my memory serves me correct, Azem took neither side having friends on both.

The other 13 memebrs of the Convocation summoned Zodiark with Elidibus becoming the Heart of Zodiark. The Convocation then became the Ascians number 12 Overlords and 1 Emissary.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter