Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

FFXI SOA - Extra EU Code

04.05.2013 1:34pm
Thread Creator

Shadow
Comes and goes like the wind...

I was going to post it on reddit, but figured I'd throw it out here first. I have an extra EU code for anyone that wants the expansion for free. Basically you'd have to find your own way to download the files (from a torrent or something), but I'd be happy to give out my extra code.

Jump to Post

04.05.2013 6:35pm

Ashilyn
Career GM

Will the code only work for an EU account? If not, I'm all over this.

Jump to Post

04.05.2013 6:51pm

Zubis
Registered Member

Yeah, it only works for an EU account.

Jump to Post

04.06.2013 12:21pm

Fun
YES! WE! ARE!

Awesome, I needed one. I need to torrent the discs anyway since no CD drive in this PC.

Still got it handy?

Jump to Post

04.06.2013 2:16pm

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

Sadly SE has decided to make the PC version of SoA digital distribution only - there's no DVD version (only the 360 version has a disc version).

And on top of that, for some reason SE's website throws up an error if I try purchasing it, saying some doggerel about 'it not being currently available in your country' - evidentally the recent rerelease of the PC version of FFVII had this same problem, for a month or so Australians couldn't purchase it. Figures I guess. :(

Jump to Post

04.06.2013 6:06pm
Thread Creator

Shadow
Comes and goes like the wind...

Enkidoh said:

Sadly SE has decided to make the PC version of SoA digital distribution only - there's no DVD version (only the 360 version has a disc version).

And on top of that, for some reason SE's website throws up an error if I try purchasing it, saying some doggerel about 'it not being currently available in your country' - evidentally the recent rerelease of the PC version of FFVII had this same problem, for a month or so Australians couldn't purchase it. Figures I guess. :(

My apologies Fun, someone messaged me to snag it right before you earlier this morning.

As for Enkidoh's comments, I can almost gurantee you the lack of PC physical copy has more to do with retailers not wanting to stock an expansion to a 10 year old MMORPG and less to do with whether or not Square wanted it.

Jump to Post

04.06.2013 10:19pm

Zubis
Registered Member

That and the digital download is 5GB, it wouldn't fit on one DVD.

Jump to Post

04.11.2013 12:18am

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

5 gb?? I bought Adoulin for PC a few days ago and the installer download only came in at a little over 210 mb for me all up, so I don't know what went wrong for you Zub.

In any event, the problem I was having which prevented me from purchasing it in hindsight I think was just the Australian censorship board dragging their feet on issuing it with an Aussie rating and hence SE couldn't sell it to us until that was cleared. Bloody red tape. At least I have it now. :D

Jump to Post

04.11.2013 12:50am

Zubis
Registered Member

Er sorry, I mean the full Seekers Edition is 5GB, that's why there isn't a physical version of that.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter