Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Favourite FF7 boss battle

< Prev 1 2 Next >

12.09.2012 2:31am
Thread Creator

Jed Kemsley
Registered Member

Thanks to YouTube, I've been reliving all my favourite boss battles from FF7. And after careful consideration, the fight against Rufus and Dark Nation on top of the Shinra Tower is my favourite battle. Something about how the helictoper is circling, then Rufus just takes off like he's off for an important meeting or something, makes it my favourite. What's yours? :)

Jump to Post

12.09.2012 4:02am

Som
Genitals are Funny

If this was any other forums i'd make a sarcastic remark about we haven't had this topic recently

Anyways, for my fav fight i think i'll go with Demon Wall. It's not really an interesting fight or anything, but my god i felt good once i had beaten it. No other fight in the game gave me the same feeling having beaten it.

Jump to Post

12.09.2012 4:22am
Thread Creator

Jed Kemsley
Registered Member

Yeah, Demon Wall was a pain for me too the first few times. Felt good to win that battle.

Jump to Post

12.09.2012 4:45am

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

Schizo jumps out at me as a favorite.

Jump to Post

12.09.2012 9:37am

Megz
Capital M before egz

I'm currently replaying FFVII and it's been good revisiting all of this stuff for the first time in what must be about 5 years. I forgot how much I relished the challenge of the battle arena having just completed that in order to get the keystone. 

As for favourite boss fight - Palmer's is fun. Jenova DEATH was cool for the music. Hmmm hard to pick an all time favourite though - I've never been good at picking those.

Sugar. Short AND sweet.

Jump to Post

12.09.2012 12:23pm

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

I like Yuffie's dad boss fight because I love the movements he does during the fight.

Jump to Post

12.09.2012 2:44pm

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

I still think the Jenova fight on the ship is still one of my favorite and it's not necessarily for the fight itself but the leadup.  The atmosphere on that boatride to Coasta del Sol was so one of the "scarier" experiences I've had in a game growing up; something about the music and the tension. 

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

12.09.2012 8:56pm
 (Edited on 12.09.2012 at 9:11pm)

Cameron
Registered Member

My favorite boss battle is probably Dycedarg in Tactics - purely for the storyline aspect.  Zalbag finally sees his older brother for what he is, feels guilty about shaming and sending his more loyal half-brother away, and just then, Ramza returns.  Battling Wiegraf as a demon was also a pretty stand-out boss battle.

I agree with others though, in VII, the Demon Wall was definitely one I was happy to be done with.  Now it's kind of laughable that I ever had a hard time with that battle though.   I kinda wish I could go back to that level of incompetence with RPGs though.  Somehow makes the experience more real and engaging when you actually don't know what you're doing and are struggling to win battles.  

EDIT: Sorry, did not read the first post (or thread title apparently, lol).  Was not aware it was supposed to be just FFVII.

Jump to Post

12.09.2012 9:40pm

Crisium
N/A

Are far as gameplay goes, I didn't find any of FFVII's battles to be tactical.  The very first boss battle with the tail, I guess, but the first boss battles of IV and VI had the same gimmick.  And the Wall was also in IV.  So the only two possible clever boss fighters are just rehashes.

Story-wise, the Jenova fights on the boat and the city of ancients have the most emotional impact.

Jump to Post

12.09.2012 9:50pm

Scribe
The Taru

Emerald Weapon

Jump to Post

12.10.2012 6:09pm

Catastrophe
I'm Catbug!

I wasn't big on any of the FF7 boss battles. I found them to be pretty tedious and boring.

Palmer's was always funny though, but I guess that was the point with him.

Jump to Post

12.10.2012 11:11pm

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Most memorable for me was Sephiroth final boss. Seeing him cast Supernova just to damage me less than his normal attack was awesome, music was awesome, and it was the most difficult for me on the first go around when I didn't fight any weapons.

Jump to Post

12.11.2012 2:48am

Soul Hunter
Ambitious but rubbish
Administrator

Jenova Synthesis.  The fight was relatively easy, but it stood out for me mainly because of the music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-om0g-hTcY

Jump to Post

12.11.2012 5:10am

scnix
scnix.com

Scribe said:

Emerald Weapon

Yup, best boss ever. Scared the shit out of me when I first saw it, died a million times and had the utmost satisfaction upon defeating it.

Jump to Post

12.11.2012 10:13pm
Thread Creator

Jed Kemsley
Registered Member

scnix said:

Yup, best boss ever. Scared the shit out of me when I first saw it, died a million times and had the utmost satisfaction upon defeating it.

Did you ever leave the crashed Gelnika and have Emerald just hovering *exactly* next to you? That happened to me a few times. Scary. :D

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter