Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Final Fantasy VII - Disc 2 Yey or Nay

< Prev 1 2 Next >

How did you find Disc 2?

Show Poll Results

08.19.2012 1:56pm

Som
Genitals are Funny

i was going to contribute to this discussion, but when i thought about it i could not for the life of me remember where disc 1 ended and disc 2 started. Been too long and the version of it im playing now doesn't have discs lol (PSN version)

Jump to Post

08.19.2012 7:28pm

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

SuperSquall said:

Let's be fair here, most RPGs have... let's say  "stretched" reasons for getting us to travel across the *entire* world.  The real metric of quality is whether or not the places are worth visiting, and FFVII nails that the first time around.  The Disc 2 re-visits for the most part aren't as good but they also tend to be pretty quick experiences... It doesn't overstay it's visit in any one place (I'm looking at you FF8!).

Not just most. I challenge everyone to find me an RPG that doesn't have stretched out reasons to do all sorts of stuff. Seems a bit picky to complain about it when the entire genre is extreemly guilty of it. I mean, Mass Effect has you traveling across the galaxy, spending god knows much money on fuel, risking your life, just to help someone confirm that their sister is alive or something. It's the modern day equivalent of telling a pilot you want to see if your friend in NIcaragua is OK and to go check it out for you, and I"ll reward you with a piece of body armor when you get back. This stuff is a part of playing video games, period.

I'm with you SS that what matters most is if those places are worth visiting, not so much the reasons.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter