Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Final Fantasy VII : Remake Playable Demo

09.17.2019 7:15pm
Thread Creator (Edited on 09.17.2019 at 9:21pm)

Scribe
The Taru

Since there has been a playable demo for the public at the Tokyo Gameshow, I think it is safe to assume we'll be getting a localized version of it soon. As far as demos go, this one is looking to be by far the most hyped I've been.
E3 Demo:

TGS LIVE STREAM New Gameplay:

While we wait paitently for the relase of this game, which everyone here is going to play, why don't we talk about the previous demos and whether the game lived up to the hype or not?

I'm going to rank the demo's I've played in order of how much they hyped me up

MOST HYPE!
^
|
Agni's Philosophy (Tech Demo)
Final Fantasy VII PS3 Tech Demo
Final Fantasy XII Playable Demo
Final Fantasy XII E3 Demo - I was one of the first people to test this game in the world!
Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae
Final Fantasy VIII Demo(s)
Final Fantasy XIII-3 Lightning Returns Demo
Final Fantsy XV Platinum Demo
|
v
least hype. meh

Here's a list of demos including those I didn't play.

If you're like me, you've bought a few games to get the packaged demo. I still haven't played my copy of Type-0 or the PS2's Dragon Quest VIII that I never returned to Blockbuster. Out of all of the playable demos, the FFXII demo from DQ8 had me the most excited. And the game didn't disappoint in the way I could of anticipated (the story). That game delivered and then some on the gameplay!

On the flip side, the Platinum Demo for FFXV was a very discouraging experience.

How about you guys? Did you ever get suckered into buying something for the demo? Did any of these demos hype you up or disappoint you?

Jump to Post

09.17.2019 9:31pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

I was just excited to hear that there's a turn based combat mode.

Jump to Post

09.17.2019 10:14pm
Thread Creator

Scribe
The Taru

Id82 said:

I was just excited to hear that there's a turn based combat mode.

Yes! If it is quality enough I might play through this game once per mode. Really depends on whether or not it looks/feels like they slapped it on a game that wasn't designed with it in mind from the start.

Am I trippin or did I see
Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
the Aps boss jump in the water to put himself out when he was on fire?

Jump to Post

09.25.2019 6:59am
Thread Creator

Scribe
The Taru

People are saying that Mark Hamill is playing Don Corneo but I think it sounds like Harvey Fierstein. Both have done work with SE before.

Jump to Post

01.07.2020 12:39pm

The Hulk
Good Boy

Well the demo's still not out publicly but a version has been uploaded to the playstation network and naturally people have ripped it, busted it wide open and exposed all sorts of leakage including music, mini-games (jesus the dancing looks risible as all fuck) characters we haven't otherwise seen yet and endgame plot spoilers.  What a balls-up.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter