Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Final Fantasy XV Trailer

< Prev 1 2 3 ... 8 Next >

06.11.2013 3:41am
Thread Creator

Scribe
The Taru

It will be featured on the Playstation 5

https://kotaku.com/holy-s-t-its-final-fantasy-versus-xiii-only-now-it-512471688

Jump to Post

06.11.2013 3:51am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

You mean 4......lol

trailer actually looks pretty good other than the "cloud cameo" but ff13 trailer fooled me too

Jump to Post

06.11.2013 3:58am

SuperSquall
Shortening His Posts

^
I will take the Cloud cameo.  They can rip off every good game they have ever made so long as they don't fuck up the game, story, and characters.

Jump to Post

06.11.2013 4:06am

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

Not a fan at all.

Jump to Post

06.11.2013 4:20am

Darth Howie
Darthpool
Administrator

It looks cool, but I'm concerned that the battle system will be too much action and not enough strategy. Plus they announced it for the PS3 first and skipped the entire gen. BOOOO!!!!

Woe unto he who tries to be helpful, for upon him shall be lain the burdens of all.

- Squall 15:11

Jump to Post

06.11.2013 4:21am

SuperSquall
Shortening His Posts

amaron said:

Not a fan at all.
What could you possibly have disliked?

Jump to Post

06.11.2013 4:24am

Free Spirit
Zetta Member

So they really went and did it, eh? Somehow I didn't think they would ever do the obvious thing everyone expected they should do, since, you know, when was the last time they did anything the fans thought was a common sense good idea?

Part of me is saying nothing good can come from taking a game that was never meant to be a mainline FF and making it that. The other part of me knows that's exactly what they did with FFIX. Another part says this will retain the Versus stigma and never see completion, and thus my prediction that there would never be a FFXV will be true!

Jump to Post

06.11.2013 4:30am

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

SuperSquall said:

What could you possibly have disliked?

Everything? It's nowhere near what I look for in a Final Fantasy game.

Jump to Post

06.11.2013 4:41am

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

It does look spectacular, and the characters seem to be more mature than recent offerings in the series. But I'm not going to kid myself: This IS 21st century Square Enix. They'll fuck this up somehow.

Jump to Post

06.11.2013 4:45am
Thread Creator

Scribe
The Taru

Spidey said:

You mean 4......lol

It will be PS6 if we're lucky.

Jump to Post

06.11.2013 5:00am

SuperSquall
Shortening His Posts

amaron said:

Everything? It's nowhere near what I look for in a Final Fantasy game.
Sure, but I was interested in specifically what you felt it was lacking since my reaction was completely different.  I saw characters, I saw a story that was somewhat compelling (reminded me of the FFIV story but in a more modern setting and it seems that the main character is from the kingdom that is being bullied, not vice versa), I saw characters interacting together like friends.  It was all good.  The father-son scene with the soup was interesting in that we learned something about the father (he'd rather eat bad soup then make the cook suffer).  I bring this up because at no point in FFXIII did we ever learn something through subtext-
SNOW :"I'm a hero."
-shut the fuck up, Snow.

I even went back and watched the FFXIII trailer again and did not observe any of these things on any level.  In the FFXII trailer I saw the grand plot being detailed but the human element was weak.  In my opinion there is great cause for optimism. If the gameplay takes after Kingdom Hearts that is fine by me - it is 10 times better than the utter crap we were served in FFXIII and the disengaging battle system of FFXII.

Jump to Post

06.11.2013 5:04am

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

I called it! But then, it was probably one of the worst-kept-secrets in gaming anyway.

Regardless though, tacking the 'XV' numeral onto it hasn't changed the fact this is still connected to FFXIII - right down to retaining the goddess Etro as the game's logo, and even the battle system style (namely, the GUI) is still so clearly based on FFXIII it's not funny.

I really hope Nomura is wise enough to shear off these useless Fabula Nova Crystallis connections to make it truely standalone. But then, this is Nomura we're talking about.

Jump to Post

06.11.2013 5:11am
Thread Creator

Scribe
The Taru

I want to know where my non-human playable character is at? It's been tooooooo loooooong

And wasn't FF13Versus supposed to be Playstation exclusive? Did they say that now that it is FF15 it is still exclusive? If so, MS just got beat up again.

Jump to Post

06.11.2013 5:15am

SuperSquall
Shortening His Posts

^ I stopped playing FFXIII about 35 hours in, but at this point I don't see how the two are related any more than any other two separate main Final Fantasy games.  Leviathan didn't turn into a motor bike.

Jump to Post

06.11.2013 5:33am

Ashilyn
Career GM

Real talk, for all the jokes and all the shit we gave Versus, that FFXV trailer was, in fact, awesome. I've always been interested in the game,but if Square can actually get it out in a timely fashion after this, I'll be all over it. It looks like they stuck to the idea of teh gameplay being a more mature Kingdom Hearts-inspired system, and the hints at characterisation and story were surprisingly intriguing. Let's hope the prennial promise of info soon isn't Square blowing mroe smoke.

SuperSquall said:

^ I stopped playing FFXIII about 35 hours in, but at this point I don't see how the two are related any more than any other two separate main Final Fantasy games.  Leviathan didn't turn into a motor bike.

The same way Type-0 was originally - similar mythology and terminology. "Gabula Novus Vrystalis" or whatever was never meant to be directly related games, but games linked by similar themes and mythology. THat term still popped up at the beginning of the trailer, so expect to hear terms like l'cie, fal'cie, focus, ect popping up in the game like they did in Type-0.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 ... 8 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter