Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Bundle Confirmed

< Prev 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 16 Next >

03.23.2014 8:41am

Fuuko Sakurada
Momoia =D

I'm pissed that they ruined the facial expressions though =/ they were fine on the PS2, why fuck up and change em?

BoA*

Best of Asia * since 2000

Jump to Post

03.23.2014 10:47am

Shadow
Comes and goes like the wind...

I'm about 4 hours in now, really enjoying it. I think more than anything the art style/direction just never ceases to amaze me every time I walk into a new area.

Jump to Post

03.23.2014 11:12am

Zubis
Registered Member

Truthfully I wasn't going to get this, but some friends posted off-tv pictures on Twitter and even though the quality was shit you could tell what a substantial graphics difference the HD remake is.

Also, I never played this game in 60hz (FFX being the worst PAL conversion EVER), so it's going to be interesting this tme round.

Jump to Post

03.23.2014 9:16pm
 (Edited on 03.24.2014 at 7:25am)

Old Juan
filled with hate

Thirdtwin said:

...oh

oh god

tell me they made the ultimate weapon quests less vile

I mean they didn't fix the cutscenes so I doubt it, but please?

Sorry, the quests are just as vile as they were the first time around. This time they are simply vile with better graphics.

ETA: Ah yes, the laugh out loud scene is just a horrible as I remembered.

Jump to Post

03.25.2014 3:13am

Crusader
Not Even My Dad Hit Me

I just learned that Maechen is voiced by Dwight Schultz, AKA Murdoch from The A-Team.

My mind has completely kersploded.

EDIT: He was also apparently Dalan in FFXII as well. Go, Crazy Murdoch!

Jump to Post

03.25.2014 5:07am

Ramses
Registered Member

Just found out I can't get Anima, and by extension the Magnus Sisters because I didn't take a second damn sphere when leaving the Bevelle Cloyster thus missing a chest in the one trial you can't redue.  Wouldn't be a big deal except that's a ton of work to redo for 2 trophies, because they made the most unbearable and fustrating trial easily screwed up ad unreplayable. 

2011 FFO Fantasy Football Champion

Jump to Post

03.25.2014 8:33am

Areas
Formerly Kenshin

I took a break for Infamous SS but now that I should have platinum on Infamous tomorrow, I'll be picking this back up again.  I was at the blitzball tournament.  I am not looking forward to dodging 200 lightnings. :|

Jump to Post

03.25.2014 12:19pm

Crusader
Not Even My Dad Hit Me

Ramses said:

Just found out I can't get Anima, and by extension the Magnus Sisters because I didn't take a second damn sphere when leaving the Bevelle Cloyster thus missing a chest in the one trial you can't redue.  Wouldn't be a big deal except that's a ton of work to redo for 2 trophies, because they made the most unbearable and fustrating trial easily screwed up ad unreplayable. 

Pretty sure you HAVE to open the special chest in Bevelle Temple to get out of there.  The chest you missed won't affect your ability to get Anima.

Jump to Post

03.25.2014 1:42pm
 (Edited on 03.25.2014 at 2:35pm)

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Yeah, I ALWAYS miss that second chest, and I've always been able to get the bonus Aeons.  Unless they changed it for the int./HD version, it should be doable.

And yes, the Bevelle Temple is awful.

Oh, side-note:
I usually play my PS3 on my full-sized TV like a normal person.  But:  I live with my parents, and my kids and I share a room four nights a week, so if I want to play the PS3 on those nights I have to hook it up to my computer's main monitor (which is decent sized and HDMI compatible, natch) and sit at my desk and play, making the visible game much smaller but also much closer to my face.  And I have to say:  all the menus, all the text, everything--it's just so crisp and pretty.  But it also really accentuates what's wrong with the HD remaster, particularly the dissonance between the party members and NPCs--Christ, Maester Kinnoc looks like he belongs in an even older game.

Jump to Post

03.26.2014 2:14am

Zubis
Registered Member

So I just got to the scene in Kilika Woods where Yuna performs her first sending, and I had forgotten how genuinely beautiful the game is.

The HD upgrade really makes the sunset look great.

Jump to Post

03.26.2014 3:11am

Ramses
Registered Member

Crusader said:

Pretty sure you HAVE to open the special chest in Bevelle Temple to get out of there. The chest you missed won't affect your ability to get Anima.

In the cave it says you have to open every chest in the trials.  Issauru's brother's tell you Bevelle trial is closed off, and all you can axcess is the 2 save sphere's on Highbridge.  They don't allow axcess from the Calm Lands either. Bummer!

Also wish you could turn off the dark aeons.

Jump to Post

03.26.2014 4:06am

Nelfichu
I've been there, hombre.

Question, because I can't remember since the last time I played FFX: were Tidus' flashbacks/memories always so static-y and yellow? Like, it's ridiculously grainy. They could've conveyed the whole memory thing with 50% less static.

Jump to Post

03.26.2014 6:39am

Shadow
Comes and goes like the wind...

Not to go too far off topic, but man this remake really really makes me want a Final Fantasy XII HD remake.

Jump to Post

03.26.2014 11:58am

Crusader
Not Even My Dad Hit Me

Me too, especially on account of the fact that we just should've had the IZJS version right from the start.

Jump to Post

03.26.2014 2:07pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Ditto.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 16 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter