Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Bundle Confirmed

< Prev 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next >

03.26.2014 5:59pm

Sam Biscuits
Custard Creams

I've got the game, going to start it next week I think.  Best warn my wife to strap herself in, been a very long time since I played FF X and ot could take me a good while.

Jump to Post

03.27.2014 4:19pm

The Hulk
Good Boy

So what do we think of the bonus audio now there is an english version?

Jump to Post

03.27.2014 4:40pm

Zubis
Registered Member

Listened to about 2 minutes and stopped. The general consensus is to ignore it. And given the fan backlash, SE have already said that they're not doing anything with it.

Jump to Post

03.27.2014 8:56pm

Old Juan
filled with hate

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/24/final-fantasy-x-world-melancholy-final-fantasy-x-2/

Zubis said:

Listened to about 2 minutes and stopped. The general consensus is to ignore it. And given the fan backlash, SE have already said that they're not doing anything with it.

This^^

Then again.....

Jump to Post

03.28.2014 12:13am

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Old Juan said:

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/24/final-fantasy-x-world-melancholy-final-fantasy-x-2/

Oh fuck right off.  (Not you, OJ)

Just beat Yunalesca for the first time in... I dunno, probably a decade.  My PS2 copy had a glitch or scratch where I couldn't enter the final puzzle room with the tetris tiles, so I hadn't played beyond that section in a long time.  It was.... strange, how emotionally effective the whole big reveal was.

Crying Cid has a more expressionful face than Tidus and Yuna combined.
(The rest of the party... except maybe Lulu, which could be a character thing, don't have the same weird expressionless models in my opinion.  Wakka in particular is really expressive.)

Jump to Post

03.28.2014 2:11am

Ramses
Registered Member

Just finished. Can'tbelieve it only took 10 days.  When I bought it I wondered if I'd get a few trophies then the PS3 would go back to collecting dust.  I guess I miss my Final Fantasy games, and I'm sad they haven't made a real one since FFX.

Haven't decide when I'm going to jump into FFX-2.  I enjoyed it, and it stills bugs me I never got 100% on the PS2, but these take a commitment that's hard for me anymore with the hours I work and my kids.

2011 FFO Fantasy Football Champion

Jump to Post

03.28.2014 2:38am

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

^You do realize that FF13 is the spiritual sequel to 10, right? It has a lot of the same gameplay elements, and it's from the same development team iirc. Overall, the series is worth getting into. Especially now since the first two are ridiculously cheap and the series is done.

Jump to Post

03.28.2014 4:18am

Crusader
Not Even My Dad Hit Me

To 100% X-2, you'd either have to play it twice or sit there with an FAQ nearby at all times.  All over one cutscene which isn't even all that.  Oh right, the PS3 has Last Mission, so I guess there's that too, if you're into roguelikes anyway.

The mission structure makes it easy to play it in bite-sized chunks, so the game's not nearly the kinda timesink that, say, FFX is.

Jump to Post

03.28.2014 2:06pm

Ramses
Registered Member

Coolsetzer said:

^You do realize that FF13 is the spiritual sequel to 10, right? It has a lot of the same gameplay elements, and it's from the same development team iirc. Overall, the series is worth getting into. Especially now since the first two are ridiculously cheap and the series is done.

I like RPG's not MMORPG wannabes.

Jump to Post

03.28.2014 2:27pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Ramses said:

I like RPG's not MMORPG wannabes.

That...

Is the single weirdest shot I've ever seen anyone take at FF13.  Are you sure you're not thinking of FF12?

Jump to Post

03.28.2014 6:46pm

Shadow
Comes and goes like the wind...

FFXII definitely felt like it had more in common with FFXI than it did with X. But I actually agree that XIII feels in some ways similar to X. I remember before I had a chance to play XIII and I heard all the complaints that it was too linear I just kind of said, hey that's what Final Fantasy is and cited X as a great game that was very linear.

But XIII definitely felt like it took it to an all new (negative) level taking away some of the light town exploration, and really any kind of gameplay in the first 25 hours that isn't walking forward and fighting a monster.

All that being said, I eventually grew a bit of a weird soft spot for XIII, and still enjoyed some of the presentation values, music, and combat design. The story, cutscenes, overall game structure and world terminology were IMO where it was lacking -- just far too confusing to understand what was going on, odd acting, and not nearly enough ability to roam about and explore for the first portion.

Jump to Post

03.28.2014 7:57pm

Crusader
Not Even My Dad Hit Me

FFXIII was a characiture of FFX.  The ultimate example of taking the surface aspects and missing the point.

The battle system, the music and Sazh totally deserve to be absolved of the game, though.

Jump to Post

03.28.2014 8:26pm
 (Edited on 03.28.2014 at 8:39pm)

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Sazh really was too cool for that game. 

Black Magic Spheres:  making Yuna a significantly more potent Black Mage than Lulu could ever hope to be.

Jump to Post

03.29.2014 12:53am

Crusader
Not Even My Dad Hit Me

Poor Lulu.  Black Magic totally jobs to Holy by the end of the game and her last refuge was my turning into a second Holy battery to get me through the Omega Ruins and the Monster Arena.

Jump to Post

03.29.2014 6:37am

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

As has been brought forth in the past, FF 12 was specifically developed as a single player MMO. Because at the time, they were having a lot of success with FF 11. They wanted to bring that kind of experience to consoles, because the PS2 version of 11 sucked due to the console having to have a hardware add on to access the internet.

Regardless, the whole series and series within series and spin off series(hello Crystal Chronicles!) has become highly derivative, anyway. FF X did quite a few things right, but also did quite a few things wrong. Still, it's an enjoyable game. Would I play through the whole thing again in this day and age? Probably not.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter