Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Bundle Confirmed

< Prev 1 ... 13 14 15 16 Next >

04.24.2014 8:59pm

Sam Biscuits
Custard Creams

Anyone notice bugs/glitches when Dona is talking? Strange that so far I've only encountered it with her, 3 times now I think. Still not that far in to the game yet.

Jump to Post

04.25.2014 12:46am

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

I don't remember anything like that, no.

Jump to Post

04.25.2014 2:17am

Nelfichu
I've been there, hombre.

I've never bothered with the lightning dodging until this playthrough. If anyone else out there is planning on doing it, here's a wonderful video I found that makes it easy. I got it on my second try using this:

Too bad chocobo racing is still a pain, but I managed to get that done while listening to an 80s playlist to calm my temper. I've now got every sigil/crest/celestial weapon except for the Jupiter Sigil (blitzball, ugh).

Jump to Post

04.25.2014 6:43am

The Hulk
Good Boy

I never had a problem with chocobo racing iirc, I remember always being surprised by the rage it inspired in people.  That Lightning Dodging on the other hand...think I got to about five and was like "fuck this right in the ear".  Never bothered with it on any subsequent playthrough.

Jump to Post

04.26.2014 4:19pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

See I never really had a problem with the lightning dodging. And I could get through the chocobo racing. I never bothered with blitzball or the butterfly thing. Guess if I ever get this version though I'll have to do it all!

Jump to Post

04.26.2014 5:17pm

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Chocobo racing is the worst. Fucking birds coming out of nowhere. Apparently the HD version didn't come with better pre-rendering of said birds.

Lightning dodging is hell, too, but is more just pure tedium than frustration. At least there's a set pattern, visual cues, muscle memory, etc. there.

Blitzball is simply Jecht Shot 1+2 + Brother + Wedge + Tackle Slip = Win everything. Snooze.

Butterfly catching literally uses the depth limitations of the game's paths to fucks with you.

Yeah, FFX's minigames are plain shit.

Jump to Post

04.27.2014 12:33am

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

Sam Biscuits said:

Anyone notice bugs/glitches when Dona is talking? Strange that so far I've only encountered it with her, 3 times now I think. Still not that far in to the game yet.

I've noticed voices looping a few times.

Jump to Post

04.27.2014 5:23am

Lexx
I know how they work

My brother said that for X-2, sometimes Yuna's opening battle quote is in japanese.  I certainly don't remember that from the original X-2.

As for the minigames...

Lightning Dodging was tedious, but I did it easily enough.  (especially after doing that hippaul jump rope in IX)
Blitzball I actually liked doing.
Butterfly catching was annoying as hell because I kept thinking I had space to avoid them when I didn't.
Chocobo racing was abysmal.  I still say the entire thing is a crapshoot.  It's just whether you're lucky enough to not get five frakking birds in the face in a row or not.

Jump to Post

04.27.2014 5:51am

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

I picked up the PS3 LE used for $35 from GS, simply because it was the LE. Only played 5 minutes so far. The graphics are okay, but not amazing. It sounds like they got new voice actors for this release. Is that right? I'm really only playing to try the new Sphere Grid. Too bad you can't skip cut scenes. After Lightning Returns, I really miss that. I'll see if the battles can hold my interest long enough to zoom through the game.

Jump to Post

04.27.2014 7:18am

The Hulk
Good Boy

No, they didn't redo the VA, it's the same from PS2.

Jump to Post

04.29.2014 7:27pm

Fuuko Sakurada
Momoia =D

It's the same voice acting, except for the Final Fantasy X - Will - portion

Started playing FFX-2 yesterday and for some sort of obscure reason, the facial expressions in that game are fine ... I wonder why FFX's are messed up?

BoA*

Best of Asia * since 2000

Jump to Post

04.29.2014 8:35pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

In x-2, they vary pretty widely from "Super HD Cutscene Expression Face" (which are fantastic) to "Super Immobile Battle Face Pasted On Each Costume", which show up a lot in the less important cutscenes (and are... not.. fantastic).

Jump to Post

04.30.2014 9:34pm

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Old Juan said:

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/24/final-fantasy-x-world-melancholy-final-fantasy-x-2/

This^^

Then again.....

For those that want to save some time reading the full article:

Final Fantasy X started off with a sad world, but Spira was in a better place after Tidus and Yunaâ??s journey. Then Final Fantasy X-2 came along and the pop motif made everything feel happy. However, a melancholy tide came in with the Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster radio drama and the novel Final Fantasy X-2.5 from story writer Kazushige Nojima.When Siliconera spoke with Final Fantasy X producer Yoshinori Kitase we asked him why Spira is such a sad place again. "We met with the original script writer, Kazushige Nojima, for Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster and we were brainstorming about the world after X-2. We wanted to have the story continue as a direct opposite of Tidus and Yunaâ??s happy story in Final Fantasy X," Kitase replied. "Sin is a character we created as a symbol of natural disasters like a typhoon. He brings disaster and sadness to the world. And, Spira resides right next to death."But, why bring back Sin at all? I talked to Kitase about how the entire journey of Final Fantasy X was breaking the cycle of Sin and bringing Sin back as a character kind of erases all of the work Tidus, Yuna, and the player achieved.

"$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$" said Kitase.

Jump to Post

05.01.2014 11:44pm

Thirdtwin
It's you guys' fault

Spidey said:

For those that want to save some time reading the full article:

Final Fantasy X started off with a sad world, but Spira was in a better place after Tidus and Yunaâ??s journey. Then Final Fantasy X-2 came along and the pop motif made everything feel happy. However, a melancholy tide came in with the Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster radio drama and the novel Final Fantasy X-2.5 from story writer Kazushige Nojima.When Siliconera spoke with Final Fantasy X producer Yoshinori Kitase we asked him why Spira is such a sad place again. "We met with the original script writer, Kazushige Nojima, for Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster and we were brainstorming about the world after X-2. We wanted to have the story continue as a direct opposite of Tidus and Yunaâ??s happy story in Final Fantasy X," Kitase replied. "Sin is a character we created as a symbol of natural disasters like a typhoon. He brings disaster and sadness to the world. And, Spira resides right next to death."But, why bring back Sin at all? I talked to Kitase about how the entire journey of Final Fantasy X was breaking the cycle of Sin and bringing Sin back as a character kind of erases all of the work Tidus, Yuna, and the player achieved.

"$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$" said Kitase.

Wouldn't it be yen signs?  (ALL YO YENS YIP YIP YAP)

TT

Jump to Post

05.23.2014 3:05pm

Lexx
I know how they work

Anyone liking Last Mission?  My brother's slowly making his way through it, but he said it's very boring.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 13 14 15 16 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter