Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Bundle Confirmed

< Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16 Next >

07.08.2013 8:27pm

Amer
pew pew pew

I can't remember if it was the FFX or X-2 official guide had interviews with the developers and one of them even talked about the connection between X/X-2 and VII. Can't remember who it was or which guide but I remember freakin out at the time.

Jump to Post

07.09.2013 2:45am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Personally I'm the type of person who only considers stuff Canon if the game creators say it before the game is complete. Of course you can make all sorts of BS after you finished the game. Revisionist history.

Jump to Post

07.09.2013 9:11am

Arckanghel
Pirate.

Ya, making the connection later just because of similar plot elements is crap. But at least it isn't as bad as an actual connection made in game retconned and milked. That's robably the plan for the new extended ending.

Jump to Post

07.09.2013 10:31pm

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

Just preordered the limited art book edition from EBGames. $39.99 CAD + tax and free standard shipping. Not bad! Now I hope I have the funds when the release comes around...

Jump to Post

07.09.2013 11:34pm

Zubis
Registered Member

New SD vs HD video comparison of X: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20dK5j8Kjbc

Gotta admit, it looks nice.

Jump to Post

07.11.2013 9:58am

Arckanghel
Pirate.

It's an appreciable difference, just enough to be worth it. I'm bothered by the change in the title text though. It' rather than an upgrade, a change. It seems a silly thing to be bothered by, but I liked the sort of faint and thin lettering.

Jump to Post

07.11.2013 2:05pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

But... but I don't want to pay $40 for X and and X-2!  I want to pay $20 for X!  ARGH.

Jump to Post

07.11.2013 2:49pm

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

So wait 9 months and it'll be 20.

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

07.11.2013 3:28pm
Thread Creator

Ashilyn
Career GM

Just X probably wouldn't have been $20 anyway. It's Square Enix, they'd have found a way to charge at least $30.

Jump to Post

07.11.2013 3:59pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

True story.

Jump to Post

07.11.2013 6:20pm

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

$40 is a deal for me. FFX-2 may have had its stupid moments, but it was a fun game. Replaying both for the first time in many years in HD will be totally worth it. Especially for 2 games for less than the price of 1 when they were originally released. Not that I paid full price for X-2. Because, you know... J-pop.

Jump to Post

07.11.2013 7:18pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

I kind of feel the same way...except that I still HAVE both the original games and a working PS2.  But these days I have so many games in my backlog that to replay something will really only happen with trophies.  I guess years later I'll be able to get it cheap enough that I'll go for it.  I acutally have more than enough Sony Rewards points that I could get it free, but in the back of my mind I'm still thinking maybe I should save them up for a Vita...

Jump to Post

07.11.2013 7:59pm

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

I have the originals and a working PS2 as well, but I never got to play the International versions.  And also HD.

Jump to Post

07.11.2013 10:38pm

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

I'm not the type of person who does well discerning the difference between SD and HD in cases like this, but the fact alone that it is the version(s) I never got to play is the single solitary reason I'm getting it.

Jump to Post

07.11.2013 10:44pm
Thread Creator

Ashilyn
Career GM

The international version of FFX is pretty boss. As far as I can remember, teh two biggest additions were the optional "expert" sphere grid, the Dark Aeon fights, and the Penance superboss fight, all of which were really cool. I've never had the opprotunity to play FFX-2 Last Mission, and there's' a rumour Last Mission might be held as DLC, since they have to record all new voice acting (at least in English) for it, among other things. We'll see, though. At the very least I'm still keen to see what the two extra dresspheres are like in action.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter