Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Bundle Confirmed

< Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16 Next >

07.12.2013 2:17am

Fuuko Sakurada
Momoia =D

I own the PS2 versions of both games and I'm going to be selling them at our annual summer convention garage sale xD this will pretty much pay for a lot of the costs of buying the HD remakes ( which will be better for the added stuff and revamped graphics ) ...

I just want a release date already so I can plan my purchase and be excited D=

BoA*

Best of Asia * since 2000

Jump to Post

07.23.2013 10:31pm

Zubis
Registered Member

So these two pics have been doing the rounds in the last week or so.

The first pic is Yuna from FFX, the second FFX HD. Is it just me or has some emotion been lost in the upgrade?

Jump to Post

07.23.2013 10:51pm

Magnus
Registered Member

It's not just you. I get the feeling we're viewing something not quite finalized yet.

Jump to Post

07.23.2013 11:03pm

Fuuko Sakurada
Momoia =D

It's because somehow, her eyebrows are not moving in the bottom gif and her mouth isn't moving quite the same either ( aside from opening and closing ) ... I DID hear a couple of weeks ago that the HD remake isn't even done even though they claim that it's coming out before the end of this year

Jump to Post

07.23.2013 11:19pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

I was in agreemenet in regards to the gifs until the end; her face seems to get a little more reactive then. 

Jump to Post

07.24.2013 12:15am

Scribe
The Taru

I like that everyone in the background is not a blur.

Jump to Post

07.25.2013 4:28am

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

Zubis said:

The first pic is Yuna from FFX, the second FFX HD. Is it just me or has some emotion been lost in the upgrade?

Weird.  Yeah I hope that's not final.  There's definitely a lack of expression in her eyes.

Jump to Post

08.11.2013 10:52pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

It's strange that we don't have a release date yet. Should we start routing the games' existence again?

Also, will FFX HD have the dark Aeons and mega bosses that were left out of the NA version?

Jump to Post

08.12.2013 2:32am

Amer
pew pew pew

the guy at gamestop told me 'holiday' when i reserved it last week.

Jump to Post

08.12.2013 4:04am

Areas
Formerly Kenshin

Atma Weapon said:

It's strange that we don't have a release date yet. Should we start routing the games' existence again?

Also, will FFX HD have the dark Aeons and mega bosses that were left out of the NA version?

Both games will be the International versions (so yes).

Jump to Post

08.12.2013 6:20am

Dr Squirrel
medicine woman

Zubis said:

this looks fucking terrible and i will bet anything that it's final product

trust me, i'm a doctor

Jump to Post

08.12.2013 1:49pm

Amer
pew pew pew

I think it's just her pupils aren't exactly in the same place. In the original they look like they are looking up, where as in HD they look like they are looking straight ahead. 

Jump to Post

08.12.2013 1:57pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

I've found that speech before the Yunalesca fight pretty cringeworthy, ever since the second play-through.

Jump to Post

08.12.2013 2:40pm

Catastrophe
I'm Catbug!

She's got dead-eye in the HD pic. Also, her mouth is flapping like a puppet's.

Jump to Post

08.12.2013 6:02pm

Seelas
I want to go back.

It's actually pretty surprising how much worse the HD version looks in that scene and in how many different ways.

The lighting is completely flat. In the SD version there's a clear light source and it's directly hitting the most important element in the scene (Yuna's face), and the irrelevant details of the background like the sky fade off into blackness. HD version just looks like a giant low-brightness blue point light is flooding the scene. It's so low-contrast.

Everything is equally in focus in the HD version - Yuna and the background party members. SD version has the most important part (Yuna's face) in focus and everything in the background fading out. I don't need to see all the details of Kimahri's thong for this scene.

And yeah, the face animation. This all looks unfinished to me, but plenty of games have shipped with worse-looking stuff.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter