Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

First look at FF Record Keeper

< Prev 1 2 3 4 ... 6 Next >

04.04.2015 8:17am

Thirdtwin
It's you guys' fault

I find it weird that scarletite is yellow.

TT

Jump to Post

04.06.2015 10:09pm

Thirdtwin
It's you guys' fault

Is it just me or is it hard to get lesser orbs from today's daily? I got a lot of minor ones but only a single lesser wind orb, which is much less than I'd like.

Jump to Post

04.09.2015 7:13pm
Thread Creator

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

Every other forum says that it's all RNG. Sometimes you just get lucky. The last time I got burned by bad random number generator was Smash Bros. 4, and I quit that game for that precise reason. I couldn't get everyone's specials, so I just gave up. So now, when a game does that to me, I just don't even care anymore.

I'm currently on the Shinra Tower, and ticked off. Everything was gravy until the third to last dungeon. Thanks for throwing a boss at me that needs long range to beat! Yeah, I'm talking about that a-hole from the elevator in FF VII. The only one that could hit him was Rydia, since my only other spellcaster was Tyro, and he was busy healing. I couldn't even hit his ass with limits. So now the stamina bar is empty, and I wasted my morning going through a dungeon that I now have to go through again. Why the hell you can't switch out characters and equipment in a dungeon I'll never know.

So now back to Wakka, whom I loathe. I put Kain back in, so hopefully his jump will be useful. I need to finish this event before the 11th, so I don't miss out on Sephiroth. I hope that the Mount Ordeals event from FF IV is easier than this. Blah, time to put the game down for a little bit...

Jump to Post

04.10.2015 8:23am

Thirdtwin
It's you guys' fault

The ff4 event was originally the first one in Japan, with the FF7 event following. So yes, it is easier. And for what it's worth events do come back around again (alhough I don't know what timeline the American release is going to follow on what comes out when), so you'll get another chance to get those characters. But yes, it does make a bit of a difference for a boss from a game where everyone can have magic is transplanted to one where not even the main from that game gets magic. I wnded up going with Rydia, WM, Ranger, Kain and Cloud. (If you can make Jump, it counts as a long tange attack too.) Cloud mostly just cleared the trash mobs and then stood around feeling dumb while everyone else went to work.

Jump to Post

04.16.2015 3:51pm

Crux
A mental Dentist's office

Well that's good news, I could only get as far as H0512. So being able to take another shot at Sephiroth later with Aerith will help immensely.

And now that you said it, I checked the articles on FFRK and there are loads of spells and abilities that aren't in the American version. I thought Tifa's monk class would be too weak with only 1 ability to it. Once more, getting the materials for an ability is more time consuming than anything.

Jump to Post

04.19.2015 10:41pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Synergy. If you haven't been paying attention to it so far, you're missing out on something that can make fights a lot easier. If an event or dungeon is FFVII, any equipped FFVII gear gains five levels. I don't know if characters do as well, but they're also a lot tougher, hit harder, and will gain slightly more XP. You'll notice affected gear is highlighted in blue when you enter a dungeon or event.

I like the current event, despite the crap interface of redeeming for prizes. Finally a chance to get the higher end summoning crystals. And Aerith as well, I suppose...

The FFIV event was good, though I suspect Dark Knight Cecil will be much more useful. His soul gauge is for a mass dark attack. Until now, the only way to hit anything with a dark attack, and possibly blind them, was with the dark attack ability.

Jump to Post

04.21.2015 1:41am

Thirdtwin
It's you guys' fault

Synergy is luuuuuudicrous.  Especially on gear.  I had made a FFIV Kunai +2 experimenting with the upgrade system and I swear to god it became stronger than the strongest weapon I had at the moment (which I.... forget what it was at the time but it was a relic).  Having a few FF7 armors to sit on for these events especially is probably great.  They give you three Protect Vests in the current quest and another place drops more... unfortunately mages can't wear those.  I went to the point of grinding out some Mythril Armlets off Cagnazzo.  Anyway Aerith is basically White Mage with better stats (it's kind of sad how the generics are so gimp :<) so I have her and Rydia on my team.  With the Light Rod and Light Staff they do ridiculous damage and healing respectively.  They're kind of mushy though.  I'm considering running Tyro as a healer in heavy armor so he doesn't die when a 1st Ray looks at him funny.

Also Dark Attack is not actually darkness elemental I don't think.  Black Mage's Soul Break is a darkness elemental attack though.  And I guess you got the Dark Sword if you have Cecil's Darkness Soul Break.  His normal one is Blood Weapon.

Jump to Post

04.21.2015 8:01am
Thread Creator

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

I've been playing steadily for a couple of weeks now. Most of the play comes from grinding out orbs for abilities. My party is approaching level 40 now, so I can complete the Hard dungeons. I missed out on Sephiroth. I got stuck on the long range boss and then I had my National Guard. I wish they had done the Cecil event first. I might have had time to level up more. I went with Tyro, the 2 Cecils, Kain and Rydia. Ra-level spells and Double Cuts for my fighters. Really looking forward to the Terra and Celes events, so I can add them to my party.

Dark Knight Cecil has one of the highest attack powers out of all the fighters. I haven't messed around with synergy too much. Just upgrading the gear I do have. I have tried for relic pulls, but I just keep getting crummy 3 star rods and staffs. After spending $15 on the damn thing, I just give up on getting anything worthwhile.

Jump to Post

04.21.2015 10:10am

Thirdtwin
It's you guys' fault

The best thing I got from a relic draw is a Genji Armor, which admittedly is pretty damn good. Cloud takes like half damage compared to basically everybody else. At this point I think I'll save up for the 11 draw one though, especially with the new dungeons (hopefully meaning new mythril) coming.

Jump to Post

04.23.2015 6:06am
Thread Creator

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

The new dungeons dropped yesterday. I just completed them. There are five for FF 1 & 2, eight for FF IV, and a whopping 15 for FF VI. I got around 20 more stamina on the classic dungeons for 62 altogether. I also got lucky and pulled the 5 star whip for Rydia. It was pretty fun!

In case anyone is wondering about the new characters..
Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
Cyan, Knight, Josef, Summoner, and Red Mage

Jump to Post

04.27.2015 5:35pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

The new dungeons were great for stamina. I'm up to 73 now and it makes a big difference for events and such. I'm slowly making my way through the elite dungeons. I like that I've reached a point where I can't just auto-battle and crush most things. Of course, now it's a debate over who to take with me.

Also: Terra event! Terra event!

Jump to Post

05.05.2015 7:09pm
Thread Creator

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

Yep, got her. ^^ The Celes event is going on now. Right now, I'm leveling up all my guys by fighting flans.

Guys, seriously, get this game. Even if you are on the fence. It's free. You don't have to pay a dime, ever. It's fun. They are adding new stuff all the time. It has old school 16 bit pixelly goodness. It's probably the best mobile game of Final Fantasy, barring the remakes. I can't recommend it enough. I'm taking a break from my console games right now because this is so good. This has been a real surprise for me, because I thought it would be more trash. But it's not. There's a lot of content in it, and more on the way. Dena really did a good job.

Jump to Post

05.06.2015 4:15pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

It's the best mobile game I've ever played. Content is rolling out at a regular pace, but not so quick that it's overwhelming. You're still at the whim of RNGesus, but it's fair. I saw the drop rates for relic drops and they're a hell of a lot higher than I expected (can't remember them off the top of my head). Abilities are being added all the time.

The Celes event is such a grind. I don't know if I want to get the orbs, even though they're rare. If you want to level quick, enter the event and hope you get Flans. They'll give you a ton of XP. Then retreat, go again. Also, it feels so damn good to have Terra and Celes in my party at the same time. Geeked out a lot.

Right now I'm doing the dailies as much as I can, especially today with Power and Black Orbs. They're crucial for some of the better abilities like the second tier strikes.

Jump to Post

05.08.2015 3:31pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Rinoa event coming tonight at 5 p.m. PST! I can have a party of Terra, Celes, Aerith, Rydia, and Rinoa? Oh hell yes. NUKE ALL THE THINGS!

Jump to Post

05.09.2015 12:18pm
Thread Creator

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

Rinoa was nice, but we all know that Quistie was the hottie. Something about those glasses and that whip... >_<

Herioc difficulty was added to the dailies, too. Those mugs hit HARD. I hope I can finish the new elite part of the Rinoa event before Celes' expires so I can level her some.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 4 ... 6 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter