Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Glitches, glitches, and glitches - Beating FFIV in 2 hours+

01.04.2014 9:05am
Thread Creator

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

I just saw this video and it was great. Basically it's a speed run of beating FFIV in 2 to 3 hours. Exploiting a glitch that, until this day, I have never heard of .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcRcbi6GmSg

That was hilarious at the end, i'll read more into this glitch.

Jump to Post

01.04.2014 1:49pm

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

Yeah, that's a fun run to watch.  In case it isn't explained in the video (probably isn't) they call it die hard% because of all the stairs you have to walk up/down to activate the glitch.  The speedrun of Diehard on NES has you doing pretty much the same thing (although it's not a glitch it's how the game works). 

If you like this you should check out Awesome Games Done Quick which starts tomorrow.  It's a charity marathon thrown by speedrunners and they play like 150 games over a week ranging from old to new, good to bad, action to RPG.  I'll be making a thread on it soon. :)

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

01.04.2014 6:37pm

SuperSquall
Shortening His Posts

Yeah that was from Summer Games Done Quick. Brosentia (and his sister Essentia) both do really awesome FF stuff.  Essentia has some pretty great stuff on FFVI glitches and I think she's the world record holder on that one.

Incidentally Awesome Games Done Quick, the main event, starts tomorrow and looks awesome:
http://gamesdonequick.com/schedule

This year ends with Chrono Trigger so I'm pumped about that.

Jump to Post

01.04.2014 9:27pm

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

Didn't know about that crazy glitch. Good vid, although the blond was a little distracting. His wife, I assume.

Jump to Post

01.04.2014 10:09pm

Thirdtwin
It's you guys' fault

I literally learned about the glitch a week before they did it on Summer Games Done Quick, on a Let's Play message board.  I don't even remember what I was looking for, or why... I THINK I was looking into how to get into Mist the first time to loot the chests without exploding the place (which I had memories of doing with my first first play of the game and then never after).  Needless to say it was awesome to see in action.  Beware the awesome power of upt Co.

TT

Jump to Post

01.04.2014 11:05pm

FenixDown
The King's orders are absolute

Yeah, that was an awesome speedrun to watch last summer. I am getting pumped for AGDQ this year, their schedule is actually meshing fairly well with my work schedule so a lot of the games I want to see the most I should be able to catch live.

Let's Play Chrono Trigger
Let's Play The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past
Let's Play Final Fantasy VI

Jump to Post

01.05.2014 4:00am

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

I'm so happy that several people are this pumped for AGDQ.  It's going to be f'ing huge this year.  CT has a THIRTY THOUSAND DOLLAR incentive to do 100% instead of any% and 100% is a far better run.  Dude, they didn't even raise but 1/3 that for the first event they held and now they are expecting that much out of ONE game.  I lvoe it.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter