Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Good god

12.11.2011 3:57am
Thread Creator

ahninjas
likes 'em pretty

I was starting to think the horrible sound quality on the PS1 version of Final Fantasy 6 was just a mixed memory. Then they went and put it up on PSN.

At least the load times aren't as horrible now that it's reading from a hard drive.

Jump to Post

12.11.2011 7:22pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

I havent loaded up my virtual console copy yet, but I am hopeful that it will sound and play well, like the SNES cartridge, which I argue is still the best way to play the game (followed by the GBA port on a DS.) Litteral accuracy be damned; I will always prefer the original translation. The later translation seems dry and relatively soulless.

Jump to Post

12.14.2011 9:22am

Lews
Lord of the Morning

after playing chrono trigger on psx and experiencing those horrendous load times, i never again want to play anything in the same vein.

the best way i've played any of the SNES RPGs, or any pre-1996 game for that matter, is on a soft modded wii.  both the sound and colors are incredibly vibrant and the picture is super-sharp.  similar note, my gf bought castlevania a few years back with her wii points and deleted it.  we just got internet hooked up, so she downloaded it again and i checked it out.  something felt off, so i loaded the same game up in my NES softmod and it was like night and day.  the version she PAID FOR looked and sounded like shit, while the emulated version was worlds better.  ugh, i just threw up in my mouth a little thinking about paying for an inferior product.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter