Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Have you ever read an entire FF out loud?

< Prev 1 2 Next >

05.08.2012 3:03am
Thread Creator

Scribe
The Taru

So I decided I cannot wait for my kids to learn how to read. I'm playing through FFVII and reading the script to them. Treating it like sort of a graphic novel I suppose. I'm concidering only playing up to the end of the first disc, then making them wait years to have vengence. That should solidify some things!

Jump to Post

05.08.2012 3:09am

grey_haven
Formerly known as 'Trekster'

You may be posed some difficult questions to answer during that whole Wall Market ordeal...

Jump to Post

05.08.2012 3:18am

Dr Squirrel
medicine woman

"This guy are sick."

"You mean that guy is sick?"

"No.  Well, yes.  But that's not what it says."

trust me, i'm a doctor

Jump to Post

05.08.2012 3:27am

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

I've read just about every RPG I've played without voice acting out loud.

Jump to Post

05.08.2012 3:37am

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

That's kind of an awesome plan.  Hopefully it'll get them hooked on RPGs.

Jump to Post

05.08.2012 4:15am

Free Spirit
Zetta Member

grey_haven said:

You may be posed some difficult questions to answer during that whole Wall Market ordeal...

If they ask difficult questions, just go "So that's how you fooled them."

And if they are confused, just look at them and nod, like it makes perfect sense.

Hey, it worked for Cloud, it can work for you.

Jump to Post

05.08.2012 5:19am
Thread Creator

Scribe
The Taru

Dr Squirrel said:

"This guy are sick."

"You mean that guy is sick?"

"No.  Well, yes.  But that's not what it says."

Reading it out loud makes it to where I can correct the typos and bad grammar. Cept Barret, I'm leaving him as Mr T.

I did censor out some of the Don's mansion. But they were cracking up at cloud dressing up as a girl!

Jump to Post

05.08.2012 7:25am

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

I did that on my very first FFVII playthrough, but I went further and actually acted out the parts myself, knowing full well only I'd hear it. It became a kind of surreal comedy though during non-inentionally funny parts where I'd start giggling at typos (like the aforementioned "This guy are sick" line), giving it's own laugh track. :p

Ah memories. :)

Jump to Post

05.08.2012 7:41am

Fuuko Sakurada
Momoia =D

I used to do that with SNES RPGs; I used to read them outloud and recording myself and listening back to it for pronounciation since English is my third language and people constantly laughed at how I pronounced some words at school ...did this with some manga too

BoA*

Best of Asia * since 2000

Jump to Post

05.08.2012 7:42am

Lews
Lord of the Morning

Seems like an interesting idea, if you sans the swearing.  So when they're playing it for themselves years down the road (God willing), they'll wonder who this Cid guy is, and assume he was some sort of DLC that was not included in the version narrated by their Dad long ago.

Jump to Post

05.13.2012 3:19pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

No, I can't say that I have.

Jump to Post

05.14.2012 12:04am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

I would pay for people to do this, record it and sent it to me...looking forward to all the MR T impersonations ;)

Jump to Post

06.14.2012 4:13pm

Shadow
Comes and goes like the wind...

One of the interesting things (well things that I find interesting) with all of the previous games being completely text based is actually the pronounciation of everything. We all probably read things in our head -- town names in FFVI like Kohligen, but becuase we never hear it read by a character in the game, there could be different ways people see as the proper way to pronounce it, even just subtleties in inflections.

I still remember arguing with my friend over "gil" and whether it was pronounced "G - ILL" or with a "J" sound like "Jill", I was of course arguing "G - ILL" :p

Jump to Post

06.14.2012 4:24pm

kjonez
with a Z

I've heard people say EYEfrit and not Ifrit. The first time I heard the way Bahamut was pronounced in 12 I got a weird face.

Jump to Post

06.14.2012 6:04pm

Seldomseen
Old Guard

Don't you mean IfrEEt?

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter