Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

I killed FFX

04.25.2012 11:14pm
Thread Creator

Lexx
Terran Angel

So I'm doing my long-planned "Master File" for FFX, wherein I max out the Sphere Grid, get the best weapons and armor, defeat all the Monster Arena bosses, etc.

I'm in the process of catching 10 of each fiend to unlock Nemesis, so I went to Sin to start on the fiends in there.  Then during the tiny fmv that always plays of the airship approaching Sin's floating corpse, the game froze.  I reset and went to Luca, and every FMV I tried to watch froze up the game.

Now, this FFX disc is the one I got on release, and my brothers both played the game a LOT back then, in addition to my earlier files.  So I tested out the FMVs of Dirge of Cerberus, which played no problem, and X-2, which froze for a second here and there.

The only difference between the discs is X has a big circular scuff mark around the outer edge of the disc, and X-2 has the beginning of a similar scuff ring, but nowhere near X's.  DoC doesn't have one at all.

So I'm left with the conclusion that either my PS2 is weaksauce, or my X disc is on its last legs.  No mi gusta :(

Jump to Post

04.25.2012 11:48pm

Scribe
The Taru

Good news! It's getting re-released on Blu-Ray in HD.

Jump to Post

04.26.2012 12:06am
Thread Creator

Lexx
Terran Angel

I won't be starting a new file any time soon, not after all the work I've put into this one.  Plus, I don't have a PS3.

Jump to Post

04.26.2012 1:15am

Fuuko Sakurada
Momoia =D

I thought it was also being remade on PS Vita sometime soon?

Final Fantasy 10 is very laggy when there's marks on its disc, especially when it comes to FMVs =/ I remember the first time I played it, which was a rental, the disc was scratched and I couldn't even play that well because of the many FMVs at the beginning of the game ...so I don't think it's your PS2 having problems based on the fact that you said that all your other games seem fine.

However, since you already own the game, if you don't want to purchase one of the new consoles that the remake is going to be on, it's perfectly legit for you to get an emulator and rip the game off your cd with your computer to play it there, assuming your computer is not too bad. I've tried it and it works =P don't know if you'd be willing still to start over on the emulator, though, but it's just a thought.

Or you can go on eBay and buy a new copy xD I think it's fairly cheap there nowadays

BoA*

Best of Asia * since 2000

Jump to Post

04.26.2012 3:50am

Sei'taer
lost

Turn the PS2 upside down, see if that works.

Jump to Post

04.26.2012 4:23am

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

Clean da lazer?

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

04.26.2012 9:05am
Thread Creator

Lexx
Terran Angel

Sei'taer said:

It worked!  The game is running perfectly.  I did the entrance to Sin, multiple FMVs at the Luca theater, and it all went smoothly with no problem.

So I have to ask: what magic is this?  Also, is there any negative sideffects when keeping it upside down?  It's a Slim, if that matters.

Jump to Post

04.26.2012 10:33am

scnix
scnix.com

Sei'taer said:

Oh wow, that just gave me a huge nostalgic moment.

Jump to Post

04.27.2012 3:15am

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

Remember when you had to open up your PS2 and turn that little white gear to make it play things?  Ah, those were the days. XD

Probably shouldn't hurt it to be upside down.  It was designed to be flat or upright, after all.

Jump to Post

04.28.2012 11:05am

Murasame
HALE YEAH

Our original Playstation ran like a billion times better when we stood it on its side, which was hard to do, since Playstations aren't designed to stand on their side.

Nostalgia.

Jump to Post

04.28.2012 7:31pm

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

Know what I always wanted that I never had?  A PSone.

Jump to Post

04.28.2012 10:30pm

Fuuko Sakurada
Momoia =D

Wow, I never heard about that trick before xD guess you learn new shit about old stuff every day ...then again, I always had my PS2 upright

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter