Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Kotaku article mentions Final Fantasy Online.

04.29.2013 7:58pm
Thread Creator

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

"I actually came over from the originator of these Final Fantasy websites, which was Final Fantasy Online," Moore says over Skype. "People from there ended up spawning Final Fantasy Worlds Apart. FF Online had a reputation, in those days, for being very strict...FFWA did not exactly have a whole lot of rules back then. It was run by mostly 14 to 18 year olds, and it was created as sort of a reaction to the harshness of FF Online."

The community surpassed Final Fantasy Online, which Robinson once thought of as the monolithic competition.

Final Fantasy Online grew by a million posts and increased its member count from 4,400 to 6,400 members between 2005 and 2006. After that, its growth slowed to about 100,000 posts per year, and its last Archive.org capture still shows "Most users ever online was 726, 01-05-2006."

https://kotaku.com/the-final-fantasy-fansite-that-changed-thousands-of-peo-484432842

Buggle Up! Danger! Danger! (Genocide!) Death the Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!

Jump to Post

04.29.2013 8:15pm

Darth Howie
Darthpool
Administrator

Yeah. My experiences with FFO weren't much different considering I met my wife and made many IRL friends at FFO. I still think the decline of the fansite scene has more to do with the decline of the series than changes in the internet.

Woe unto he who tries to be helpful, for upon him shall be lain the burdens of all.

- Squall 15:11

Jump to Post

04.29.2013 8:30pm

Darth Howie
Darthpool
Administrator

We don't need two threads about this. https://www.ffsociety.com/forums/f10/The_Final_Fantasy_Fansite_that_changed_thousands_1056

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter