Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

"New" FF9 sidequest discovered

< Prev 1 2 Next >

05.28.2013 9:53pm

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

Oh wait, it's ON Disc 4! Booyah! So doing this soon! :D

...just gotta fix my computer so I can rip Disc 4 and get it on my PSP. :/

Jump to Post

05.29.2013 1:04am
Thread Creator

Nelfichu
I've been there, hombre.

A buddy and I have been powering through FF9, doing a 100% playthrough (minus the stupid Excalibur 2). We'd been playing at a crazy rate, but we took a month off in the middle of disc 3. I'm glad now, too; if we hadn't, we would've played right to the end and kicked ourselves at this news.

Jump to Post

05.29.2013 1:09am

SuperSquall
Shortening His Posts

According to neogaft "This complicates the Excalibur II sidequest".  I would say so.  I can't imagine how much time this would add.

Jump to Post

05.29.2013 3:40am

Seelas
I want to go back.

I guess it depends upon your definition of an ExII perfect game. The Protect Ring technically isn't a missable or limited item; you can get an indefinite number of them by playing Chocobo Hot and Cold (albeit at 50,000 points apiece). So the question is whether finishing the quest leaves a paper trail. If you beat Deathguise without completing the quest and there's some sign that you never beat it - a piece of dialogue that changes or something - then it's compromising the ExII perfect game. But if there isn't... well, your save would be indistinguishable from an *actual* ExII perfect game, so who's to say?

If you actually have to return to Lindblum after all of those events, then I'm not sure a legit ExII perfect game is possible anymore. The writer of the guide on gamefaqs has a target time of 11:31, which is not a theoretically perfect time. But even allowing for an extra 10-20 minutes...that is a lot of running out of an encounter-dense final dungeon to Lindblum and back again. It seems like easily an extra hour or more, but it would have to be tested.

Jump to Post

05.29.2013 5:15am

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

Funny how many of us are at disc 3 at this moment, haha.

Jump to Post

05.29.2013 6:34am

Free Spirit
Zetta Member

Seelas said:

I guess it depends upon your definition of an ExII perfect game. The Protect Ring technically isn't a missable or limited item; you can get an indefinite number of them by playing Chocobo Hot and Cold (albeit at 50,000 points apiece). So the question is whether finishing the quest leaves a paper trail. If you beat Deathguise without completing the quest and there's some sign that you never beat it - a piece of dialogue that changes or something - then it's compromising the ExII perfect game. But if there isn't... well, your save would be indistinguishable from an *actual* ExII perfect game, so who's to say?

If you actually have to return to Lindblum after all of those events, then I'm not sure a legit ExII perfect game is possible anymore. The writer of the guide on gamefaqs has a target time of 11:31, which is not a theoretically perfect time. But even allowing for an extra 10-20 minutes...that is a lot of running out of an encounter-dense final dungeon to Lindblum and back again. It seems like easily an extra hour or more, but it would have to be tested.

It does leave a trail - the chest that you open to get the Protect Ring stays there, opened. However, ithe impact on EXIIPG's has already been broken down and analyzed, and it's been determined, god-willing, that there should be enough lee-way to still fit it in - the timeframes are just a little more constraining now than before. Someone in the gameFAQ's thread was already in the process of an EXIIPG run and felt confident they would be able to squeeze this in, so I guess we'll see in a while if he's able to do it.

Jump to Post

05.30.2013 12:48am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Crono said:

Hell, I can't remember what I had for dinner last night... haha

Maybe you should go follow Bodney and Modney to the restaurant to see what they got for dinner...........

Jump to Post

08.02.2013 2:36pm

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

Gametraileres throws their hat into the ring with the newest episode of Pop Fiction.  Nothing we didn't already know here but still a good watch either way.

https://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/xoiojw/pop-fiction-final-fantasy-ix--lost-nero-family

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

08.03.2013 3:37am

ManjiSanji
Insanity Mongoose

This reminds me, did anybody else catch the dwarf that says, "Feuch!" or, "fuck," in Conde Petie?

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter