Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

New FFXV Thread!

12.05.2016 1:14am

The Hulk
Good Boy

7, 8 and 10 are my top picks. This is obviously nothing like those.

Jump to Post

12.06.2016 1:18am

hkr
Too queer to get out of bed

I'm about 40 hours total in and finished chapter 7. Im doing sidequests and not using fast travel.

As a queer feminist, I fucking love these boys. I'm spending most of my time rolling around laughing at all the gay innuendo (My twitter feed is full pictures prompto takes). They don't really feel Bro'd to me (To me and my peer group, Bros tend to be hyper masculined cishet males whose behavior can only be described as "gross frat boys". They don't talk about feelings, they don't acknowledge their flaws, they don't ask for help.) They feel human. And Gay. Really Gay.

IRL I find I have zero time for games because I'm always distracted by things. The ability to have Ignis drive me to my location for 7 minutes straight with zero input is a huge boon, and means I can take care of those distractions without feeling like I'm not playing the game (I also have the ability that gives me AP for long car rides. Def a requirement).

Combat clicked with me once I turned wait mode on and started using libra and teamwork. It's worth it to expand those skill sets as well (though the game really needs to explain itself better). It's worth it to grind on sidequests to level up past the minimum for the story, as bosses etc still remain a challange even if you're 20 levels higher than them.

I'm not the biggest fan for how magic is handled but the devastation that magic has more than makes up for it to me.

The story has it's issues (It seems a lot of content has been cut that's not the anime or movie and I wonder where the fuck it went). I can ignore the flaws in the main story line because the way the main characters act around each other is so endearing. They feel like friends and people that've known each other for a long time.

Further advice:

-The strategy guide is worth it just in explaining certain mechanics in the game, like Ascension and Elemency, but as well as combat.

-Find out where your favorite FF music is being sold, drive there and buy it. Listen to it on the radio.

-Get the skills that give you AP for doing things like camping, cooking a character's favorite meal, using elemency etc. You'll need the extra AP as you level.

-When sprinting, if you wait for the meter to almost fully drain and then quickly repress Circle, your bar will refill immediately and you can keep going.

-Sidequest chains eventually lead to secret dungeons. The dungeons are worth doing for the experience alone, but also for the reward and then conversations the characters have.

-At the Lestallum gas station, there are items that are being sold to improve your fuel efficiency. I highly recommend you grab them.

-Sleep at any new place you can (Hotels, campers, camp spots). The Tours that unlock as you progress get you lots of AP and are fun character asides that explain a bit of where all these characters come from.

-Cup Noodles are one of Gladio's favorite foods and are cheap and easy to keep stock for that AP bonus (you did get the Ascension to gain AP by cooking a character's favorite meal, right?)

-Use wait mode and libra. Take an enemy's weaknesses into account.

Jump to Post

12.06.2016 4:52pm
Thread Creator

Colinp42
Registered Member

hkr said:

-Find out where your favorite FF music is being sold, drive there and buy it. Listen to it on the radio.

Anxiously awaiting being able to buy FF VI!!!

It's INSANE to me that they have the stamina bar off by default.  It's such an important mechanic.

I know I SHOULD use wait mode.  And I will probably eventually break down and do so (had to last night when I couldn't FIND the last enemy in a group).  But I just don't like it.

I had heard complaints about the constant drop ships.  But just got to chapter 2 last night and GOOD LORD.  I would love if they would patch the game to calm this down a bit.  Had to give up on a Dino quest because it wouldn't stop putting soldiers where I needed to get the item.  I wasn't planning on using an exp exploit, but now I think I will just so I don't have to worry about these random encounters.

Jump to Post

12.06.2016 5:19pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Colinp42 said:

I had heard complaints about the constant drop ships.  But just got to chapter 2 last night and GOOD LORD.  I would love if they would patch the game to calm this down a bit.  Had to give up on a Dino quest because it wouldn't stop putting soldiers where I needed to get the item.  I wasn't planning on using an exp exploit, but now I think I will just so I don't have to worry about these random encounters.

I think I went through three ships of empties before I managed to grab the thing and book it outta there.

Jump to Post

12.06.2016 7:34pm

The Hulk
Good Boy

Last time I played I turned off in disgust after seven ships in a row with an eigth incoming.  Don't even know if I'll go back.

Jump to Post

12.07.2016 8:44am

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

So I am 40 hours in the game and am only in Chapter 4 and my characters are all level 51.

Also in chapter 3 I spent 30 hours doing side quests and the chapter only had 30 mins of main story content.

I should be upset but I kind of find this amusing.

Also are peopel bothered by the inconsitent character models in the game? The central characters look like they are from a japanese anime while the generic NPC's all look like they were reused from a Western game. Heck I wouldn't be surprised if the developers asked if they can reuse the character models from Just Cause 3 to save time. 

Jump to Post

12.07.2016 10:54am

Old Juan
filled with hate

The Hulk said:

Last time I played I turned off in disgust after seven ships in a row with an eigth incoming.  Don't even know if I'll go back.

I cannot agree with this enough. Those drop ships are the bane of my existence.

Jump to Post

12.07.2016 3:28pm
Thread Creator

Colinp42
Registered Member

Old Juan said:

I cannot agree with this enough. Those drop ships are the bane of my existence.

What is unreasonable about them is they can just keep coming while you are in the same place, sometimes not allowing you to complete a quest.  You should have to move a certain distance away to trigger a second drop ship after clearing one.

Jump to Post

12.07.2016 3:30pm

Testament
Shamshot

Drop ships were an annoyance in the demo, so I shudder to think of an infinite supply...

Jump to Post

12.07.2016 3:36pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

shooter_mcgavin said:

Also are peopel bothered by the inconsitent character models in the game? The central characters look like they are from a japanese anime while the generic NPC's all look like they were reused from a Western game. Heck I wouldn't be surprised if the developers asked if they can reuse the character models from Just Cause 3 to save time. 

"Okay, Noctis, Gladiolus, Prompto, and Ignis, go talk to... uh... Dave about this hunt."

Jump to Post

12.07.2016 4:26pm

Inquisitor
Jericholic V2.0

Found this over at neogaf and then some other places around the web with a google search: http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201612070039/

I guess the translation on this is as follows:

Thank you for playing Final Fantasy XV. Final Fantasy XV was able to achieve an amazing accomplishment, shipping 5 million copies worldwide on the release day. I would like to express my gratitude for everyone that has purchased it.

Currently I have heard many players around the world enjoying themselves. Players are pleased to be enjoying this new Final Fantasy, as well as the staff, we are really happy.
We??ve promised before launching the game that Final Fantasy needed to be complete before it was released. We will continue to update and we are planning to provide a more rich gaming experience to all players around the world. As a gratitude for exceeding 5 million copies, I??ve decided to strengthen the update plan considerably beyond the original plan and inform you of a concrete road map.

These are updates to make the Final Fantasy XV gaming experience more rich, and for longer playability, updates based on requests from players after the release, and in addition to DLC development reported previously. They will be given for free for the short term, mid-term, and long-term.

Final Fantasy XV Update Roadmap

Short-term goals
First, we will update the experience of Chapter 13??s gameplay. For that reason, we are undertaking many enhancements such as increasing the power of the ring??s magic. We will inform you of the details of updated content at a later time.

Mid-term goals
Updating the production of the second half of the game, further enhancing the experience of the story. For example, we are planning to add event scenes where ??What happened to Ravus?? was from. In addition to the event scenes, voice responses and localization work to all languages will occur so we will work firmly on this as a mid-term goal. Details of the plan will be announced once it??s decided.

Long-term goals
We will make it possible to use important characters that appeared in the main game as playable characters. We will also consider adding an avatar system to create original characters. In addition to this, we will continue to actively update so that various players can enjoy Final Fantasy XV for a long time.

Others
After clearing the game, you can carry your progress into a New Game. Finishing it at a low level, an invincible suit, we will offer various items that extend the range of play. Fonts displayed can be enlarged for easier reading.
For the already announced DLC, it is planned to be released as originally intended.

FFXV Holiday Pack
FFXV Booster Pack
FFXV Episode Gladiolus
FFXV Episode Ignis
FFXV Episode Prompto
FFXV Online Expansion Pack: Companion

On behalf of the staff and all players around the world, we hope you will enjoy Final Fantasy XV even more. Thank you for your continued support for Final Fantasy XV and the Final Fantasy series.

FFXV Director Hajime Tabata

So I don't know about the rest of you, but I read this as "we released an unfinished game and we plan to finish it over the next year or so". 

This is my biggest problem with console gaming these days. Unfinished games upon release. I don't really have a huge issue with patches and DLC because I think they can fix problems that are hard or impossible to catch in QA, and DLC can serve as great expansions (see The Witcher 3). But to me, this reads like a blatant "we didn't finish our game, sorry, we plan to fix it." That crap pisses me off. 

Glad I didn't pick up at launch. 

Jump to Post

12.07.2016 5:53pm
Thread Creator

Colinp42
Registered Member

Wow.  All that makes me want to stop playing and wait!

Jump to Post

12.07.2016 6:24pm

Inquisitor
Jericholic V2.0

^

Last night I told my wife to get me Final Fantasy XV for Christmas. Read this this morning and told her to not get it. Seriously infuriating. 

Jump to Post

12.08.2016 12:02am

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

That was some major spin. It sounds a lot like the letter from SE after the disasterous launch of FFXIV 1.0. Only later did they do away with the spin and apologize for making a game that was flat out bad.

Jump to Post

12.08.2016 2:00am

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

Good thing I've decided to just get this on PC. Maybe by that time, they'd alrady get their shit together.

===

"Plans? What plans? I'm making this up as I go!"

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter