Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Ok, finally sold on FF15.

< Prev 1 2 Next >

03.17.2015 6:28pm
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

Spoilers for a summon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3N_cAiwhWw

Holy shitballs. Haven't been that in awe of a summon since I was 14, watching Bahamut in FF7.

Jump to Post

03.17.2015 7:17pm

Nelfichu
I've been there, hombre.

Oh man, the desolation to the battlefield afterward is so rad. It's gonna be real hard to resist buying a PS4 this week....

Jump to Post

03.17.2015 7:33pm

Cult of Personality
Insert witty remark here.

While awesome looking, it's going to take an awful lot of good word of mouth to make me invest in a PS4 so I can play it.  Unless of course they decide to release it on PC as well.  Lol, as if.

Jump to Post

03.17.2015 7:49pm
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

Why as if? SE aren't doing too badly on Steam.

FFXIII sold 300K copies, so expect a lot more SE games to come to Steam.

Jump to Post

03.18.2015 2:35am

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

It is a rather gorgeous game and the summons are pretty epic. I hope they don't fuck it up with another convoluted story and annoying characters.

Jump to Post

03.18.2015 3:53am

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Id82 said:

It is a rather gorgeous game and the summons are pretty epic. I hope they don't fuck it up with another convoluted story and annoying characters.

It definitely looks pretty... but ther'es another Ramuh video out there, and after the summon is over they start babbling about getting their car back and going to Cidney's and it just totally kills the mood.

Jump to Post

03.18.2015 5:55pm

Areas
Formerly Kenshin

Broke down and downloaded the game last night (Type 0 was bonus IMO).  I'm completely sold.  I cannot wait to get my hands on the full game. 

Jump to Post

03.18.2015 9:36pm

Cult of Personality
Insert witty remark here.

Zubis said:
FFXIII sold 300K copies, so expect a lot more SE games to come to Steam.

I didn't realize it did that well on Steam.  That does kind of give me hope for FFXV seeing a PC release after all.  Still would need to be pretty stellar to cleanse away the bad taste FFXIII left in my mouth.

Jump to Post

03.19.2015 2:02am
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/03/steam-gauge-measuring-the-most-popular-steam-games-of-2014/3/

Honestly SE apparently got a large surprise with PC games. The fact that FFXIII outsold the Resident Evil 4 HD remake and Metal Gear Ground Zeroes is amazing.

Dark Souls II: 964,266
Ultra Street Fighter IV: 451,366
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance: 444,266
Metal Slug 3: 443,928
Final Fantasy XIII: 327,959
The Evil Within: 250,533
One Way Heroics: 213,342
Valkyria Chronicles: 210,299
Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes: 192,042
Resident Evil 4 HD: 170,403
Final Fantasy XIII-2: 159,922
Vanguard Princess: 135,241
Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends: 131,183
Agarest: Generations of War: 138,622
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky: 107,516
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae: 105,488
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution: 100,416
Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~- 95,007
Final Fantasy III: 91,964
100% Orange Juice: 87,906
Hatoful Boyfriend: 85,878
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger: 85,540
Pro Evolution Soccer 2015: 83,849
Final Fantasy IV: 75,397
Killer is Dead - Nightmare Edition: 64,239
Astebreed: 59,844
The Legend of Korra: 57,139
Ikaruga: 52,406
Metal Slug X: 42,601
NEKOPARA Vol. 1: 39,896

Jump to Post

03.19.2015 2:25am

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Oh shit look how high up that list Valk Chronicles is.  That's fuckin' awesome.

Jump to Post

03.19.2015 5:09am

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

I came here just to see if anybody was talking about it, I'm glad I'm not the only one utterly sold just on one measly summon, haha.

Jump to Post

03.19.2015 5:45am

Amer
pew pew pew

Started playing the demo tonight. Not  anywhere near done, just enough to do some combat and camp and save a few times. The combat is going to take some getting used to, but overall I'd say it feels a lot more like a FF game than XIII ever did. That said, it is different. The combat is more actiony than RPGy than ever before. Timing is very important. Noctis can easily hit 0 HP in a couple hits if you jump into fights and don't defend.  Dodging, parrying, countering, focusing on bunch of different enemies running around you, keeping an eye on your MP and HP, looking at your spell options, etc. there is a lot to keep track of even just fighting regular mobs. 

Jump to Post

03.19.2015 1:37pm

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

Playing the demo I am not overwhelmingly impressed but enough for me to get the game. The game is a step up from FFXIII but I feel like its a bit rough around the edges and the combat isn't that interesting (camera angles, lack of spells) etc.

Jump to Post

03.19.2015 2:15pm

Amer
pew pew pew

I was thinking about it more last night, and the combat is sort of like they took XII's a step further. 

You're walking around and you take on enemies as you seem them just out in the world. 

You engage them and the other 3 members of your group basically start doing what they want. 

Instead of just selecting menu commands, you have Square for attack, L1 to start dodge mode, R1 to focus. 

But then there are more action game elements off of all those things. L1 plus the meter on counterable attacks. R1+X for warp attacks. 

Hold L1 for dodge, but each attack you dodge costs MP. Everything costs MP. MP might as well just be AP. 

I do like how Noctis has multiple weapon types to summon and depending on which he uses you get different benefits and you can kind of work up the combo chain depending on which slot they are in. 

But it's really like they took FFXII, then made it more actiony for the player but then still tied it to RPG stats. I know that is very Skyrim-esque but this feels more devil may cry than anything like that. 

And like shooter said, the camera can kind of suck sometimes in combat. I'm hoping the lack of spells is just b/c it's a demo. It does say every time you rest that you can't gain any more abilities in the demo. I also kind of like the whole "don't actually level with XP earned until you rest" thing. 

Jump to Post

04.12.2015 9:20am

Yankele
New veteran user

i played the demo couple times on xbox and its good, real good. a new experience that somewhat feels familiar.
ill get it on launch probably.
im glad SE its getting up from the ground lately, we all being witness of the downfall of the quality of their games since the fusion, just keep them coming!

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter