Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Random comment by Kitase about Final Fantasy 6

< Prev 1 2 Next >

06.12.2013 4:24pm
Thread Creator

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

"Here's a hypothetical question -- and this is just hypothetical, so don't read too much into this -- what if we were to take a game like, say, Final Fantasy VI that does have the ATB system but is basically command-based. What if we were to take that game and breathe new life into it? Make it into a current-gen game? Would users be OK with it in that turn-based style?" - producer Yoshinori Kitase

I highly doubt this is hypothetical.

Jump to Post

06.12.2013 4:26pm

Catastrophe
I'm Catbug!

I...I don't know how to feel.

Jump to Post

06.12.2013 4:32pm

Kal
yes

A turn based (FFX I'm assuming? or does he mean Tactics-style?) FFVI, with current-gen production values? Sign me up.

Jump to Post

06.12.2013 5:12pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

As long as they leave the story and characters alone I'd be down with that.

Oh who am I kidding? They'd fuck with both and ruin FFVI forever.

Jump to Post

06.12.2013 5:19pm

Crisium
N/A

FFVI PS4?

I, uh, am not sure how to comment.  Modern SE would ruin it, but there's a chance they wouldn't... right?

Jump to Post

06.12.2013 5:26pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Would users be OK with it in that turn-based style?"

Yes, ffs.

Jump to Post

06.12.2013 5:29pm

Lexx
I know how they work

To quote one James Tiberius Kirk:

Don't believe them!  Don't trust them!

The last thing I need is to see Locke spouting off about being a hero while Celes swoons in his arms on a hoverbike watching fireworks in Vector.

Jump to Post

06.12.2013 6:16pm

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

Sounds interesting in concept, but what Lexx said.  They'd figure out some way to fuck it up.  Also, needs full control of ENTIRE party.  Not just the leader, dammit.

Jump to Post

06.12.2013 7:27pm
 (Edited on 06.12.2013 at 7:32pm)

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

If an FF6 remake came out that maintained a turn based system, this would be me

I actually dont mind they mess with the storyline and characters, as long as the gameplay is the same

I dont think it would be good but i like ff6 so much that it is worth a shot. I am extremely skilled at not letting things ruin things for me, i could totally block my memory of it if it was bad and enjoy ff6 as much as I did before, if not more!

Jump to Post

06.12.2013 7:42pm

Crusader
Not Even My Dad Hit Me

I was really intepreting/hoping this actually meant "not FFVI but a new game that played just like it."  I'd be up for this series' own Mega Man 9 so to speak.

Jump to Post

06.12.2013 8:40pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

It sounds to me like he's talking an old-school turn-based game with modern graphics and environments.

Jump to Post

06.12.2013 8:42pm

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Crusader said:

I was really intepreting/hoping this actually meant "not FFVI but a new game that played just like it."  I'd be up for this series' own Mega Man 9 so to speak.

funny enough, wasn't ff9 supposed to be a mega man 9? return to roots?  (Despite never really having left the roots in either ff7 or ff8)

But yeah, that would be awesome if that's what he really meant..

Jump to Post

06.12.2013 8:51pm

Crusader
Not Even My Dad Hit Me

Yeah.  I liked FFIX, but I always thought it was more like FFVII or VIII with more castles and dragons than a real throwback to what the SNES games were like.

Jump to Post

06.13.2013 2:58am

Dr Squirrel
medicine woman

i don't know much about the guy, but him emphasizing twice that it's hypothetical makes me think it really is.

trust me, i'm a doctor

Jump to Post

06.13.2013 3:01am
Thread Creator

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

Dr Squirrel said:

i don't know much about the guy, but him emphasizing twice that it's hypothetical makes me think it really is.

Or he just doesn't want 1.5 million people beating down his door asking him when it'll be ready.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter