Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Random comment by Kitase about Final Fantasy 6

< Prev 1 2 Next >

06.13.2013 6:45am

Dr Squirrel
medicine woman

Repeated assurances that they're not remaking FFVII haven't stopped the door beaters for that

trust me, i'm a doctor

Jump to Post

09.04.2013 4:28am
 (Edited on 09.04.2013 at 9:26am)

Spooniest
Coffee Warrior

If they're going to remake Final Fantasy 6, I volunteer to do the localization.

That game is my guidebook for life.

As to gameplay changes, my opinion is WHO CARES, it's Final Fantasy 6!!

I'm going far far away somewhere

Jump to Post

09.04.2013 1:29pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

Please god, no.

Jump to Post

09.05.2013 12:28am

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

This is just the lastest enumeration of iOS and Android remakes. FF1 - 5 are already on the App Store. FF VI will soon join them. They did this with the GBA, releasing FF1&2, 4, 5, and 6 for that system.

https://toucharcade.com/2013/05/07/final-fantasy-v-review/

Jump to Post

10.09.2013 11:47pm
Thread Creator

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

It's being 'remade' for iOS and Android, and dumbed down by the sound of it. All that AND the butt ugly look of the recent V remake.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=694354

"It is basically like a remake of the original VI," Tokita said as he proudly revealed his surprise at the end of a presentation about the recent smartphone release of FFV and the upcoming mobile release of FFIV: The After Years. "But there have been some enhancements.""The battle systems have been altered for the other [mobile remakes] for Final Fantasy and VI will be the same. For instance grinding was an issue and people had to spend a lot of time leveling up. Now on the mobile devices the battle systems have been adjusted so you don't have to fight as much and can enjoy the game for what it is."

The graphics, he said, will be refined for cellphones. They'll still be 2D but sharpened, a la the recent mobile release of V.

Jump to Post

10.10.2013 12:05am

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

We all knew this was coming.  It's days like this that I'm glad I don't have a smart phone so I'm in no way shape or form even bothered by this since it doesn't affect me.  I mean, you could argue it does since I'll never see a "good" remake but then I'd argue that you shut the hell up and move along, sir.  I SAID GOOD DAY.

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

10.13.2013 5:33am

Crisium
N/A

Uuuuh what.

"The battle systems have been altered for the other [mobile remakes] for Final Fantasy and VI will be the same. For instance grinding was an issue and people had to spend a lot of time leveling up. Now on the mobile devices the battle systems have been adjusted so you don't have to fight as much and can enjoy the game for what it is."

People had to grind in FFVI?  I found the opposite to be true.  I have to purposely be underleveled to even have a hint of challenge from bosses.  In my latest playthrough, I beat Atma Weapon with my party from level of 13-15.  The average player is in the mid to high 20s for that fight.  True I have played the game more than any other RPG, but it's not a hard game.  Only the FFVI:A bonus dungeon was a legitimate challenge.

Jump to Post

10.17.2013 4:32am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

You had to grind in FF6? Did they play the same game as me? You don't eve get stat bonuses at level up besides HP  until you have espers. wtf? these guys dont even know their own games.

Yeah crisium i feel the same way. Even on my first playthrough I dont remember grinding.  They are literally taking the ONE weakness FF6 has (too easy) and making it even worse...wow...im speechless.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter