Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

SE goes retro for FF13 & 13-2 plot summary.

< Prev 1 2 Next >

01.29.2014 6:09pm
Thread Creator (Edited on 01.29.2014 at 6:20pm)

Zubis
Registered Member

This is genuinely excellent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQrBSO74DzA

Love how it makes fun of FF13-2's plot.

Jump to Post

01.29.2014 6:20pm

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

Okay, I actually love this. It was better than all of the first game, for sure. Caius... Why?!? lol

Jump to Post

01.29.2014 6:37pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

I was amused.

And then all the sprite piled into Lightning's sprite, and I was amazed. 

I liked XIII well enough, and XIII-2 seemed like fun though I never finished it (I'm not sure which console I even have it on, or if I can even play it now because if it was on 360 then my ex has it still... I suppose I should check my game drawer), and this earned them both a lot of retroactive goodwill.

Jump to Post

01.29.2014 6:49pm

Old Juan
filled with hate

I laughed at the Caius and Yuel part. That was funny as fuck. The 8 bit strealined plot summaries make more sense than the plots in the originals which goes to show that sometimes less is in fact more.

Jump to Post

01.29.2014 11:26pm

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

I know it wasn't meant to be a synopsis but the bit with Orphan is leading people who have forgot or haven't played to believe kiling Orphan wasn't dumb as shit and that it's what Orphan WANTED.  Also lol Snow: "SARAH!"

That asside, that was a great freaking clip.  Game looks way better in 2D. :D

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

01.29.2014 11:38pm

Thirdtwin
It's you guys' fault

Aw I wanted to post it, I just found it. :(  It's funny as hell, I'm still laughing at the Caius part.

TT

Jump to Post

01.30.2014 12:59am

Crusader
Not Even My Dad Hit Me

Made so much more sense than the actual FFXIII.  lol

Jump to Post

01.30.2014 1:08am

Nelfichu
I've been there, hombre.

"Your sister sent me from the future to protect you." Jesus Christ, how much worse did XIII-2's story get from XIII's? 

Jump to Post

01.30.2014 7:40am

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

XIII-2's story was nonsense - despite the time travel aspect it still came down to 'no matter what you choose you're still screwed and the villian cannot die no matter how many times you kick his arse', which sucked, as I hated Caius with a passion. Noel was a suprisingly good character though, as he would always snap quickly out of any emo funk he might have started falling into. Not to mention he took an instant hatred to Snow and gave him a massive tongue-lashing - I actually cheered when he did that. ;)

But then, I played XIII-2 not for the story, but for the gameplay, which is actually enjoyable. And the battle system was much impoved over the first XIII. So it remains to be seen how well LR-XIII builds on this (so far it seems mediocre at best and annoying at worst).

Jump to Post

01.31.2014 4:02am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

I couldn't tell when FF13 ended and FF13-2 started because I quit FF13 half way.  Can someone tell me?

Jump to Post

01.31.2014 11:14am

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

Mild spoilers but the ending of XIII was when Cocoon falls immediately after Orphan was destroyed and Fang and Vanielle crystalize it and themselves. Then Lightning gets pulled through a time-rift-something-a-rather which is where XIII-2 begins.

That whole video was genuine awesome. And who noticed Ultros hidden in the background of the XIII-2 section when the screen scolls quickly during the Sunleth Waterscape? I chuckled when I saw him briefly there. :p

Jump to Post

01.31.2014 6:57pm

Crux
A mental Dentist's office

lol I love the scene you showed in gif format. It really showed off Caius' love life well. LoL

Jump to Post

02.01.2014 12:52am

Sanna
What a Tedious fight!

I like this better than actual XIII. My friend got pissed at me when I told her this, lololol.

Jump to Post

02.01.2014 1:06am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Tell your friend I liked it better too

Jump to Post

02.01.2014 3:53am

Jaran
I'm going to try SCIENCE!

I want to mock how ridiculous this plot is, but then I remember that FFX's main character was the dream of a dead civilization's dream about his father. Or something.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter