Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Started up FFVIII again...

04.07.2012 8:22am
Thread Creator

Vincent Valentine
Wannabe Red Mage

So yeah I started a new playthrough for FFVIII... I haven't played it in years.  Not since my PS1 memory card died with my end-game save.  Kinda funny really.  The game seems loads easier this time around.

"..."

The "Draw" system still sucks though.

Anyone else recently play it again?

Also I may do a "Retro Review" of sorts.  Never done one, but I'd like to give it a shot.  Definately gonna need some pointers for that though. =D

"I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it." - Vincent Valentine

Overdrive_Tidus from FFO Forums

Jump to Post

04.08.2012 1:53am

Lexx
I know how they work

I haven't played VIII in at least a decade, probably longer.  I may do another run at some point in the near future though.  Depends on how fast I get through my backlog.

Jump to Post

04.08.2012 3:03am

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

I did a very quick run on emulator about a year and a half ago.  I loved this game my first time, liked it second time, and strongly disliked it the third time.  I don't know... this game just holds up the worst in the entire series to me.  I can at least see why some people still like it, it just isn't to my taste anymore.  Now as a 15 year old... hell yes.

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

04.08.2012 3:15am

Nelfichu
I've been there, hombre.

I love VIII. Last year I tried to get my girlfriend to play it (she'd only played X and VII before), and she played through Norg before she quit. I can't remember exactly why she quit, but I know she didn't like Squall's emoness.

Jump to Post

04.09.2012 9:51pm

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

Squall's emoness and Rinoa's naivete are ridiculous and extremely annoying, but it's still a fun game to play.  Most recently played through it last year on PSP and had a pretty fun time.  Super easy too because the Junction system is so conveniently abused.

Jump to Post

04.10.2012 1:56pm

Old Juan
filled with hate

kirbenvost said:

Squall's emoness and Rinoa's naivete are ridiculous and extremely annoying, but it's still a fun game to play.  Most recently played through it last year on PSP and had a pretty fun time.  Super easy too because the Junction system is so conveniently abused.

This. When it comes to doing a quick breezy playthough of a FF game. This one out of the main series is easiest to do because the Junction system is so easily manipulated to your favor.

Jump to Post

04.10.2012 3:18pm

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

Old Juan said:

This one out of the main series is easiest to do because the Junction system is so easily manipulated to your favor.

The Limit Break system is also broken and easily abused... especially when you get Lionheart.

Jump to Post

04.10.2012 9:51pm

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

Oh hell yeah.  Just keep Squall under 1/4 HP and you're good, just breeze through every battle.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter