Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

The Ending of FFV...

03.29.2013 5:48pm
Thread Creator

SuperSquall
Shortening His Posts

When I played FFV I had to fight Neo Ex-Death. I killed the weird evil tree, and then he pretty much turned into a Zeromus like monster and had five sections and I had to kill all of them.

I ask this because I watched *part* of a speedrun from Awesome Games Done Quick and the twitch archive glitched out part of the ending, but it *looked* like they avoided fighting the end phase.  Am I just crazy here or is there really some variability to the endgame of FFV?

Jump to Post

03.29.2013 6:51pm

Lexx
Terran Angel

Maybe there's a glitch they took advantage of?  I know I've always had to fight Neo Exdeath.

Jump to Post

03.29.2013 7:06pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Sounds glitchy, though in the old versions of FF5 you could kill him super easy by inflicting the Old status effect on him, then Lv 5 Death. It insta-kills him.

Jump to Post

03.29.2013 7:49pm

Southern Comfort
silently judging all of you

If you can berserk him, he won't turn into Neo Exdeath.  The change is actually an ability triggered by low HP.  The chemist job can mix a couple of things at him that'll make it happen.

Jump to Post

03.29.2013 8:13pm

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

You mix a kiss of blessing which is Maiden's Kiss and Holy Water.  Out of the 3 times I've beaten V I've only ever done the full fight once. 

Granted, if you're playing the GBA version that trick doesn't work.  Fortunately, there is another method involving one of the new classes... can't remember it though.

In FF IV there is a similar trick on the SNES where you have the final blow dealt via counter damage.  Memory issues on old systems kept HP limits at 65k so any monster that had more than that there was a trigger once the enemy fell below that amount to refil it's HP, change modes, whatever.

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

03.30.2013 2:47am

FenixDown
The King's orders are absolute

Pretty much what Crono and Southern Comfort said about the Kiss of Blessing mixture. First stage final boss Exdeath is unable to transform into Neo Exdeath if he has been berserked by the Kiss of Blessing, which bypasses normal berserk status immunity.

If you do fight Neo Exdeath, there is another trick you can use to one-hit kill one of the four components that make up Neo Exdeath. Before fighting Exdeath, make sure you have a fully charged Magic Lamp (the item that can be used to call a summon monster once per battle) and use it twice before beginning the final battle, so that the Bahamut and Leviathan summons have been used up (the Magic Lamp is set to summon Bahamut first, and then work it's way down the list of summons, skipping Phoenix). Now, during the fight with Neo Exdeath, use the Magic Lamp for the third time and summon Odin, who, when summoned with the lamp, will always unleash Zantetsuken with perfect accuracy against any enemy who is even remotely vulnerable to Odin's one-hit kill. The farthest back part of Neo Exdeath will die instantly. This strategy also works against the enemies guarding the third stone tablet in the Great Trench, probably others too.

Let's Play Chrono Trigger
Let's Play The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past
Let's Play Final Fantasy VI

Jump to Post

03.31.2013 8:26am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Holy shit I never knew this. But the Neo X death fight is among the best in the game so I would never want to miss any part of it. 

Jump to Post

03.31.2013 10:27am

Kal
yes

I always found that the most satisfying way to kill him is to just toss all your gold at him.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter