Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

The future of Final Fantasy.

06.06.2013 4:56pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

I...stopped paying attention to the FF series after IX because I never owned a PS2 to continue on. Is that a good thing or bad thing? The series I mean. Obviously it's bad that I didn't have a PS2.

Jump to Post

06.06.2013 4:57pm

Free Spirit
Zetta Member

That pic is fake. The Kingdom Hearts logo is a fan-made one that's been floating around for a year. Also, note the magnifying glass in the FFXIV logo.

Jump to Post

06.06.2013 5:09pm

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

Darth Howie said:

Clowd: Source?

neogaf, so about a 75% chance that its fake. 

Buggle Up! Danger! Danger! (Genocide!) Death the Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!

Jump to Post

06.06.2013 5:10pm
 (Edited on 06.06.2013 at 5:15pm)

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

Big Tall said:

I...stopped paying attention to the FF series after IX because I never owned a PS2 to continue on. Is that a good thing or bad thing? The series I mean. Obviously it's bad that I didn't have a PS2.

Well people have their strong opinions but FFX and FFXII were very good games. And FFX-2 had it's moments too. And other Square-Enix games like Dragon Quest VIII and Kingdom Hearts are also worth checking.

It also gives you a perspective on how Square torpedoed themselves in one generation alone.

Jump to Post

06.06.2013 5:38pm

Darth Howie
Darthpool
Administrator

Clowd Cole said:

Clowd Troll

Woe unto he who tries to be helpful, for upon him shall be lain the burdens of all.

- Squall 15:11

Jump to Post

06.06.2013 5:51pm
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

FFXIII-3 has been delayed to Feb 2014! Oh the humanity.

Jump to Post

06.06.2013 6:24pm

Lexx
I know how they work

Free Spirit said:

I wish. I'm sure they'll skip FFIX and do an ultra-high-def remake of FFX.  FFIX is literally the only main series FF that has never received a single port, remake, sequel, prequel, spinoff, or otherwise been so much as looked at since it was released.

Thank God.  I don't want S-E to even TOUCH my beloved FFIX given their recent track record.

Jump to Post

06.06.2013 6:26pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Clowd Cole said:

Having looked at that picture just now (and looking at FS' comments), I think you need to add about 25% or so to that number. :P

Also, the numbers in that FFXV logo look reaaaaaally off.

Jump to Post

06.06.2013 6:34pm

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

It's clearly fake - SE already stated ages ago that FFXIV A Realm Reborn is for PS3, not PS4, and the 'FFXV' logo does look like a cheap fan knock-off (like the kind that have been floating around on the net for years).

I bet it's fooled tons of gullible fans already though.

Jump to Post

06.06.2013 8:41pm

Crisium
N/A

Big Tall said:

FFX is a good game.  The hate goes to the plot and Tidus' voice actor.  But it has arguably the single best battle system in the series.  It's coming to PS3 and Vita if you happen to have one of those.

Jump to Post

06.06.2013 8:44pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Vita it is!

Jump to Post

06.06.2013 9:40pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

I really hope the next FF game is in more of a traditional fantasy setting. I've had way more than enough of this cyberpunk bullshit.

Jump to Post

06.06.2013 9:45pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

There hasn't been a cyberpunk FF since Midgar in VII.

Jump to Post

06.06.2013 10:40pm

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

Crisium said:

FFX is a good game.  The hate goes to the plot and Tidus' voice actor.  But it has arguably the single best battle system in the series.  It's coming to PS3 and Vita if you happen to have one of those.

I thought the voice actor was okay... but IMO where they really screwed up was when they rushed the english audio to match the Japanese lip movements/animation.

Jump to Post

06.07.2013 2:46am

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

amaron said:

I thought the voice actor was okay... but IMO where they really screwed up was when they rushed the english audio to match the Japanese lip movements/animation.

Tell me about it .... you know :P

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter