Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

The future of Final Fantasy.

06.07.2013 5:03am

SuperSquall
Shortening His Posts

Atma Weapon said:

I really hope the next FF game is in more of a traditional fantasy setting. I've had way more than enough of this cyberpunk bullshit.
Boy are you going to be sad when it's still a shitty game.

Jump to Post

06.07.2013 11:18am

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

Someone in NEOGAF posted this pic about the "Future of Final Fantasy".

https://i.imgur.com/nZF2oXO.gif

I can't lie ... I laughed

Jump to Post

06.09.2013 5:48am

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

The hell? 

Buggle Up! Danger! Danger! (Genocide!) Death the Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!

Jump to Post

06.09.2013 10:42am
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

Is it just me or is Lightning's breastplate just ridiculous?

Jump to Post

06.09.2013 11:33am
 (Edited on 06.09.2013 at 6:23pm)

Murasame
HALE YEAH

If it's made of leather*, no. If it's made of metal, hell yeah it's ridiculous.

Edit: boy, I fucked up this little thing.

Jump to Post

06.09.2013 4:14pm

Dr Squirrel
medicine woman

ah, boobcups.  the video game industry's compromise to actually giving women armor.  

FINE, YOU CAN WEAR ARMOR, BUT WE'RE NOT GOING TO HIDE THE ONLY PART OF YOU THAT MATTERS

trust me, i'm a doctor

Jump to Post

06.09.2013 6:49pm

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

Dr Squirrel said:

ah, boobcups.  the video game industry's compromise to actually giving women armor.  

FINE, YOU CAN WEAR ARMOR, BUT WE'RE NOT GOING TO HIDE THE ONLY PART OF YOU THAT MATTERS

Oh what makes you say that?

https://www.cracked.com/photoplasty_204_if-real-life-worked-like-role-playing-game_p25/#1

Jump to Post

06.10.2013 12:08am
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

Sorry Clowd.

https://www.dualshockers.com/2013/06/09/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii-will-not-be-released-on-pc/

As soon as we heard about the possible hoopla, we reached out to Square Enix to ask for a clarification on the issue, and received a prompt reply from Senior Public Relations Manager David Yang:LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII will be available for the PS3 and Xbox 360 platforms only. The poster ad in question erroneously indicated PC as a platform.

Jump to Post

06.10.2013 11:58pm

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

'Gameplay' video gives no idea of the battle engine or anything, lulz.  But I dunno, as much of a trainwreck these games have been, I can see it being kinda fun to play if it's action-RPG style a la Crisis Core.

Jump to Post

06.11.2013 5:30pm
Thread Creator (Edited on 06.11.2013 at 6:08pm)

Zubis
Registered Member

It tells you how far SE has fallen that no-one is streaming their presentation, and only Kotaku are liveblogging it.

https://kotaku.com/find-out-about-the-future-of-square-right-now-updating-512607517

Nothing new so far - FF15, Kingdom Hearts 3 confirmed for both One and PS4.

FF15

FF15 is so massive "many stories may come at a later time" - new titles, DLC?

Questioner wanted to know how far along XV is, but Hashimoto said it was too early to say. "Development is moving forward," he said.

They won't give % lol. Either they've learned their lesson, or they don't want to admit it's so early in development after restarting.

A question about the development teams... Hashimoto said the main staff remains and that he had actually played Versus XIII on PS3. "We have added more excellent staff."

Kingdom Hearts

A reporter asks if Square will give Xbox owners a way to catch-up on the Kingdom Hearts mythos, since KH3 is the first Kingdom Hearts on an Xbox. "We don't have any plans yet," Hashimoto said, recommending that people could look to some of the movies and books to get the history.

The Kingdom Hearts 1.5 team is working on Kingdom Hearts 3, which explains why the KH3's trailer didn't impress so much lol.

Misc
No FF for Wii U.

Jump to Post

06.22.2013 3:11am

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

https://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/21/final-fantasy-x-hd-almost-finished-ff-x-2-hd-more-than-halfway/

In short, even after almost two years X is still being worked on and X-2 is just over half done.  Anyone shocked?

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

06.22.2013 9:28pm

SuperSquall
Shortening His Posts

^
If they have 4 people working on this that would make some sense.  I just can't understand how Square Enix works so slowly.  The must have some of the worst project management of all time or... something.

Jump to Post

06.24.2013 7:30pm

Darth Howie
Darthpool
Administrator

I blame the lack of Gooch. /broken record player

Woe unto he who tries to be helpful, for upon him shall be lain the burdens of all.

- Squall 15:11

Jump to Post

06.26.2013 11:16pm

Thirdtwin
It's you guys' fault

In other news, Yoichi Wada is now Chairman of the Board at Square-Enix.

TT

Jump to Post

07.23.2013 9:45pm
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

In other, other news, the head of Eidos Montreal has resigned, blaming Square-Enix Europe's 'lack of courage'.

Eido's Montreal's last title was Deus Ex Human Revolution, and the new tablet game. I'm guessing we're not going to see any new Deux Ex soon.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter