Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call announced

09.11.2013 3:44am
Thread Creator

FenixDown
The King's orders are absolute

According to OpRainfall, a new Theatrhythm game was announced for the 3DS this week in Japan's Jump magazine. It features new characters including Ramza from FFTactics, Benjamin from FF Mystic Quest, Zack Fair from FFVII, as well as one of the characters from Type-0 that still hasn't been given a western release. It appears to feature some form of versus mode though details have yet to be revealed. None of the new music has been revealed yet, but it seems a given that tracks from the newly featured games will be included.

I for one look forward to playing along to the battle theme from Mystic Quest.

Let's Play Chrono Trigger
Let's Play The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past
Let's Play Final Fantasy VI

Jump to Post

09.11.2013 3:55am

Ashilyn
Career GM

It's confirmed the game will have music from FFXIV and Lightning Returns. Word is 200 songs, 60 characters (for comparison, the iOS version of the original, which had a bunch of exclusives songs, only had ~115 total). Y'shtola form FFXIV has also been spotted as a playable character. Smart money is on some XV music being DLC as well (and the original already had a vXIII song).

Safe money is on the Vs. mode being a score/accuracy battle mode, like in Ouendan. Either way, I look forward to that.

Jump to Post

09.11.2013 8:17am

Fuuko Sakurada
Momoia =D

I seriously hope that they make the downloadable songs from the first game available into this one; paid so much money for all of them, the least they could do there >_>

I also kinda hope that the previous songs from the first game are in there as well, though I wouldn't be surprised and would easily explain the 200 songs that they say will be available into the new one

BoA*

Best of Asia * since 2000

Jump to Post

09.11.2013 4:47pm

Ashilyn
Career GM

Fuuko Sakurada said:

I seriously hope that they make the downloadable songs from the first game available into this one; paid so much money for all of them, the least they could do there >_>

I also kinda hope that the previous songs from the first game are in there as well, though I wouldn't be surprised and would easily explain the 200 songs that they say will be available into the new one

I doubt they'll be doing 200 whole new songs for this game. The original was ~80 songs (I can't remember if that's with or without DLC, but DLC acocunted for another 20ish sonigs iirc), and the iOS port had exclusive music and numbered in at 113.

I would imagine they'll be including the full iOS soundtrack + a whole new game's worth of songs (so 80+) to bring it to 200. Which will in turn leave stupid people whining about not enough new content, instead of realising that they still got more than a game's worth of new content + the shit they already had in an improved engine/gameplay environment.

Jump to Post

09.11.2013 10:57pm

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

The 3DS already got its version. This would actually be perfect for the Vita. I also wish they would do fix their dlc prices for iOS so it's not so damn ridiculous.

Jump to Post

09.12.2013 2:04am

Shadow
Comes and goes like the wind...

I'm definitely interested, I just hope it isn't built as a DLC cash grab like the iOS version was. Definitely want this to come to North America.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter