Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Wada: Final Fantasy XIV "greatly damaged entire brand"

< Prev 1 2 Next >

09.30.2011 7:05pm

Plumbum
Yes, what of it?

[quote=30]
[size= 11px; color: #959595]Rhaegar said:[/size]

If it means Nomura, Toriyama, Wada, et al get ousted the way Sakaguchi did, I'm all for it. Whoever replaces them certainly couldn't be any worse.
But then we'll never get Kingdom Hearts III.I'd be surpised if we ever got Kingdom Hearts III. It's probably on the level of a FFVII remake now. As long as the sidequest games keep selling, there is little reason to go and make the "next chapter
".

Jump to Post

09.30.2011 10:19pm

Zubis
Registered Member

This is a post by Tanaka today on the FFXI forums after forum members questioned why no-one from the actual development team posts. It outlines a few points which are somewhat obvious but now we know for sure.

All I can say is that this is simply a difference in operational policies.

For FFXI, forum operation policy wise, we arranged it so that basically the community team answers and posts.

Compared to FFXIV, FFXI is currently being developed by an extremely small amount of people and because of this each team member&rsquo;s work load is extremely high. Due to this, in order to prevent imbalances in responses on the forum due to individual developer answers, the community team looks over every thread and picks up on the high priority topics to report to the development team.

Actually, internally we operate a closed forum in exactly the same format as the forum you use and community reps create threads for us internally with the topics they have picked up on. The developers, QA team, community team, and other related personnel are then able to check it out and we can discuss the issues internally. Following this, after getting confirmation from the lead developer, a draft is put together and is then checked by the producer, director, and assistant director, then once the green light is given, the community team makes the response after a consensus has been reached.

Due to this kind of operational structure, depending on the development conditions, sometimes responses can be delayed a bit. However, we are currently operating so that we can relay information to you from the whole team.

Nonetheless, I think we are holding back a little bit too much, myself included, so in the future we will all try our best to unabashedly make some posts. Of course, these responses will reflect the consensus of the entire team as well.

P.S. Everyone makes sure to check Mocchi&rsquo;s jokes.

So basically, FFXI has a handful of developers left on it, the rest were thrown onto FFXIV, and communication to the public is extremely formal. The fact that developers don't post on the forums is no surprise; as a developer myself I have no desire to get into fights with users all day, but I'm surprised they admitted that there's basically no-one working on FFXI. We all knew it of course, given that their timeline of updates ends next April when their new MMO is being announced. Sad to read though.

Jump to Post

10.02.2011 5:43pm

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

Zubis said:
So basically, FFXI has a handful of developers left on it, the rest were thrown onto FFXIV, and communication to the public is extremely formal. The fact that developers don't post on the forums is no surprise; as a developer myself I have no desire to get into fights with users all day, but I'm surprised they admitted that there's basically no-one working on FFXI. We all knew it of course, given that their timeline of updates ends next April when their new MMO is being announced. Sad to read though.

Yeah, it's sad that their MMO cash cow gets neglected while they blow millions of dollars (yen) fixing FFXIV, which may never recover from the bad start anyways.

Jump to Post

10.02.2011 5:50pm
Thread Creator

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

amaron said:

[quote="52"]You're not missing much.

I disagree in regards to what FFXI WAS. Now it's just an exercise in futility.
I spent a year of my life playing FFXI and I regret it immensely. Especially since I started playing World of Warcraft and realized MMO's could actually be fun instead of chores and exercises in futility.

Jump to Post

10.03.2011 2:41am

Zubis
Registered Member

FFXI has changed a great deal since 2010, but yeah, five years too late. 

Jump to Post

10.03.2011 2:47am

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

Zubis said:

FFXI has changed a great deal since 2010, but yeah, five years too late.� 
Yeah... it was needlessly difficult for way too long.

Jump to Post

10.03.2011 8:46pm

Rinoa
Night Star
Administrator

LOL @ how it takes 50 layers of people before anyone from the community team makes a response.

And a big fat response was written on how big fat responses like it takes 50 layers of people.

All that on company dollar.

There are better, more efficient methods of organizational structure.
There are better, more efficient ways of engaging and putting community involvement to use.
This is how you make better MMO games.

Japanese business structure just doesn't care to change, nor keep up with the rest of the world. This isn't the industrial age.

Rinoa.Nu

Jump to Post

10.04.2011 3:18am

Arckanghel
Pirate.

Rinoa said:

LOL @ how it takes 50 layers of people before anyone from the community team makes a response.

And a big fat response was written on how big fat responses like it takes 50 layers of people.

All that on company dollar.

There are better, more efficient methods of organizational structure.
There are better, more efficient ways of engaging and putting community involvement to use.
This is how you make better MMO games.

Japanese business structure just doesn't care to change, nor keep up with the rest of the world. This isn't the industrial age.

I'll agree there. The JP business structure was an example for the world a ways back. And it's all up in the textbooks these days. But it's a moment in history, and it hasn't moved in a positive direciton since.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter