Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Why Lightning Returns was delayed by 6 months.

< Prev 1 2 3 ... 16 Next >

06.13.2013 1:05am
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

Because they're giving her over 100 ****ing costumes.

https://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=587121

If there was any evidence that SE has too many artists on the team, that's it right there.

Jump to Post

06.13.2013 1:33am

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

Jump to Post

06.13.2013 2:31am

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

...Okay, it kind of made sense for Serah, but this is just ridiculous.  If she was an actual person, Lightning wouldn't be the type to go traipsing around in skimpy fanservice costumes.  It just doesn't fit her character.  Facepalm indeed.

Jump to Post

06.13.2013 2:57am

Dr Squirrel
medicine woman

It's gotta be for in game real money purchases.

but that purple dress looks incredible.

trust me, i'm a doctor

Jump to Post

06.13.2013 3:16am

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

Okay, I was cynical about that game at first, but after seeing that purple dress... I agree, she looks awesome in it.

I had to laugh at the miqo'te racial gear costume and Yuna's outfit though. :p What's next? Cloud's Wall Market dress?

Jump to Post

06.13.2013 3:27am

Fincher
Deep Water Horizon

The purple dress is great, but it's wasted on Lightning as far as I'm concerned.  If I get this game, it'll be in spite of her rather than because of her, so I can't say I care much about this.

Currently playing: Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box, Picross DS
Last played: Time Hollow (good)
Last watched: Agent Carter (very good)
Me on Favslist

Jump to Post

06.13.2013 3:58am

Cult of Personality
Insert witty remark here.

Oh for fuck's sake.

Jump to Post

06.13.2013 6:47am

Dr Squirrel
medicine woman

oh no yeah it's wasted on lightning but it still looks great.

imagine what that art team could do if it was used for actual content.  but that's not what square's about.

Jump to Post

06.13.2013 10:24am

Old Juan
filled with hate

Oh brother

Jump to Post

06.13.2013 10:34am

Kal
yes

A girl's gotta accessorize, right?

To be honest, at this point I'm surprised Square hasn't made a dating sim yet.

Jump to Post

06.13.2013 10:46am

The Hulk
Good Boy

Is FF13 some kind of religion in Japan or something?  Is Lightning worshipped as a diety?  I can't figure out why there is this insistence on her being the de facto face of Final Fantasy these days.  I just assumed the general apathy towards her was a worldwide thing.

Jump to Post

06.13.2013 11:09am

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

The Hulk said:

Is FF13 some kind of religion in Japan or something?  Is Lightning worshipped as a diety?  I can't figure out why there is this insistence on her being the de facto face of Final Fantasy these days.  I just assumed the general apathy towards her was a worldwide thing.

Honestly I don't think she is. I remember the Amazon Japan user rating for FFXIII it was 3/5 stars so hardly anything to write about.

Jump to Post

06.13.2013 11:39am

Fincher
Deep Water Horizon

The clue is in the game's Groundhog Day concept.  Square Enix has to keep making Final Fantasy XIII over and over again until they get it right.

Jump to Post

06.13.2013 5:19pm

Aquila
Usually lurking
Administrator

Cosplayer's wet dream.

Jump to Post

06.13.2013 7:24pm

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

Enkidoh said:

Okay, I was cynical about that game at first, but after seeing that purple dress... I agree, she looks awesome in it.

I had to laugh at the miqo'te racial gear costume and Yuna's outfit though. :p What's next? Cloud's Wall Market dress?

HAH. The Wall Market dress would be pretty fitting... because, you know. XD

Admittedly some of these costumes look pretty great.  I'm not digging the purple dress as much. The bottom half looks great but the top is weird.

But yeah, this is going to be a huge money grab by SE. And I was dumb enough to go for all the DLC for XIII-2. I guess I did end up using most of it, but still, wouldn't it be nice to have this shit be unlockable content in the game you already paid for?

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 ... 16 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter