Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Why Lightning Returns was delayed by 6 months.

< Prev 1 2 3 4 ... 16 Next >

06.13.2013 7:33pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Cult of Personality said:

Oh for fuck's sake.

Jump to Post

06.13.2013 7:44pm

Catastrophe
I'm Catbug!

kirbenvost said:

wouldn't it be nice to have this shit be unlockable content in the game you already paid for?

I've been saying that since DLC became a thing.

Jump to Post

06.13.2013 8:01pm
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

Not DLC apparently, if you have saves from 13 and 13-2 all 100 costumes are unlocked automatically.

Trying to find a source for this.

Jump to Post

06.13.2013 8:38pm

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

That would be a shocking suprise if true.

Jump to Post

06.13.2013 8:51pm

Sam Biscuits
Custard Creams

What are they thinking? Wouldn't have thought many people care about a third XIII instalment, much less 100 useless bloody dresses. Have S-E executives recently taken over Microsoft?

Jump to Post

06.13.2013 8:52pm

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

Sam Biscuits said:

What are they thinking? Wouldn't have thought many people care about a third XIII instalment, much less 100 useless bloody dresses. Have S-E executives recently taken over Microsoft?

S-E has been going on with this for a long time, actually.

Jump to Post

06.13.2013 9:11pm

Fincher
Deep Water Horizon

Apparantly it's a lot like the dress sphere system, where each outfit corresponds to a play style.

Currently playing: Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box, Picross DS
Last played: Time Hollow (good)
Last watched: Agent Carter (very good)
Me on Favslist

Jump to Post

06.13.2013 9:57pm

Catastrophe
I'm Catbug!

So basically it's FFXIII-Pretty Princess Dressup Edition then.

Jump to Post

06.13.2013 10:07pm

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

I don't think anyone would care if they hadn't given XIII-2 such a shitty ending.  YOU WIN THIS TIME, SE.

Jump to Post

06.14.2013 4:03am

Nelfichu
I've been there, hombre.

God damn I hate FF13.

Jump to Post

06.14.2013 10:26am

Murasame
HALE YEAH

Fincher said:

Apparantly it's a lot like the dress sphere system, where each outfit corresponds to a play style.

GUYS, SHUT UP, THIS COULD LITERALLY BE THE BEST THING
(if this isn't true, carry on)

Jump to Post

06.14.2013 10:44am

Fincher
Deep Water Horizon

I'm basing that off of this (my guess is that the purple dress is the one mentioned):

[font]http://www.polygon.com/2013/1/17/3886028/lightning-returns-solving-mysteries-and-changing-outfits-in-the[/font]

Players will be able to change which combat options are available for mapping to the buttons by changing Lightning's "style" â?? or, more specifically, her outfit. The styles have names that are reminiscent of options from the previous Final Fantasy 13 paradigm system â?? equilibrium, sorceress, crescent moon, etc. â?? but they're tied directly to what Lightning is wearing. A melee focused class might include the bulky Valkyrie armor from the game's promos, while one of the magic-centric classes shows off Lightning in a surprisingly tasteful, elegant full-body dress.

Though it may sound something like Final Fantasy 10-2's dress sphere system, the styles in Lightning Returns are actually more customizable than anything from previous Final Fantasy games, both visually and in terms of gameplay. Players will be able to alter the color of each costume, and when you equip one, you can choose from a long list of possible skills to map alongside it. New skills will be purchased from shops, and it looks like there will be tons to choose from.

Jump to Post

06.14.2013 12:27pm

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

Basically the whole system is just an excuse for Toriyama to dress up Lightning. I don't really mind costume changes when they are not called custome. I would rather have actual pieces of armor as a way to change the look of your heroes.

Imagine if you played the 16-Bit FF games FFIV, FFV, and FFVI and imagine how cool it would be to see Cecil wear his Crystal/Ragnarock Armor for the first time. I'd really like to see Square use that  in a more practical way.

Jump to Post

06.14.2013 6:58pm

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

It would be cool to have them make more sense, battle-wise.  But it does sound kind of fun if they actually do serve a purpose other than 'Let's dress up Lightning!'.

Jump to Post

06.14.2013 8:20pm

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

I love how some people are referring to the game as "Toriyama's Waifu Returns"

:D

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 4 ... 16 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter