Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Why Lightning Returns was delayed by 6 months.

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 ... 16 Next >

06.14.2013 8:58pm

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

Despite the real intentions of the Dress Sphere Grid, the battle system itself in X-2 was, in my opinion, very fun, and the dress sphere grid only helped enhance it.

At least, that's my opinion.

Jump to Post

06.14.2013 9:18pm

Testament
Shamshot

Nobody puts Lightning in the corner.

Jump to Post

06.15.2013 7:04pm

Darth Howie
Darthpool
Administrator

Oh, goodie!

Woe unto he who tries to be helpful, for upon him shall be lain the burdens of all.

- Squall 15:11

Jump to Post

06.16.2013 7:09pm

SuperSquall
Shortening His Posts

I want to know who at Square Enix thinks Lightning is a good character.  What makes them think we like her?

Jump to Post

06.17.2013 6:05pm

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

Cuz she's a badass?  Seriously, I don't know.  She's pretty unlikeable for the majority of her screentime.

Jump to Post

06.17.2013 6:09pm

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

I like Lightning!

Mainly because she punches Snow often and I hate Snow with a passion.

Jump to Post

06.17.2013 6:32pm

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

That is true.

Jump to Post

06.17.2013 6:34pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

I liked Lightning, despite being an asshole.

But then I liked Vanille too, so many might think my standards are a little off.

Jump to Post

06.17.2013 7:23pm

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

SuperSquall said:

I want to know who at Square Enix thinks Lightning is a good character.  What makes them think we like her?

I don't know really. I remember commenting about this in another FF site pointing out reasons why I don't her interesting, likable, or strong.

It resulted in some fan that started defending her and calling me a a "pu**y", a "b****", a "big baby", I should just keep on "jack*** off". If that guy was a representation of the FFXIII/Lightning fanbase, and the source of her popularity, probably isn't the most articulate of fans.

Jump to Post

06.17.2013 8:47pm

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Lightning is the least offensive of what is a putrid cast of characters in FFXIII.

Jump to Post

06.17.2013 8:56pm

Darth Howie
Darthpool
Administrator

Sazh?

Jump to Post

06.17.2013 9:36pm

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

I liked Sazh and Fang enough to wish they belonged in another game.

Jump to Post

06.17.2013 10:40pm

Fincher
Deep Water Horizon

I liked Sazh until...

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
he found out Vanille's secret and almost straight up murdered her.  Let's think about this for a second...

1.  He's been travelling with Vanille and become friends with her.

2.  Vanille didn't do anything in the video he was shown, Fang did.

3.  Fang had no way of knowing what would happen to his son.

4.  Fang didn't actually do it to his son, that Fal'Cie did.

But it's okay, Sazh decided at the last minute that he shouldn't shoot Vanille in the head because...she's a teenager.  Yes, that is why you shouldn't murder your friend.  Good job.  Surely you are the voice of reason.  And did you notice how quickly he got over it and went back to being friends with her after wanting to kill her?

It was frustrating because up to that point in the story, Sazh had been the voice of reason.  What I half-expected, what would have happened if the writing were actually good, was for Sazh to take the gun, act like he was going to chase Vanille down and kill her, and then find her and say, "Come on, Vanille.  We got to get the fuck out of here."

Lightning was a bitch, but she wasn't a very well executed bitch, and she certainly wasn't a consistent one.  Beyond a certain point in the game, they just forgot she was supposed to be a bitch and started having her spout the same sort of heroic speeches as the rest of the party.  Are we supposed to believe that she got a personality transplant from traveling with these people?  Even though having a sister didn't stop her from being a bitch?  Even though, despite being a soldier, she didn't remotely care that she had to turn on her country and kill her fellow soldiers, and in fact chastized Hope for caring about it? But now she's a great Final Fantasy hero that everyone's supposed to love, so...Lightning!  Yay!

Fang is the only party member I liked.

Currently playing: Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box, Picross DS
Last played: Time Hollow (good)
Last watched: Agent Carter (very good)
Me on Favslist

Jump to Post

06.18.2013 3:56am

Scribe
The Taru

Fang was the only good thing that came out of FFXIII.

Jump to Post

06.18.2013 7:31pm

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

I liked Fang, Vanille and Sazh, but yeah... they're all kind of stupid and poorly written.  At least Noel and Serah were more consistent in XIII-2.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 ... 16 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter