Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Your favorite FF CGI sequence.

< Prev 1 2 3 Next >

07.22.2013 4:50am
Thread Creator

Scribe
The Taru

Please only post one at a time guys so the lag is low.

Jump to Post

07.22.2013 5:20am
 (Edited on 07.22.2013 at 1:53pm)

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

Yes it's technically a trailer, but it did send FFXIV 1.0 off with a bang (and oh what a mighty bang it was! Ever since the original shutdown, I've watched this so many times. And this version,  included extra footage after Louisoix's date with Megaflare showing the state of Eorzea five years later, and what happened to 'Derplander' and his party. ;)

Still probably one of the best CGI scenes SE has done for the series in a while. :)

EDIT: hurrah! It worked! Thanks for that Arckanghel. :D

Jump to Post

07.22.2013 11:38am

Arckanghel
Pirate.

The video still looks pretty amazing after all this time. With wonderful music. And at the time it was almost shocking to see such beauty in CGI on Playstation. Best opening to a game I can remember.

SIDENOTE: To embed YouTube videos, you use the YouTube tags like you would an image and place only the video ID between them, which is the very last part of the URL. If you click "Share" on YouTube and look at the shortened URL it will be the string of letters and number after the slash. For example the video above.

Regular URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw55ClfeF1g
Shorterned URL found under share: https://youtu.be/mw55ClfeF1g
Video ID ---> mw55ClfeF1g

The resulting embed code being [ youtube ]mw55ClfeF1g[/youtube]

Jump to Post

07.22.2013 12:06pm

Kal
yes

^Yeah the FF8 opening sequence is all sorts of epic. 

Okay it's a little cheating cause it's several FMVs put together, but that whole sequence was so epic. This is the kind of epic fantasy stuff that's been missing from FF games for a very long time.

Jump to Post

07.22.2013 2:03pm

shadowphoenix
It all ends with beginnings...

Jump to Post

07.22.2013 2:18pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

The FF8 opening has yet to be beat.

Jump to Post

07.22.2013 4:16pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

The FF8 ballroom scene.  Maybe it's mostly nostalgia, but I just couldn't stop rewatching it!

Jump to Post

07.22.2013 4:22pm

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

Jump to Post

07.22.2013 5:13pm

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

Nostalgia + great opening intro. You know what I am talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT12DW2Fm9M

PS: How do you embed vidoes here?

Jump to Post

07.22.2013 6:30pm

Cameron
Registered Member

One of my favorites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSSU5b_7P9c

Jump to Post

07.22.2013 7:09pm

Nelfichu
I've been there, hombre.

Scribe said:

Please only post one at a time guys so the lag is low.

[Crisis Core video]

Man, this video just reminded me of how much I loved the gameplay of Crisis Core but hated the fanboy pandering. Epic swordfight on the Junon Cannon. Sephiroth's theme song. 4 minutes of sword-smacking and throwing fireballs. Not to mention the sparring with real swords, stupid poetic quotes, and shoehorning in another super soldier (Genesis) that no one ever mentions in the original game. That's pretty much the case for most of Compilation of FF7, but it's a real shame with Crisis Core because the game is really fucking fun.

Jump to Post

07.22.2013 7:19pm

Darth Howie
Darthpool
Administrator

FFVIII opening. Just the right blend of great visuals, obvious and subtle foreshadowing and fantastic music.

Woe unto he who tries to be helpful, for upon him shall be lain the burdens of all.

- Squall 15:11

Jump to Post

07.22.2013 9:56pm

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

^ Another vote for the FFVIII opening.  Really dramatic and epic without being ridiculously over the top like most of the FMVs are nowadays.  Still gives me chills after all these years.

Same with the FFVII opening, which would be my second place.  Bonus points for the end FMV in Crisis Core basically being a remaster of it.  Those first few notes, interspersed with the sound of the train, Aerith gazing into the Lifestream... you watch that and you just know you're in for something epic. 
Nelfichu said:

Man, this video just reminded me of how much I loved the gameplay of Crisis Core but hated the fanboy pandering. Epic swordfight on the Junon Cannon. Sephiroth's theme song. 4 minutes of sword-smacking and throwing fireballs. Not to mention the sparring with real swords, stupid poetic quotes, and shoehorning in another super soldier (Genesis) that no one ever mentions in the original game. That's pretty much the case for most of Compilation of FF7, but it's a real shame with Crisis Core because the game is really fucking fun.

Yeah, it was kind of stupid in parts but still awesome.  IMO it was the best thing to come out of the Compilation, and I still like the rest of it.

Jump to Post

07.22.2013 10:10pm

Kal
yes

Say what you will about FFX, the world design was absolutely gorgeous.

Jump to Post

07.23.2013 1:26am
 (Edited on 07.23.2013 at 1:33am)

Amer
pew pew pew

FFVIII opening, etc. all great and obvious answers. 

This scene from X has always had a special place for me: 

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter