Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Your favorite FF CGI sequence.

07.23.2013 11:03am

Blayze
Registered Member

The anthology opening of VI is a favourite of mine, and as this was the first version of VI I ever played, I can't imagine the game without this opening video

Jump to Post

07.23.2013 12:32pm

Arckanghel
Pirate.

shooter_mcgavin said:

Nostalgia + great opening intro. You know what I am talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT12DW2Fm9M

PS: How do you embed vidoes here?

Check the bottom of my post with the FFVIII Opening for instructions for embedding.

Yuna's sending dance has always had a place in my heart. It's like the moment when the whole idea sort of hits home with all the death and sendings and constant destruction.

There was a scene in FFXII that I really enjoyed near the beginning where Balthier & Fran enter on a flying vehicle in grand style. It was a really awesome and epic scene that when it came down to it had little to do with the rest of the game. For that one moment hey were so much more bad ass and sky pirate than they ever would be. Can't seem to find the scene though.

Jump to Post

07.23.2013 1:34pm

shadowphoenix
It all ends with beginnings...

Jump to Post

07.25.2013 4:09am

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

Blayze said:

The anthology opening of VI is a favourite of mine, and as this was the first version of VI I ever played, I can't imagine the game without this opening video

Oh yeah, that one was great.  Same for me, first version played.

Jump to Post

07.25.2013 4:51am

Nelfichu
I've been there, hombre.

Blayze said:

Yup, and I loved the ending video as well, which has my favorite version of Celes' Theme (the humming one). It pissed me off that that song was never released anywhere.

Jump to Post

07.25.2013 7:27am

maximus asinus
Registered Member

another vote for FFVIII opening

Jump to Post

07.26.2013 12:35am

FenixDown
The King's orders are absolute

I'd say my top three were already covered with FFVIII's Opening, Yuna's Sending, and the FFVI Anthologies intro, but I do also like the intro video for FFIV DS/PSP:

Let's Play Chrono Trigger
Let's Play The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past
Let's Play Final Fantasy VI

Jump to Post

07.26.2013 2:28am
Thread Creator

Scribe
The Taru

FenixDown said:

I'd say my top three were already covered with FFVIII's Opening, Yuna's Sending, and the FFVI Anthologies intro, but I do also like the intro video for FFIV DS/PSP:

That one was covered too lol

Jump to Post

09.01.2013 6:45pm

SplittinAdam
Eu sunt Dracul

This is still mine.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D2buy7ka5w.  The music, the determination... I've always loved this scene.

Now, as I look back I see the crooked path that I had been set upon all those years before, leading me inexorably to this moment. I can still see her face in my mind's eye, poor dear Laura, such a sad tale is ours. A tale of heroes who strove to save humanity only to lose our own.

Jump to Post

09.01.2013 8:12pm

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

Watching that FFIV video again ... anyone wonder why we never got to have a real fight with Golbez?

Jump to Post

09.01.2013 11:25pm

Lexx
I know how they work

Dat Vivi

Jump to Post

09.01.2013 11:32pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

Bahamut v. Alexander -- FFIX
Yuna performing the Sending in Kilika --FFX
Floating in outer space -- FFVIII

Jump to Post

09.02.2013 2:55am

Som
Genitals are Funny

Kal said:

Okay it's a little cheating cause it's several FMVs put together, but that whole sequence was so epic. This is the kind of epic fantasy stuff that's been missing from FF games for a very long time.
THis is the first and only i lost my shit to a FF cutscene.  My teenage mind just couldn't  comprehend how awesome it was.

There have been cutscenes in other games i've liked more, but this is still the best cutscene from a FF game for me.

Jump to Post

09.02.2013 10:34am
 (Edited on 09.02.2013 at 10:48am)

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

still gets me everytime

but you guys all posted great ones!! ah...memories. that ff7 parachuting scene is so epic...

Jump to Post

09.02.2013 11:36am

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

I really can't decide between FFVIII's opening and FFIX's Bahamut vs Alexander.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter