Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  General Discussion

4G questions

< Prev 1 2 Next >

10.29.2011 3:45am

Amer
pew pew pew

Airplane mode pretty much cuts all connections to your phone. No data, no wifi, no phone calls. You can play games and use apps that don't require a connection and the like. Some phones let you compose texts and emails and saves them utnil you get reconnected again. 

Jump to Post

10.30.2011 6:08pm

Sei'taer
lost

There are carriers with actuall unlimited plans out there.

The problem with 4g right now is that I have to pay extra for it but I can't get it anywhere.

Jump to Post

10.30.2011 10:49pm

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

Sei'taer said:

There are carriers with actuall unlimited plans out there.

The problem with 4g right now is that I have to pay extra for it but I can't get it anywhere.

Sprint's phone data is still unlmited in network within reason (IE if you run 15GB< constantly every month they will cut service) unless you tether then tethering you get 5gb

Everyone else is ether a 2gb or 5gb plan with overage or slowdown

The thing is unless you are steaming music or video 24/7 with no Wifi its hard as fuck to go over 5gbs.

My plan is 5gb and I usally run about .8 to 1GB a month and that is with tethering my Tablet every once in a while.

Buggle Up! Danger! Danger! (Genocide!) Death the Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!

Jump to Post

10.31.2011 1:41am

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

Sprint will be dropping their unlimited plan soon, and unlike other carriers, will not grandfather previous unlimited plans, either.

Jump to Post

10.31.2011 3:57am

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

They have only announced dropping unlimted for tethering, but im sure it going to be dropped for everyone soon.

Jump to Post

10.31.2011 2:36pm
Thread Creator

noclist
Chalky Studebaker

Well, according to Onavo I've used 6.6 MB after 3 days with the phone. So I think 2GB just might be enough.

Jump to Post

10.31.2011 3:39pm

Amer
pew pew pew

Be sure to try to compare Onavo's usage to your carrier's usage stats if possible. 

Onavao only tracks your usage once you've installed it and it's on. So that 6.6mb is what Onavo has tracked, it's not going to pick up any usage from before then, etc. 

It's really useful once you hit the beginning of that next pay cycle and you can compare onavo's usage to your carrier's. 

Jump to Post

10.31.2011 3:46pm
Thread Creator

noclist
Chalky Studebaker

Got it, thanks for the info. I installed Onavo pretty much right after I purchased the phone so hopefully it's pretty accurate, although I'm not too worried if it's close 6mb give or take. When you compare Onavo to your carrier's usage have you found it's accurate?

Jump to Post

10.31.2011 4:51pm

Amer
pew pew pew

So far, it seems like it. Unfortunately I had used over 200mb+ of data before I installed it and I didn't write down what my "starting point" should be before I installed Onavo. It at least seems to be in the ballpark. I can let you know more on 11/15 when my next billing cycle starts. 

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter