Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  General Discussion

Awesome Games Done Quick 2013

01.10.2013 2:55am
Thread Creator

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

Do it, Spidey! 

They finally knocked out Die Hard on stream.  For such a shitty game it's so fun watching them attempt a run. 

Also, just bought my FF9 shirt.  I agree it isn't as awesome as the FF6 design but still, I had to have it. 

Aweful Games Done Quick starts tonight.  For those of you who have never seen Earnest Evans in action, you simply must watch.  It's like QWOP meets Castlevania; Uyama should have it done in under 15 minutes easy so it's a short watch.

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

01.10.2013 7:34am

Ashilyn
Career GM

Oh boy, it's time for SOnic 06 and Shadow The Hedgehog! This should be hilarious XD

Jump to Post

01.10.2013 10:30am

JSG
Registered Member

Sonic 2006 is the most entertaining speedrun I've ever watched.

Jump to Post

01.10.2013 8:15pm

Vyers
Dark Adonis

Shit really?

I clicked on to watch and when I saw Sonic 2006 on with Shadow NEXT I turned off the stream.

Jump to Post

01.10.2013 8:51pm

Thirdtwin
It's you guys' fault

It was beautiful.  Seeing Silver basically ignore almost every boundary and skip all the stupid puzzles and mandatory fights was hilarious.  Shadow was basically "get to checkpoint, win stage" five stagesin a row, with an added bonus of "killing a boss in six seconds with a minigun."

TT

Jump to Post

01.10.2013 9:22pm

Ashilyn
Career GM

Awful Games Done Quick gives new life to really terrible games, it's always a must watch. The atmosphere, banter, and commentary makes shit like Sonic 06 and Earnest Evans pretty amazing. Sub-Terrania's race was pretty hilarious too. I passed out somewhere during the middle of Blaster Master 2, but that run was godlike because of the pure unbridled rage UraniumAnchor has for that game.

TimeCop, though .That game was glorious. Best ending ever. Also best animations ever.

Jump to Post

01.11.2013 12:55pm
Thread Creator

Crono

Mr. K and Hurblat are doing 2 player Contra 3 on one controller again... so badass.

Jump to Post

01.11.2013 7:17pm

Ashilyn
Career GM

Ugh, I as hoping ot miss most of FFIX. Ah well, at least the awesome Zelda block is next. Watching Zelda games get broken over runner's knees is always fun.

Jump to Post

01.11.2013 11:31pm
Thread Creator

Crono

Yeah, as much as I love playing FF IX I'm not much of a fan of watching it, even speedrun.  This is the first FF from a marathon that I won't watch the whole thing, maybe just an hour or two. 

I still can't believe they already hit $250k and still more than a day to go.  Siglemic and Cosmo generally have thousands of viewers watching just their streams when they run SM64 and Wind Waker respectively so I'm guessing those will be two big money games tomorrow.

I'm so glad they got an audio mixer for the marathons finally.  For those of you who didn't watch before whenever they would laugh or clap it would translate into bleeding ears; probably the only negative thing about the marathons past.

Jump to Post

01.12.2013 4:23am

Crisium
N/A

I'm so gonna donate when Siglemic is playing.

Jump to Post

01.12.2013 5:59am

JSG
Registered Member

Vyers said:

Shit really?

I clicked on to watch and when I saw Sonic 2006 on with Shadow NEXT I turned off the stream.

Mostly for all the donation comments just shit-talking the game.  And the stream shit-talking it.

...and the runner himself constantly saying how horrible it is while he plays.  And the ending segment where they watched all the story cutscenes was fucking amazing.

The game itself wasn't the fun part at all.

Jump to Post

01.12.2013 6:33am

Zet
Registered Member

^The anticipation for what the "The Box" was kept me watching.

Jump to Post

01.12.2013 6:51am

Ashilyn
Career GM

The Box was amazing. Particularly since that game uses Havoc Physics, a solid, widely and expertly used physics engine... and Sonic 06 still managed to totally fuck it up.

Jump to Post

01.13.2013 12:14am

Milky Ore
Kickin' it old school

They just hit $400k

Wowowow.  Go gamers, go!

Jump to Post

01.14.2013 4:42am

Ashilyn
Career GM

You'd think the end of the marathon would mean I'd be free. But no, the bonus stream goes until Wednesday, and they've done some fun games today. My productivity is shot this week T_T

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter