Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  General Discussion

Best Karaoke Songs

< Prev 1 2 Next >

01.24.2012 8:21pm
Thread Creator

grey_haven
Formerly known as 'Trekster'

I'm going karaoke singing this weekend and am looking for some fresh ideas. I'm wanting some crowd pleases that aren't necessarily picked all that often. The kind that makes the crowd go "Oh, yeah, I forgot about that. This IS a good song!" I've gotten good responses from The Final Countdown, Stayin' Alive, Dani California and Wanted Dead or Alive. Less than good responses from Living on a Prayer, Eye of the Tiger and others, I'm guessing because they're played more often.

So, FFS, what were your best and worst karaoke experiences?

Jump to Post

01.25.2012 1:51am

Nelfichu
I've been there, hombre.

A Whole New World, Aladdin.

Jump to Post

01.25.2012 2:36am

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

Loved doing karaoke while I was on a cruise several years ago.  Though I must admit I don't remember what songs I did outside of YMCA I did one time with a bunch of guys.

Recently, when in Florida, I did a Bon Jovi song.

Jump to Post

01.25.2012 3:07am

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

Walk by Pantera.  DO IT NOW.

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

01.25.2012 5:07am

Milky Ore
Kickin' it old school

Assuming this is bar karaoke?  Depends on the age of the crowd too.  25-30, Hands Down will please the ladies.  A little older, you can probably go with a Smashing Pumpkins classic like 1979, Tonight Tonight, or, if you think you can pull it off, Bullet with Butterfly Wings.

Jump to Post

01.25.2012 6:32am

Ashilyn
Career GM

How ahs no one mentioned Don't Stop Believin' yet?

n/m didn't read the first post close enough. How about Friday I'm In Love by the Cure or something by Blondie?

Jump to Post

01.25.2012 1:08pm

Kal
yes

Every time I go karaoke (which is probably once every other year)... I write my name down for Don't Stop me now.. After a couple notes I remember I'm not Freddy friggin Mercury.

Jump to Post

01.25.2012 1:18pm
Thread Creator

grey_haven

That happens to me sometimes. I remember once I sang Cary on my Wayward Son and was doing okay until I hit "but I hear the voices say" and my voice squeaked in a Mickey Mouse kinda way. Everyone laughed and so did I, but it shattered my confidence for the rest of the song. I made up for it with an air-guitar solo, but vowed from then on, I'd pick my songs more carefully.

Jump to Post

01.25.2012 1:26pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Cake's version of I Will Survive may not be the most appropriate for you, Trek (well, maybe), but goddamn if it isn't super singable without having to have a singing voice, sicne the Cake guy basically just talks with notes half the time.

Jump to Post

01.25.2012 4:13pm

Milky Ore
Kickin' it old school

Oh, if you want the easiest song to karaoke of all time (but still a song most people love), Save Tonight by Eagle Eye Cherry. 

Kal said:

Every time I go karaoke (which is probably once every other year)... I write my name down for Don't Stop me now.. After a couple notes I remember I'm not Freddy friggin Mercury.

Yeah, I also had to learn the hard way not to choose Stairway to Heaven or Sweet Child of Mine.  >.>

Jump to Post

01.25.2012 4:48pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

We Are the Champions
American Pie
Summer of '69
Hot for Teacher

Regardless whether you like the songs or artists, you can't deny that these are killer karaoke tunes.

Jump to Post

01.25.2012 7:00pm

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Phantom of the opera
Creep by Radiohead

Both songs are hilarious in a karaoke setting

Jump to Post

01.26.2012 7:29am

Megz
Capital M before egz

Your the voice, John Farnham is a nicely singable song.

Sugar. Short AND sweet.

Jump to Post

01.26.2012 3:23pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

A song that never seems to be sung that much but pretty much everyone will join in whether they like it or not: Oasis - Wonderwall

Jump to Post

01.26.2012 3:53pm
Thread Creator

grey_haven

That's probably a pretty good lady pleaser. And I think I can sing better than the Oasis guy...

Spidey, I actually did do Phantom of the Opera as a duet once...the audience was not receptive at all. :(

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter