Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  General Discussion

Bombing in Boston.

< Prev 1 2 3 4 Next >

04.16.2013 6:43am
Thread Creator

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

So that was pretty crazy what happened today.
If we have any members from the Boston area I hope you and your loved ones are ok.

Jump to Post

04.16.2013 7:05am

Crux
A mental Dentist's office

Very crazy indeed.

And what's odder is that none have claimed that it was their doing. Perhaps we have a psychopath that doesn't want to feed their ego with infamy?

In any case it's still early and there may still be evidence left to gather. I just hope that the people caught in the blast get better.

Jump to Post

04.16.2013 7:32am

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

I know that Sanna was worried about a couple of relatives, poor thing.

Jump to Post

04.16.2013 8:12am

ManjiSanji
Insanity Mongoose

It's terrible, but I'm boggled most by the reason.  What the heck was the target here?  What was the point?

Jump to Post

04.16.2013 2:32pm

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

Probably whoever did it, did it just for attention-seeking, knowing that all the cameras were there. It is still a horrible thing to have happened. I'm glad I don't have any personal US friends who live in Boston, so I know they'd be safe, but that's no consolation for those affected by this.

And Sanna, I hope your relatives are safe. :(

Jump to Post

04.16.2013 4:01pm

Zubis
Registered Member

ManjiSanji said:

It's terrible, but I'm boggled most by the reason.  What the heck was the target here?  What was the point?

FBI seem to be handling it at this point, and CIA say no more attacks are expected, so domestic I guess? Just some crazy bomber?

Jump to Post

04.16.2013 5:31pm

Catastrophe
I'm Catbug!

When I first heard about it, for some reason I immediately thought about the bombing at the Atlanta Olympics in 1996.

...and it looks like I'm not the only one:

USA Today Article

Huffington Post Article

I'm going to guess that this was a home-grown terror attack, since as far as we know, no known terrorist cells have laid claim to the attack.

Either way, it's sickening that it happened and it's a terrible tragedy.

Jump to Post

04.16.2013 7:26pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Yeah, my guess is lone psychopath or domestic terrorist org. member. Really doubt it's anyone like Al Qaeda. Usually the foreign terrorist networks are clamoring all over themselves to claim responsibility even if they weren't behind the bombings.

Also there's this thing on Twitter/Facebook with sharing a picture/retweeting of a little girl running claiming that the picture was of the 8 year old killed and that she was running for Sandy Hook victims. This is complete bullshit. The 8 year old killed was a boy and a spectator. Don't share or retweet that picture.

Jump to Post

04.16.2013 8:01pm
Thread Creator

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

I hate how when a disaster like this happens everyone's so quick to point fingers.
This must be right wing terrorism, No this has to be a false flag operation set up by the Obama adminstration to stop people from buying.......bombs? This is clearly Left wing terrorism. No wait this was done by that ex police officer who died in that burning cabin in California. No wait this was done by Muslim terrorists.

Why can't we wait until we get more conclusive evidence?

The CIA says their not expecting more attacks? If this bomber got away with this one why wouldn't they try again?

Jump to Post

04.16.2013 9:34pm

Zubis
Registered Member

God, those bombs were vicious - packed with ball bearings and nails.

Jump to Post

04.16.2013 9:37pm

Lexx
I know how they work

I think it's perfectly natural for people to wonder who's responsible.  It's when news people start airing their speculation as fact that we have a problem.

I really hope they catch whoever did this.  The fact that so far no one has claimed responsibility makes me think it's homegrown.  But, on the other hand, no one claimed responsibility for 9/11 either.

Jump to Post

04.16.2013 11:03pm

Mole
Somebody loves ya.

My feeling was always that this was domestic, only because Patriots Day and the Marathon are such specific local institutions.

All of this is terrible and I hate it. I've walked down that street probably thousands of times in my life, the last time was three days ago when I checked out a book at the library. That was right across the street from the first blast, you can see it in all the pictures. I still have the book.

I never thought this would happen in my home. My biggest fears never led me to believe that the place I work and eat and grew up in would be attacked. I still don't know how to make sense of this, in twelve years nothing has prepared me for this. I don't know.

Jump to Post

04.16.2013 11:36pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

The Yankees are showing a lot of class tonight. They're going to play Sweet Caroline (a song that has a lot of association with Boston's Fenway Park the last couple of decades) at the end of the 3rd inning and this image is being shown outside Yankee Stadium.

Boston showed a lot of support for the Yankees and New York after Sept. 11th. Glad we were able to return the favor in some way when they have to deal with this terrible situation.

Jump to Post

04.17.2013 3:23am

Catastrophe
I'm Catbug!

This picture will rip your heart from your chest:

This is Martin Richard, the little boy who died doing nothing more than watching the runners go by. To paraphrase something I saw online, remember Martin Richard's name, and Krystle Campbell's name and the as yet unnamed Chinese woman who were all killed by a heartless, gutless monster. And when we find out just who committed this horrible act of terrorism, forget their name as quickly as you learn it.

Spare a thought, as well,  for the heroes of this horrific event from Carlos Arredondo, who helped save a young man's life to those who are as yet unknown who also helped out immediately after the explosions occurred.

And for people who were heroes in their own ways like Bill Iffrig, the elderly man who was knocked over by the first explosion but then got up and crossed the finish line simply wanting to finish the race, and perhaps without planning to do so, refusing to be terrorized.

Sorry for sounding preachy, but I just can't get over what happened and every time I think about it, I get choked up and the tears flow. I might be hundreds of miles from Boston, but I'm still human.

Jump to Post

04.19.2013 1:35am

Mole
Somebody loves ya.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 4 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter