Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  General Discussion

Earthquake in the Philippines

< Prev 1 2 Next >

08.31.2012 4:07pm
Thread Creator

Magicjewel
Dr. Fantabulous
Administrator

Magnitude 7.6

Everyone ok?

"Well, your brain seems to work a little bit." -- Rune Walsh, Phantasy Star IV.

Jump to Post

09.02.2012 5:30pm

Soul Hunter
Ambitious but rubbish
Administrator

It happened too far south to affect us directly, if you don't count the tsunami warning.  But then we're also geographically protected from tsunamis.  I'm good here and I'm sure Indy is, too.  Hope I could say the same about the people who were affected.

Thanks for asking, MJ ;)

Jump to Post

09.03.2012 12:17am

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

I actually didn't know there was an earthquake since I was too busy working, although friends in some parts of the city say they felt a slight tremor.

===

"Plans? What plans? I'm making this up as I go!"

Jump to Post

09.03.2012 4:01am

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

Soul Hunter said:

It happened too far south to affect us directly, if you don't count the tsunami warning.  But then we're also geographically protected from tsunamis.  I'm good here and I'm sure Indy is, too.  Hope I could say the same about the people who were affected.

Thanks for asking, MJ ;)

Yeah I didn't even notice, then I guess it happened far from where I'm from. Granted hope the victims get the proper assistance they need. I

Jump to Post

09.03.2012 4:13am

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

Wow didn't realize there were so many people here from the philippines. Glad you doods are ok.

Jump to Post

09.03.2012 4:20am

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

I just realized that the damages were minor ... guess that's the reason why I didn't hear it on CNN (but I guess there's more coverage about the RNC than anything this week).

Jump to Post

09.03.2012 5:55am

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

Really the philippines cares about the RNC?

Jump to Post

09.03.2012 6:16am

Jaran
I'm going to try SCIENCE!

No, but CNN does

Jump to Post

09.03.2012 7:35am

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

I'm glad you guys didn't even feel it, I didn't know there was an earthquake, and after being in California for so long, unless it is a catastrophic one and right under my feet, news of earthquakes around me don't even make me bat an eyelash.

Jump to Post

09.03.2012 11:35am

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

Id82 said:

Really the philippines cares about the RNC?

Probably not but I do recall during the 2008 Presidential Elections I think every country was polled who they want as President. Only two countries picked John McCain over Obama they were Georgia and The Philippines. While Obama won most of the other countries while there were some that were tied.

So I guess The Philippines leans slightly more republican than Democratic?

Yeah I am the master of useless information.

Jump to Post

09.03.2012 4:53pm

Soul Hunter
Ambitious but rubbish
Administrator

Mavilu said:

I'm glad you guys didn't even feel it, I didn't know there was an earthquake, and after being in California for so long, unless it is a catastrophic one and right under my feet, news of earthquakes around me don't even make me bat an eyelash.

Haha, Californians wake up to an earthquake, say "It's not even a four-pointer," and then go right back to sleep.

Jump to Post

09.03.2012 4:58pm
Thread Creator

Magicjewel
Dr. Fantabulous
Administrator

Excellent.  The story said the damage was minor, but I wanted to make sure none of our folks had any.

I guess everyone was more concerned about the natural disast-- I mean RNC in FL around that time. 

Jump to Post

09.03.2012 7:22pm

Sanna
What a Tedious fight!

Glad to hear you all are okay!

Ahahaha, MJ, that made me giggle.

Jump to Post

09.04.2012 12:00am

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

Soul Hunter said:

Haha, Californians wake up to an earthquake, say "It's not even a four-pointer," and then go right back to sleep.
And to think I watched that movie right before coming here and thinking "californians must be crazy O_o".

Jump to Post

09.04.2012 4:01am

Milky Ore
Kickin' it old school

It's true.  I think 6 pointer earthquakes are fun.  Maybe if we had another 8 pointer that'd be a little frightening, but below that, it's about as frightening to me as a kiddie ride at Disneyland.

But back on subject -- glad everyone is safe and sound. :)

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter