Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  General Discussion

FFS Time Capsule

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8 Next >

10.24.2012 10:37am
 (Edited on 10.24.2012 at 12:24pm)

Vyers
Dark Adonis

I remember posting in that thread Trek, does anyone have my message to myself? :-o

Jump to Post

10.24.2012 12:19pm

Megz
Capital M before egz

Past self is communicating with present you in the future!

Hows the job going, given that funding is secure for next year and you have a permanent contract you're set for the moment! 

I thought I was set - 2 weeks ago you found out about a big ol' restructure. You had a pretty good interview today though but Fi is interviewing fro that same role tomorrow. You're in for a whole lot of work and stress in your work. Have fun with that.

What did you end up trimming the beard back to for Movember? 

The epicly aweful chopstache in the end... Silly past me. 

How's Korby doing? At the moment you're getting him 1 day most weekends which isn't too bad. 

Korby is great, he's keeping out of trouble and is really well behaved for you which is awesome. You get him most weekends for the whole kit and kaboodle these days which is pretty excting.

What became of you and Sophie, did you ever manage to make something work? I hope future you makes something happen!

Nay, we're just friends in spite of everything. she's changed though and is following her dreams so I guess that's something!

So future you:

What happened in the end with work - did you get offered the job at the uni or did you get offered the job at the South Pacific academy. Or. Heaven forbid, did you reapply and stick with your old position?

How much more has wee Korby grown? Did he go to Kindy this year?

Did you find yourself a girl at all? I know you're busy right now and are always on the go it seems but it'd be nice if you'd made an effort.

Did you manage to lose a bit of weight? Might wanna make sure you do to make sure you can move up a grade or two fro hockey.

Sugar. Short AND sweet.

Jump to Post

10.24.2012 12:56pm
Thread Creator

grey_haven
Formerly known as 'Trekster'

Vyers said:

I remember posting in that thread Trek, does anyone have my message to myself? :-o

Sorry, don't see anything. :( Guess you'll have to try for 2013...

Jump to Post

10.24.2012 3:38pm

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

All in all it's been a good year.  If I had to ask myself for next year...

Does the concept of having kids still make you want to vomit? Kind of.  I'm a little more open to having kids but I don't know that I trust this girl as a mother now. 
Did you start hanging out with your kid sister more often now that she lives closer?  Some, but not as much as I should. 
Refinance the house?  Yup!  Probably one of the few good things to happen this year. 

2012 has been a really shitty year for me.  In light of that, I ask 2013 myself:

Has your gf regained her sanity or did you end up kicking her out?
Have things finally settled down at work since the restructure?  I can't imagine it will take more than a year to fix everything.
Mom still alive and kicking?  Did you spread Dad's ashes yet?
How's the right knee?

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

10.24.2012 9:05pm

Free Spirit
Zetta Member

Hmm...I guess I didn't do this last year, but I swear I did it the year before that!  Oh well, the only question I would have asked that would have actually happened is "Did you go back to school yet?"  and the answer is now "YES!"

Jump to Post

10.26.2012 1:25pm

Magicjewel
Dr. Fantabulous
Administrator

Did you finish chapter 5?  -- Sure did ;-)  Now to write some fun stuff.
Did you ever figure out what to do about David?   -- We are no longer together like that.
Did you settle where you're moving to?  -- North Carolina.  I miss you Seattle.
Have you run another marathon?  -- I tried and was injured during training.
Did you get to Japan? -- Nope.

2013:
Did you let that boy catch you?
Did you get out of the country at all?
How does your mom feel?
Did you finish the stories?
Is the money situation better?

"Well, your brain seems to work a little bit." -- Rune Walsh, Phantasy Star IV.

Jump to Post

10.27.2012 6:49am

Nelfichu
I've been there, hombre.

Holy shit, it's been a year already?!

Do you have your Lotus yet? At least a new car?-- Proud owner of a Ford Fiesta, yay!
Did you get a movie into a film festival yet? Wait, did you even finish a movie?-- Finished the movie, trying to get into some low-low-budget festivals, already planning next (better) movie. Still: you made a movie, mother fucka! Congrats!
Still working at that same job? Oh come on, at least a raise?-- Healthy raise (yay!), plus being trained for a possible future promotion! Everything's coming up Nelfichu!
Are you still in Colorado? Get your ass to Mars!-- No space program here in the future, sorry... Still in Colorado, and there's snow outside this very minute.

2013:

Did you get promoted yet?
Did you finish movie #2? Was it better than #1?
How was the ending to Wheel of Time?
And The Hobbit Part 1?
Engaged? (Make it so!)

Jump to Post

10.27.2012 8:15am

Kellios
Yikes and away!

Kellios of 2012 here to answer questions of Kellios 2011.

-Has it all ended yet?
Not yet, unfortunately. Maybe soon.

-Still iving in California, or ventured somewhere else?
Yep, still in California. And in the same place, in fact.

-What studio are you at now? Ship anything else? Full-time yet?
Still at Sledgehammer, actually. Been such a nice surprise. Have not shipped anything else (unless DLC counts), but I am now fulltime. I like being fulltime.

-Have you finally found a partner in crime yet?
I think I have, but it's very complicated at the moment.

-Please tell me you traveled out of the country.
In fact I did. Was in Berlin for nine days, and only got back a couple weeks ago. Amazing trip.

-Reach that 135 goal yet?
Not yet. But down more than thirty, so that's a start. Slowly but surely.

Alright Kellios of 2013, let's have at it:

-Over yet now?
-Did the complicated parts get figured out? Or are you out on the prowl again?
-Do any other kinds of traveling other than the "normal" ones? Make it out of the country again?
-Please tell me you've gotten your ass back to the gym.
-That project you've been poking away at - did it get any other traction? Make any money off of it?
-Still at Sledgehammer/in California? Can you talk about what you're up to yet?
-What's one thing that happened to you tin 2013 that you never considered in 2012?

See ya in a year.

Jump to Post

10.27.2012 11:48am

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Holy shit, it's been a year already. Well then...

How's the ticker holding up?
Extremely well, all things considered

Have you finally moved on to a better apartment?
Working on it...

Has the career stalled?
As far as my role at work, yes, but things are progressing better than I expected.

Did you finally manage to put on some weight?
Slowly but surely.

Still single?
Yep, but for the first time in a long time it doesn't bother me in the least.

Now then, Big Tall of 2013...
How's the not smoking going?
Have you reached that magical goal of 200lbs?
Have you stopped being such an idiot and looked for someone worthwhile rather than settling for convenience?
Are you still living in the same town or has your career moved you elsewhere?
Did you get back to the US for camping with the LOA crew?

Jump to Post

10.29.2012 12:10am

Nelfichu
I've been there, hombre.

Kellios said:

-Reach that 135 goal yet?
Not yet. But down more than thirty, so that's a start. Slowly but surely.

Big Tall said:

Did you finally manage to put on some weight?
Slowly but surely.

I laughed.

Jump to Post

10.29.2012 3:57am

Lexx
I know how they work

Lexx of 2012: Any closer to moving out?

Unfortunately, no.

Find a nice girlfriend/boyfriend?

Damn Lexx of 2011, you really know how to bring a guy down.  That's a negative.

Gots any monies?

Yes, thank God.  A tiny amount, but it's better than nothing.

Lexx of 2013:

Have the health problems cleared up?

Did you find a better job?

How go the topics that just depressed Lexx of 2012?

Did you do any traveling?

Jump to Post

10.30.2013 8:42am

Megz
Capital M before egz

Megz said:

Past self is communicating with present you in the future!

Hows the job going, given that funding is secure for next year and you have a permanent contract you're set for the moment! 

I thought I was set - 2 weeks ago you found out about a big ol' restructure. You had a pretty good interview today though but Fi is interviewing fro that same role tomorrow. You're in for a whole lot of work and stress in your work. Have fun with that.

What did you end up trimming the beard back to for Movember? 

The epicly aweful chopstache in the end... Silly past me. 

How's Korby doing? At the moment you're getting him 1 day most weekends which isn't too bad. 

Korby is great, he's keeping out of trouble and is really well behaved for you which is awesome. You get him most weekends for the whole kit and kaboodle these days which is pretty excting.

What became of you and Sophie, did you ever manage to make something work? I hope future you makes something happen!

Nay, we're just friends in spite of everything. she's changed though and is following her dreams so I guess that's something!

So future you:

What happened in the end with work - did you get offered the job at the uni or did you get offered the job at the South Pacific academy. Or. Heaven forbid, did you reapply and stick with your old position?

How much more has wee Korby grown? Did he go to Kindy this year?

Did you find yourself a girl at all? I know you're busy right now and are always on the go it seems but it'd be nice if you'd made an effort.

Did you manage to lose a bit of weight? Might wanna make sure you do to make sure you can move up a grade or two fro hockey.

It's that time of year.

Hi past self - seems you had some questions for me - let's see how the present me has done with you, shall we?

I did none of those jobby things - SPA were interested in you but ultimately decided they didn't want to afford you- that's a shame. You eventually got a job at a bar school as the enrolment co-ordinator and then became a tutor. This company has since been bought and you're not enjoying yourself in the slightest there at the moment.

Korby has grown heaps - he's going to day care and talks so much, he's so awesome! A pity his fuckwit of a mother can't do the same. Bitch. Present you will do future you a solid and not leave a reminder for why she is - needless to say she has rustled feathers in the last few hours with a nice delayed onset of about 2 months.

Did I find you a girl at all past self? No. We have awkwardly hooked up with an ex for shits and giggles, it didn't work. You have also caught the eye of previous co-workers who dreamed of you naked and you currently have a married gal from your current educational psychology paper who is really keen. That's a bit weird.

Did I lose weight? Not sure past me - I tried over summer but probably put a whole heap on throughout the year. Gutted.

Alright, time to question future me - bastard.

Did the new owners really invest into PBRS and make the changes necessary to make you happy in your job, or did you leave?

Has that stupid bitch grown up?

How's your lovely son,? He'll be off to school soon. That's pretty scary.

Have you done anything to reduce world suck - in either your world or someone elses?

Jump to Post

10.30.2013 9:35am
 (Edited on 10.30.2013 at 9:40am)

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

Now, for Enki of 2013

The world hasn't ended right?
Nope, we're still all here, and the planet is still revolving around Sol at 900 miles an hour. The 'Mayan Apocalypse' date came and went without you even caring anyway, as you were too busy having too much fun with the FFXIV ARR Alpha Test to care. ;)

Did you finally stop being a chicken and get those damn teeth pulled? Eventually, after a severe infection set in that caused hell-level pain. Seriously, you never felt pain that bad. Unfortunately you need several more taken out, to the point you'll need dentures soon.

What's happening with 'a certain person-who-shall-remain-nameless'? Who knows - that's kind of a 'we'll wait and see' at the moment.

Do you have your driver's license yet? Not yet. But you've started reading up for it online so it's a start.

Did you take that trip to Sydney like you planned? Nope. But hopefully sometime in the near future you will be (or maybe even Japan or the US).

Have you started making headway in your other debts? Not yet sadly. And you've since ended up with several more debts around your neck since then. You feel like for every step forward you get pulled three or four steps back in that regard.

Is Mum still living with you and Tim? She was down in Albany again for a little while, but due to being diagnosed with a serious medical condition shes had to throw her job in and move back her to Perth.

How is the 'art project' going? You know, the Western? In stasis at the moment - you hit artist's block at about page 30 (when Ariel and Genevieve first meet on the train.) You have a lot of other projects going on at the moment  as well so you just haven't had time to work on it lately. But you'll go back to it eventually - you've done too much on it to abandon it now.

Have you started working on, 'the other project'? You know what that is. Not yet, but you've started putting money aside for it so it's a start. ;)

Did you find a good paying job other than wildlife park train conductor? No sadly. That was never anything serious anyway other than occassionally helping Tim out when he needed it. But you decided to pursue a new career in the gaming industry by studying a degree in game design so who knows? Something might come out of that once you have your diploma. :D

How are FFXI Seekers of Aodulin, FFXIII-3, FFXIV 2.0, FFvsXIII and FFXV? (Okay, I kid about those last two, but, you never know!) ;) Firstly, Adoulin was so-so, not bad, but nothing to write home about. You kind of gave up on FFXI in the past year anyway to not care too much about it though so it's kind of a moot point anyway.
Lightning Returns - is fanservice fluff, but it still looks fun even if it is brainless, but you won't know for a few months yet when it's released. FFXIV ARR, lets just say it's exceeded all expectations and broken all records - you participated in the Alpha and Beta tests for the game and it kind of hooked you then (as this was typed you were awaiting server maintance to end so you could get back in-game!). So yes, it's all kinds of awesome.
VsXII and XV, SE trolled everyone and renamed VsXIII as XV at E3 earlier in the year. So now they're one and the same (and haven't yet been released). Looks good but I guess we'll see (but then with FFXIV ARR you're optimistic about it ;)).

Now, for Enki for 2014:

How is Mum? Was it malignant? Has she suffered any side effects from the surgery/radiotherapy?
How did your course go? Was your RPG a FF killer or just an unplayable mess like FFXIII?
Has Tamyna come around and told douchebag where to go?
Are Jayce and Ashleigh still living at home and causing trouble for everyone?
How is the 'special project' coming along?

Jump to Post

10.30.2013 6:05pm

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

Has your gf regained her sanity or did you end up kicking her out? She got herself straight but then went crazy again at the start of summer.  Luckily things have been good for the past 4 months.
Have things finally settled down at work since the restructure?  I can't imagine it will take more than a year to fix everything.  Yes they have!  I'm actually up for a 5 year contract (that's crazy good) so I'm nervous about that but it's exciting.
Mom still alive and kicking?  Did you spread Dad's ashes yet?  Mom's health sucks but she's kicking.  Dad's ashes are sitting somewhere in NC I think... I don't know I really detest my Aunt and she eventually took them to spread.  I'm over it though.
How's the right knee?  Still sucks.  I have good days and bad days but bad days tend to stretch for 4-5 days.  I run less which is depressing but it helps. 

2013 was way better than 2012 even though these questions don't completely emphasize that.  Future Crono come back in time to answer these questions now!

How's the kid sister handling high school?  I'm sure she's still kicking ass on grades but what about friends?
Got a kid on the way yet?  Come on dude, you're getting up there in age... you're friggin' 30 now.
Please for the love of science tell me you got a new car... stop being so frugal, you aren't broke.
Knee ok? 

Jump to Post

10.30.2013 6:13pm

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

CaButler said:

To answer your questions, 2011 me, no, I am not out of debt.  I did pay of a high balanced, high intrest rate card, though, so yay!

To the 2013 version of me, has the world ended?  If yes, is it do to Time Traveling Zombie Bananas?

If not, how's life?  is it any good?  Do you have a better paying job?  How much closer to being out of debt are you?  And finally, did you get a new car, and if so, what was it?

Life seems fine though my sister has a new obession with running.  It appears that my debt situation has gotten worse and I do not hav a new car yet.

2014: Same as before, still in debt?  Make any dents?  And did you finally get that new car?

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter