Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  General Discussion

"Fuck you tropical summer!"

< Prev 1 2 Next >

04.30.2012 2:44pm
Thread Creator

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

I fucking hate not being able to sleep properly at nights because it's 30C. I hate feeling sticky and having to take baths every three hours just so I don't feel like I'm rolling in sweat. Fuck this stupid summer with no airconditioning. I can't wait for the -ber months to be here so I can enjoy 24C chilly weather again. Stupid tropical country!

I hate you people living in always constant below 25C gloomy weather. HAET! >=(

===

"Plans? What plans? I'm making this up as I go!"

Jump to Post

04.30.2012 3:07pm

grey_haven
Formerly known as 'Trekster'

Last summer I was in a stage production of The Three Musketeers. So I had to run around and sword fight in a thick costume under stage lights, in a building with no air conditioning in a state where the temperature was consistently around 40C. Man alive, that was brutal. I lost a lot of weight though.

Jump to Post

04.30.2012 4:18pm

OrionHardy
Otherworld

Indiana Jerico said:

I can't wait for the -ber months to be here so I can enjoy 24C chilly weather again.

24C chilly? If we get 24C here, we get women sunbathing in Bikinis.

Great men aren't everywhere, just where it counts.

If you ever see me online playing Halo, join me please.

Jump to Post

04.30.2012 4:34pm
Thread Creator

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

OrionHardy said:

24C chilly? If we get 24C here, we get women sunbathing in Bikinis.

Now you realize how awful a tropical country is. You can have our sea, sun, and sand. I'd gladly trade it for a nice chilly overcast afternoon any day.

===

"Plans? What plans? I'm making this up as I go!"

Jump to Post

04.30.2012 4:54pm

OrionHardy
Otherworld

There is no way I could live in a tropical country. 30C at night!!! I'd fucking melt, or tear my skin off.

Jump to Post

04.30.2012 5:01pm

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

OrionHardy said:

There is no way I could live in a tropical country. 30C at night!!! I'd fucking melt, or tear my skin off.

While not as humid as tropical areas, this past summer in Texas was awful. Something to the effect of 60+ days over 100F and it didn't drop below 80F at night.

Jump to Post

04.30.2012 5:13pm

Crusader
Not Even My Dad Hit Me

I hear you, Indy.  You'd think, because I'm a native of Miami, that it would be comfortable for me.  But no, I suffer my ass off during summer.  Good thing I'm on a career track that takes me to humidity-free Los Angeles.  Same nice mild climate, none of the bullshit that comes with having to check the heat index.

Jump to Post

04.30.2012 6:04pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

grey_haven said:

Last summer I was in a stage production of The Three Musketeers. So I had to run around and sword fight in a thick costume under stage lights, in a building with no air conditioning in a state where the temperature was consistently around 40C. Man alive, that was brutal. I lost a lot of weight though.

Try Nunsense, Amen in the summer with no AC.  Habits.  Not fun.

Jump to Post

04.30.2012 9:11pm

Ulterior
Registered Member

I think we can all agree dry heat > humid heat.

I love you, everything burrito.

Jump to Post

04.30.2012 9:14pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Ulterior said:

I think we can all agree dry heat > humid heat.

Very much so. It's humid heat here and it kills me. Anything around or above 25C completely zaps my energy. I find it really hard to function in anything hotter than that without somewhere to swim or a lot of cold beer.

Jump to Post

05.01.2012 4:47am

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

Dudes, rain all the fucking time is not as awesome as it sounds.  But I guess at least you can get away from it....

Jump to Post

05.01.2012 4:52am

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

Oh Indy, and here I am perpetually wishing I could trade places with you; although I admit that such humid heat gives me instant headaches the second I step out of the air conditioner's range... and clothes are always kind of damp... but if you are in Cebu, oh buddy, I'd trade places with you in a sec, weather be damned.

Jump to Post

05.01.2012 11:17am

Murasame
HALE YEAH

amaron said:

While not as humid as tropical areas, this past summer in Texas was awful. Something to the effect of 60+ days over 100F and it didn't drop below 80F at night.

Texas and South Australia have a really similar climate (according to one.gun), but we weren't particularly hot this year. It was oddly humid.

It was worse. I can't stand humid heat. Dry heat is the best, blood noses be damned, because it's just so much easier to keep cool. I vastly prefer dry hot summers. Humidity means that plants are getting enough water to keep blooming. Humidity means heaps of sweat. Humity means smells permeate. Humidity means heavy breathing. Humidity is fucking awful.

Jump to Post

05.01.2012 1:37pm

Soul Hunter
Ambitious but rubbish
Administrator

Mavilu said:

Oh Indy, and here I am perpetually wishing I could trade places with you; although I admit that such humid heat gives me instant headaches the second I step out of the air conditioner's range... and clothes are always kind of damp... but if you are in Cebu, oh buddy, I'd trade places with you in a sec, weather be damned.
I'd trade places with anyone who isn't in the Philippines.  I hate being here right now...

Jump to Post

05.01.2012 1:57pm

Southern Comfort
silently judging all of you

kirbenvost said:

Dudes, rain all the fucking time is not as awesome as it sounds.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter