Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  General Discussion

Good places to travel to December-January

11.08.2011 6:57pm
Thread Creator

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Hey guys. I'm currently planning to take an international trip to South America (Brazil&Argentina) this December/January between christmas and the first couple of weeks of January. It looks like the flight deals are just no good this season though so my travel buddy and I are considering other places around the world as well. However we have one huge rule, we can't have any threat of being snowed in, being stuck, or not being able to do anything because of some blizzard. For this we are avoiding lots of places in Europe. That's why we chose south of the equator.

What I'm wondering is do you guys know good places to travel around this time? I don't mind cold, I just want to avoid storms that would take out all the fun of going somewhere. Anywhere in Europe that it doesn't really snow around this time? Or what are good places to travel to in the Southern Hemisphere? Give me your input, thanks!!

Oh and nowhere in the US.  Already seen everything in the US..

Jump to Post

11.08.2011 7:02pm

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

Aruba might work.  I've been there before (and going there again next year), and it's always fun.  Also, it's near the equator, so good weather for the most part.

Jump to Post

11.10.2011 12:28am
Thread Creator

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Thanks I'll look into that. Seems right up my alley.

Jump to Post

11.10.2011 1:00am

Kal
yes

I think France is very nice in the winter. We sometimes get snow, but a few inches at most. The streets are more quiet and the cities are not as crowded as during the summer.
Paris has a really special atmosphere in the winter.

I would've recommended Italy or Greece as they are both pretty warm in the winter, but right now is not exactly the best time to experience these countries to the max...

The chances of getting caught in a snowstorm in europe are pretty slim if you stay near the mediteranean.

The Carribean is pretty nice during the winter. I was in the french indies in january a few years back and it was hot but not too hot and the weather was generally very nice.

I've heard great things of Costa Rica and always wanted to go there. Cuba also.

Jump to Post

11.10.2011 8:22am
Thread Creator

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Found a steal of a deal for a round trip ticket with all fees to Thailand and back for 1350 total. Couldn't pass it up, and a chance to see Cambodia or Singapore too. Thanks for the input guys. Wanted to do the Italy/Greece thing , costa rica almost happened, as well as Aruba, but my travel bud been to half of those and this was too much of a deal to pass up.

Jump to Post

11.10.2011 10:55am

Kal
yes

That sounds like a fantastic deal. Don't miss Angkor Wat when you're in Cambodia. At this time of the year, it shouldn't be too crowded, which just adds to the incredible mystique of the place.
My sister was in Thailand this summer and she had a blast. Expect to see a lot of hippies and tourists though, more so than actual Thais. She said that although the beaches are very nice, they're just packed with drunk 18 year old tourists and it sort of feels like spring break in Palm Beach and the experience isn't very genuine, the best time she had there was when they went trekking up north in the jungle for a few days. Also, she said the food in Thailand is amazing pretty much everywhere and extremely cheap.
Singapore, I have a good friend who lives there, maybe I can ask for a few recommendations on what to do if you're there for a couple days.

Jump to Post

11.11.2011 5:08am
Thread Creator

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Thanks Kal! That would be great.! Great tips.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter