Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  General Discussion

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger:The Fitness & Health Thread

< Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next >

08.16.2013 9:19pm

Crux
A mental Dentist's office

Mavilu said:

I don't know if I'm having browser problems or what, but I can't do much in Fitocracy, I can't pick quests, or routines, they just don't have a heart or a check mark for me to click on and I can't load a picture even when I meet all requirements; either I have suddenly become very dense and I can't figure this site out or it is broken for me. I am sad. :(
Hmm I have the checks and hearts to do the quests and the routines, but when I try to add a profile picture a new "window" pops up, but nothing happens when I try to click the 'upload' button.

So... No, it's not just you. It must vary between the browsers and OSs

Jump to Post

08.17.2013 8:21am

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

Yeah, my picture window times out, I guess we'll have to wait until they iron all the wrinkles out.

Jump to Post

08.18.2013 12:32pm

Arckanghel
Pirate.

So I joined Fitocracy myself. I gained a bit of weight since i moved to The South and healthy eating options aren't as abundant. Gotta do something, And I need more exercise anyway.

https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/CKJ411/

Jump to Post

08.19.2013 11:58am

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

It was confirmed by they prompt answer to my question: my browser is to blame for all the shortcomings; don't matter, I love the concept, last night I hurt my back carving and today it would have been a day of loafing around (because I do have an excuse) and yet, I wanted to add some points (I'm only level 4, how lame!) and ended up doing some crunches, kneeling push-ups, etc..

Love it!.

Jump to Post

08.19.2013 7:10pm
Thread Creator (Edited on 08.19.2013 at 7:15pm)

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

Zo said:

You have to find the enjoyment in it yourself. Going purely because someone else wants you to go is the easiest and quickest way to totally burn yourself out on it. For me, that came when I discovered the following things about myself:

a) I like setting myself challenges
b) I like looking buff
c) I'm actually not bad at lifting weights

But in order to discover these things I had to be dragged kicking and screaming to the gym a couple of times. By the time I had made a game out of it, and started noticing improvements, I was hooked.

Yeah, I'm still trying to find some motivation for myself. Most of what's holding me back (other than not enjoying being at the gym) is just not having enough time for it. But I plan to go today and tomorrow, so hopefully I can get back into a routine.

Fitocracy is not working for me either, at least on this computer. Oh well!

Jump to Post

08.19.2013 8:30pm

Kellios
Yikes and away!

Oh hey, I've been meaning to post here for awhile now.

Anyways! Like a lot of other people, been trying to switch to a healthier lifestyle, and in the last two years have made a lot of progress. I'm down over 55lbs in two years, 35lbs since the end of January this year.

I've been doing the
ketogenic diet and it's been amazing to me. I'm the lightest in weight I've ever been in my adult life, I feel a lot better, I can eat all the cheese and bacon that I want, and just in general, it's been a huge improvement for me. I've also been able to lose those 35lbs without doing consistent exercise.

Now I'm 15lbs away from my goal, and my progress has completely stalled, ha. So now I'm beginning to introduce more physical activitty into my daily life, which I knew I wanted to do anyways - just wanted to get the diet down pat and see how far I could go with it first. I'm at the point of needing to add exericise, and so starting that today!

I've been insanely happy with my progess, and it's been lots of fun running into people I haven't seen in a long time, and seeing the shock on their faces. Though it's still kinda surreal for me - I just feel like a smaller version of me, and sometimes it's difficult to see the progress (since I look at myself everyday) so apparent. But, well, dropping over two sizes in clothing helps! And the clothes seriously get cuter the smaller you are.

I'm on the app
LoseIt if anyone uses that. Though I go through periods of tracking calories or not (when I'm feeling unsure/stalled, I count. When feeling good, I just naturally eat). When I first started the new lifestyle, counting calories was a HUGE help, and I'm glad I basically spent over a year doing it. Now I just have a much better idea, and since I eat mostly the same things, I generally have a good idea of where I stand in my calories.

Anyways, thought I'd share =)

Jump to Post

08.22.2013 2:53pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Saw my mother for the first time in a few weeks yesterday.  She kept praising my progress by saying how fat I had been getting.  So that was...nice...?

Jump to Post

08.22.2013 6:48pm

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

I'm of the opinion that an honest mother is better than one who isn't.  So yeah, nice.

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

08.22.2013 7:01pm
Thread Creator

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

Unless that's all your mother wants to talk about.  Like my girlfriend's mother.  But hey, at least when there's weight loss she mentions it too.

Jump to Post

08.25.2013 9:38pm

Zo
another blue ribbon

So I'm counting calories again.

Yesterday's net: 1791. A little high, but included a 30 minute run to offset the ribeye steak consumed right after :D

Todays: 1558.

LET'S SEE HOW LONG I CAN KEEP THIS UP

Jump to Post

08.26.2013 3:33am

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

Huh, I actually started counting calories today as well, I've done it on and off in the past, but I always lose interest. I wish you luck!.

Jump to Post

08.26.2013 5:36pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

I can't do the calorie thing.  Just never works for me.  And I can't deny myself all unhealthy foods.  All I can really do is reduce portions.  And it seems to work.  On my cheat days I find myself getting full before I can eat all I want to eat. 

Saw someone I hadn't seen since January last night, and his reaction was cool.  Lost almost 30 lbs so far.

Jump to Post

08.26.2013 5:55pm

maximus asinus
Registered Member

You have to be careful when you're counting calories, especially if you're working out. Most people think calories are evil but it is something your body burns and uses for fuel during the day. Even when you're idle you're burning, and the number burned increases with more muscle mass. You have to experiement and find what is right for you, don't pick a number because it is nice and low. I eat between 2500 - 3000 calories in a day because by body needs it.

Jump to Post

08.26.2013 7:31pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Yeah - I'm getting to that point-ish.  After working out yesterday morning I stopped at Dunkins to get breakfast sandwiches for me and the hubby.  But for some reason I wasn't feeling hungry and couldn't stomach it, so just got a wake-up wrap.  Later in the afternoon I ended up with a BK chicken sandwich, and nothing had ever felt that RIGHT before.

Jump to Post

08.27.2013 12:57am

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

Nah, I just wanted to see why is that I've maintained my weight for almost a year, but haven't lost any... after a day of tracking, I was reminded why: I eat too much fat! and not enough calories, it seems; what your calories are composed of is important and this illustates it perfectly.

If I could only stop eating nuts and butter (the culprits, a-ha!) I would loose those final 5 to 10 pounds, I just can't bring myself to do it. :(

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter