Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  General Discussion

Holiday Season 2012

12.26.2012 6:21am

Southern Comfort
silently judging all of you

Donuts with my brother, and I don't mean the glazed kind.

Also, got to play with help assemble a totally sweet lego set.

Jump to Post

12.26.2012 8:13am

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

That is totally awesome SC. :D My little niece got a Lego set too - imagine my delight when my mum 'volunteered' me to help her put it together (it's one of the Town line sets - a forest Police station with chopper and robbers, including one who is stuck up a tree by a bear. :p).

Goddess I wish they'd had that kind of Lego when I was a kid.

Anyway, I got a box of chocolates from my brother, and some new clothes (as usual) plus $100 from my Mum (I was meant to get a camera instead, but she ran out of time to pick it up and just gave me the cash instead). Which I then spent today during the Boxing Day sales not on a camera, but a new HP LED HD monitor to replace my old LCD which is in disgrace (and which I picked up for nearly $100 cheaper than it was marked, so I'm very pleased about that :D).

In return, I gave my brother a paid pre-order for the new Sim-City (he loved the older ones so I thought he'd appreciate this), and a framed sketch I did of my late father for my mum.

Then spent Christmas Day for lunch at my brother and sister-in-law's place - and spent it playing his PC Engine (yes, he has a PC Engine). :D

All in all, apart from the opressive West Australian heat, it was a good day. ^^

Jump to Post

12.26.2012 4:45pm

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

I got Left 4 Dead 2 (which doesn't work :(), Gears of War 2, Fable III, Little Big Planet 2 (tried to keep games cheap this year), NSMB2, Ted, That's My Boy, some other assorted movies, a new charcoal grill just like the one I have but not completely rusted over, chimney for grill, lots of gift certificates for movies and food, and a wireless adapter for my 360 remote to use on my laptop so I can FINALLY chip away at all these steam games I couldn't play.  [/swag]

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

12.26.2012 7:03pm

Ladile
Medic!

Gave
Mom - purse, house robe, necklace, sock monkey hat & gloves
Dad - shaving razors, batteries, boxers
In-laws - 4 slot toaster
Brother-in-law - IHOP & Krystal giftcards
Grandma-in-law - Cracker Barrel giftcard
Brother - BAM giftcard, Lost Odyssey, Twilight Giants book trilogy
Husband - socks, underwear, undershirts, Demon's Souls (w/ soundtrack), decorative binders for his Magic cards
Coworkers - homemade candy (with mom's help)

I received way more than I expected (or deserved).  My in-laws gave me $100 cash, a $50 Kohl's giftcard, body wash/lotion/soap from Bath & Body Works, a bracelet and a set of earrings.  They gave seperately to my husband, but as a gift to both of us, they gave us a Brita water pitcher and some filters for it.  From my family (dad, mom, brother) I received new tires for my car, a stand-up mirror, a smiley face coffe mug, smiley face cooling pads for hot pans, organizer boxes for my crafting beads, a bracelet, a Hello Kitty houserobe, a cross-body purse, $25 giftcard to Olive Garden, Brave DVD, Journey, Valkyria Chronicles, LittleBigPlanet GOTY, LEGO Lord of the Rings, LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4, some toiletries (razors, shaving gel), bubble bath and Wallflowers from Bath & Body.  There were a few little things from coworkers, such as 2013 mini calendars, a Sharpie pen, and a necklace (the boss bought for the two guys that work in the lab and let the women pick from a selection of jewelry).

Funny thing, my dad received a set of hot pink Betty Boop pajamas as a gag gift from my cousin when they were at a family gathering on the 24th.  I thought that with his pajamas, mom's sock monkey hat, and my Hello Kitty robe that we'd make a fine picture but I couldn't get mom to go along with it (dad would've done it).

All in all, I've had a very lovely Christmas and December in general.  People seemed to like what I gave them, I received things both useful/practical and fun, and despite working Christmas Day, I still got to spend plenty of time with the people I care about :)

Jump to Post

12.27.2012 3:37am

Sanna
What a Tedious fight!

My major gfit getting is the laptop (which I am posting from), and new PS3 since my old one is almost completely dead. Going to try and get it fixed though, so my boyfriend can have it. I think he's the only person I know who doesn't own a current gen system. :S

I also got a bunch of clothes and candy. Mmmm Belgiam dark chocolates.  Oh, James got me season one of Adventure TIme, hard cover edition of Catching FIre, and a Sonic plushies with blanket.

Overall, I say Christmas was quite nice. The working all the time sucked, though.

Jump to Post

12.27.2012 5:16am

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

Zubis said:

Looks great Mav! Stop looking so organised, that desk and bookshelf look perfect.
Oh, don't you worry, it'll be full of wood chips soon enough! :)

Jump to Post

12.27.2012 6:50am

Jed Kemsley
Registered Member

I got some red wine :)

Jump to Post

12.27.2012 7:05am

Spoony
TEH DISCORD CREW~

I got:
- Skyrim for 360
- Professor Layton and the Unwound Future for DS
- JK Rowling's new book, "The Casual Vacancy"
- an Amazon gift card
- a broken heart
- some nifty t-shirts

Jump to Post

12.27.2012 8:09am

Southern Comfort
silently judging all of you

I have to admit, I have some unresolved issues with Christmas, so the gift-giving is a definite no-no with me.  I buy for my nephews, and donate a little towards a gift cert for my mother, and absolutely 100% refuse any gift given to me.  And if I have no choice about it, the gift gets dropped in the nearest thrift store donation bin.

Jump to Post

12.27.2012 3:30pm

Jaran
I'm going to try SCIENCE!

$1600 and a Best Buy gift card.

What my family lacks in creativity, they make up for in riches.

Jump to Post

12.29.2012 3:10am

Ulterior
Registered Member

Got a few gift certificates,  2 amazon,  1 dunkin donuts, 1 guitar center. $150 cash (which will probably go towards paying my bills or something boring and responsible like that). 2 new pairs of Levi's, 2 new aprons, hardcover copy of The Flavor Bible, some movie candy boxes, and Arkham City (GOTY edition). Overall a good Christmas since i got to see the extended family, both sides. All too rare.

I love you, everything burrito.

Jump to Post

12.29.2012 7:21am

Rain
hip hop what what
Administrator

I got a Kindle Fire, which is quite lovely,a scarf from my sister,and some cash.

Getting older is a double- edged sword.

Jump to Post

12.30.2012 4:59pm

OrionHardy
Otherworld

Okay my full Christmas gift list.

• Scott Pilgrim DVD
  • Iron Man 2 DVD
  • Captain America DVD
  • The Incredible Hulk DVD
  • The Avengers DVD
  • The Dark Knight Rises DVD and T-shirt
  • Futurama - The Beast with a Billion Backs DVD
  • The Mysterious Cities of Gold DVD
  • Mock the Week - To Hot for TV 3
  • Michael McIntyre DVD (Stand Up Comedian)
  • Dara O'Briain DVD (Another Stand Up Comedian)
  • Walking with Beasts DVD
  • Final Fantasy XIII Xbox 360 Game
  • Assassins Creed Brotherhood Xbox 360 Games
  • Audioslave - Revelations Music CD
  • The Batman Memory Stick
  • Jam by Yahtzee Croshaw
  • Light Up Game Loopz
  • A Candy Grabber (A home version of those grabber machines you get in arcades)

I did get The Dark Knight Rises DVD twice, So I'll be exchanging one of them for something else. Maybe Another Video Game

Great men aren't everywhere, just where it counts.

If you ever see me online playing Halo, join me please.

Jump to Post

12.30.2012 5:57pm

Ashilyn
Career GM

Christmas and my birthday run real close together, and it looks like I've gotten all my presents for both now, so I guess it's time to post them:

• Clothes (which I actually needed for once, including a new pair of shoes to replace my old, literally falling apart pair)
  • Two boxes of white fudge covered oreoes (my favourite <3)
  • Journey (Bought using a $20 PSN card I received)
  • Mafia 2 (see above)
  • Hydrophobia: Prophacy (see above)
  • MLB 12 The Show (PS3)
  • Dragon Age: Origins: Ultimate Edition (bought using a gift card I received)
  • Dragon Age 2 PSN download code
  • Dragon Age 2 "Mark of the Assassin" and "Legacy" DLC download codes
  • Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook
  • Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Ultimate Combat Rulebook
  • A $20 PSN card that I'm saving for the last week of holiday sales 

Some of that stuff I technically already had - I had DAO + DLC and DA2 Signiture Edition on PC, but with my PC dead and no plans to pick up another gaming PC in the immediate future, the opprotunity to replay them is welcome. I also never got to play either of the DA2 DLCs I got, which is awesome. MLB 12 I also already had for Vita, but being able to play it for long periods without straining my eyes will be a welcome change. The Pathfinder books I likewise own digitally, but since I started getting back into in-person D&Ding (instead of playing with friends over the interwebs) it's really handy to have some physical books again.

Jump to Post

12.30.2012 7:13pm

Sei'taer
lost

I got a new TV, some Dark Tower comic anthologies, Questionable content volume 3, and some nice new shirts.

All I really wanted was the TV boy did I ever need a new one.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter